2023 Maverick Packaging Guide

ice-capades

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

It just says black seats so it should be the same seats that trim normally has but in black.  XL and XLT has cloth seats.  Lariat has active X.

Exactly.  Expect the same seats that would normally come on that trim, just in black, unless Ford says otherwise.  The order guide doesn't indicate a change in seat material for the Black Appearance Package, just a change in color.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, j2sys said:

Exactly.  Expect the same seats that would normally come on that trim, just in black, unless Ford says otherwise.  The order guide doesn't indicate a change in seat material for the Black Appearance Package, just a change in color.

But will those "upgraded" black seats be nicer than the Base XL seats, or downgraded to base XL seats which are black onyx.

Edited by LSchicago

1 hour ago, LSchicago said:

But will those "upgraded" black seats be nicer than the Base XL seats, or downgraded to base XL seats which are black onyx.

Not sure why we have to repeat it but here you go.

16 hours ago, akirby said:

it should be the same seats that trim normally has but in black.  XL and XLT has cloth seats.  Lariat has active X.

16 hours ago, j2sys said:

Expect the same seats that would normally come on that trim, just in black

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not sure why we have to repeat it but here you go.

I guess you don't understand what I am asking. Some have said the upgrade will just be the same black cloth seats as in the the XL. I find it strange that they would put the same base seats in a XLT truck that first charges for upgraded seats, then charges more for an upgrade from the standard XLT seats. I was hoping they would be a real (even if minor) upgrade such as the sport cloth seats used in other models, or at least had different embellishments or piping. Why doesn't Ford give us a damn picture so we know what to order? If you are going to give the same answer, just ignore my question, and let someone who understands respond. 

27 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

I guess you don't understand what I am asking. Some have said the upgrade will just be the same black cloth seats as in the the XL. I find it strange that they would put the same base seats in a XLT truck that first charges for upgraded seats, then charges more for an upgrade from the standard XLT seats. I was hoping they would be a real (even if minor) upgrade such as the sport cloth seats used in other models, or at least had different embellishments or piping. Why doesn't Ford give us a damn picture so we know what to order? If you are going to give the same answer, just ignore my question, and let someone who understands respond. 

I understand completely.  Based on how the order guide is worded, it is EXACTLY the same seats you would get without the BAP just in black.  There are no upgraded seats.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Per the order guide...

XL gets base cloth seats.

XLT, regardless of options, gets "unique cloth" (or "premium cloth" I believe it's depicted elsewhere).  That means with or without Tremor or Black Appearance Package, the seat material does not change.  XLT Black Appearance Package would still get you the slightly nicer cloth seats, they're just black.

Lariat, regardless of options, gets ActiveX.  Lariat Black Appearance Package would still get you ActiveX, they're just black.

Black Appearance Package is straight Black Onyx, not the Black Onyx/Medium Dark Slate combo in the cheap XL seats.  So BAP is not the XL cloth nor the XL color scheme.

image.thumb.png.2f577f1fbc71d79b2f637024b7a0951f.png

Edited by j2sys
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

Per the order guide...

XL gets base cloth seats.

XLT, regardless of options, gets "unique cloth" (or "premium cloth" I believe it's depicted elsewhere).  That means with or without Tremor or Black Appearance Package, the seat material does not change.  XLT Black Appearance Package would still get you the slightly nicer cloth seats, they're just black.

Lariat, regardless of options, gets ActiveX.  Lariat Black Appearance Package would still get you ActiveX, they're just black.

Black Appearance Package is straight Black Onyx, not the Black Onyx/Medium Dark Slate combo in the cheap XL seats.  So BAP is not the XL cloth nor the XL color scheme.

image.thumb.png.2f577f1fbc71d79b2f637024b7a0951f.png

Perfect, thanks. So they will not be the XL seats as others have thought.