2023 Escape

The order guide is out but no official pics yet.

&do=download&csrfKey=ed4957f1cb3d1523373

The order guide is a CF.  The good news is you can get a hybrid on every trim above base.  Now the bad news.

Here are the orderable models (16 to be exact).  Ridiculously complicated.

Base 1.5 FWD

Base 1.5 AWD

Active 1.5  FWD

Active 1.5 AWD

Active  HEV FWD

Active HEV AWD

ST-Line 1.5 FWD

ST-Line 1.5 AWD

ST-Line HEV FWD (no AWD)

ST-Line Select 2.0 AWD

ST-Line Select HEV AWD

ST-Line Elite 2.0 AWD

ST-Line Elite HEV AWD

Platinum 2.0 AWD

Platinum HEV FWD

Platinum HEV AWD

Base should be dropped altogether with Active being the fleet model.

Keep Active

Ditch ST-Line And Change ST-Line Select to ST-Line

Drop ST-Line Elite and give ST-Line a luxury package 

Keep Platinum as is

Make ST-Line Luxury and Platinum AWD only with 2.0 and HEV.

Active and ST-Line get 1.5 or HEV, AWD or FWD.

Thats still probably too many options but far better than what they did.

• Like 1

PHEV is its own trim now.  That makes it 17 unless you're ignoring that.  Still no PHEV AWD.  PHEV Premium Package bundles basically everything but the panoramic vista roof and tow package.  PHEV gets a variant on the 20-22 SEL wheels with a darker finish.

LED headlamps standard.  "Coast to Coast LED Lightbar" - the bar above the grill presumably - is on ST-Line Elite, Platinum, PHEV Premium Package.

Sync 4 8" standard with the 12.3" system Corsair, Europe, etc gets as the upgrade here.  That one puts climate controls at the bottom of the screen.  22 Escape S didn't even get Sync 3 so that's an upgrade.

Order guide shows FHEV is fleet-only on Active.

image.thumb.png.d7b74a8db48b5c71b902cb7a3ff1f3db.png

Edited by j2sys

thanks for the clarifications on the 2023 PHEV order guide. Most of it is hard for me to decipher and I ma waiting on a call from my dealer to tell me my 2022 Escape PHEV order is scheduled or that I need to order a 2023. The scheduling info says they are still scheduling escapes this week so I guess I wait which puts me further down the list for 2023. I am ready to give up the whole process of trying to get a 2022 tax credit and possibly buy a 2022 or 23 Kia Niro PHEV instead. Looking for a road trip car and am worried the Niro would be too small. Any comparisons between the Escape and the Niro would be welcome.

42 minutes ago, akirby said:

I forgot PHEV.  

Odd that they chose to make PHEV its own trim instead of being available on SE, SEL, and Titanium in 2022, but they probably decided they didn't have enough trims.  Or they thought the rest of the lineup was confusing enough, so they decided to add more confusion. ;)

Don't think I want to know what the PHEV Premium Package costs...

Edited by j2sys

24 minutes ago, j2sys said:

Odd that they chose to make PHEV its own trim instead of being available on SE, SEL, and Titanium in 2022, but they probably decided they didn't have enough trims.  Or they thought the rest of the lineup was confusing enough, so they decided to add more confusion. ;)

Don't think I want to know what the PHEV Premium Package costs...

At least it’s consistent with Corsair and Aviator GT.

I’m guessing it’s still FWD only because they don’t want the added cost of the rear motor like Corsair GT.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I ordered my 2023 Escape PHEV today.

MSRP: $38,500

Premium Package: $4585

Total: $43,085

+ Destination fees

+ Accessories (Floor Liners)

Color: Vapor Blue Metallic

Interior: Leather Space Grey

Priority Code: 19 (Anyone know what that means?)

Edited by armyb77
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, armyb77 said:

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I ordered my 2023 Escape PHEV today.

MSRP: $38,500

Premium Package: $4585

Total: $43,085

+ Destination fees

+ Accessories (Floor Liners)

Color: Vapor Blue Metallic

Interior: Leather Space Grey

Priority Code: 19 (Anyone know what that means?)

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of discussion on Priority Codes.

This is the mechanism for your dealer to advise Ford, regarding which order they would like their unscheduled orders built. For a retail order, the dealer can assign 10 - 19 (inclusive), with the order defaulting to 19. As orders ahead of yours are built, if the dealer manages their Unscheduled Order Bank, your priority number should reduce. After 4 to 6 months, if still Unscheduled, the dealer can contact their Ford Zone Manage to lower it to 1 or 2.

To summarise - when Ford is scheduling, if they didn't have any plant/commodity restraints, they will pick the dealer's unscheduled order with the lowest Priority Code for scheduling.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 1

So you are saying that after 6 months of waiting, my dealer could change my 11 priority to 1 or 2? I guess it would be worth asking when I talk to them tomorrow. Does not seem like I got scheduled this week. But with an 11 priority maybe I should not expect to be scheduled this year.

24 minutes ago, MaryB said:

So you are saying that after 6 months of waiting, my dealer could change my 11 priority to 1 or 2? I guess it would be worth asking when I talk to them tomorrow. Does not seem like I got scheduled this week. But with an 11 priority maybe I should not expect to be scheduled this year.

Dealer can't.  They can request it from their zone rep who may or may not approve the request.  Dealers can assign 11-19 for retail orders.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, MaryB said:

I have heard of plenty of orders filled with a high priority, the issue is what feature are in the build.  From what I have been told, if they are lacking chips for productions it can be pushed for lower priority cars. So the priority other than 1 or 2 really isn't going to improve your chances if the parts are not there to build it.

54 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It’s an example of the disorganisation going on within Ford, priorities and people in controlling positions have changed

The strangest part is that they officially unveiled 2023 Corsair in time for NAIAS, yet no word about 2023 Escape and apparently they couldn't even be bothered to bring one to the show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, j2sys said:

The strangest part is that they officially unveiled 2023 Corsair in time for NAIAS, yet no word about 2023 Escape and apparently they couldn't even be bothered to bring one to the show.

Farley is also convinced that the $3 billion annual spend on advertising is excessive and is being slashed as part of increasing profits.

23 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Farley is also convinced that the $3 billion annual spend on advertising is excessive and is being slashed as part of increasing profits.

How much of that $3 billion USD does it take to put together a simple press release, post some text and pictures online, oh and maybe have a couple units to send around to the auto shows that they're choosing to participate in?

Especially since we're just talking marginal cost over what they actually did do for Corsair.

Nobody here is asking why Ford isn't spending millions to advertise 2023 Escape on TV, online, and in print.  That's what adds up to your $3 billion.  Not failing to put some text and pictures on the web and show off the vehicle at the shows you're already at.

23 minutes ago, j2sys said:

How much of that $3 billion USD does it take to put together a simple press release, post some text and pictures online, oh and maybe have a couple units to send around to the auto shows that they're choosing to participate in?

Especially since we're just talking marginal cost over what they actually did do for Corsair.

Nobody here is asking why Ford isn't spending millions to advertise 2023 Escape on TV, online, and in print.  That's what adds up to your $3 billion.  Not failing to put some text and pictures on the web and show off the vehicle at the shows you're already at.

You can see quite clearly that Ford cares little about Escape, they spent money on the 2023 model but it’s clear they just don’t support it like in the past ……..commodity vehicle?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/25/new-ford-escape-with-advanced-hybrid-engines-and-a-sporty-st-lin.html

image.jpeg.2d48f9853e6a5c1d14ee7a0991d77128.jpeg

• New athletically styled Escape ST-Line features upscale interior design, black mesh grille, unique rear skid plate, large single-wing rear spoiler and available “coast to coast” LED light bar that runs from headlamp to headlamp
  • Advanced technology includes available Alexa Built-In as well as SYNC® 4 with available Enhanced Voice Recognition and Connected Built-in Navigation; also available is Ford Co-Pilot360Technology with Intersection Assist 2.0 and Blind Spot Assist
  • EcoBoost, hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain options offer customers the power of choice while allowing them to personalize their drive experience; every model in the lineup targets an EPA-estimated range of at least 400 miles per tank. The full hybrid model with front-wheel drive targets an EPA-estimated range of more than 550 miles*

2020 escape reveal was probably one of the dumbest reveals I’ve ever seen and I’m sure it cost a lot of money. If you don’t remember it, they made a whole fake town called escapeville, and had tons of actors singing and dancing as the escape drove through the town. I’m glad Ford isn’t spending that kind of money because that was truly wasteful, but you gotta push your product a bit more then a tweet.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

2020 escape reveal was probably one of the dumbest reveals I’ve ever seen and I’m sure it cost a lot of money. If you don’t remember it, they made a whole fake town called escapeville, and had tons of actors singing and dancing as the escape drove through the town. 

As bad as that sounds it will never be as bad as the Chevy Volt Dancers 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I’m glad Ford isn’t spending that kind of money because that was truly wasteful, but you gotta push your product a bit more then a tweet.

Shows how they feel about the Escape these days, doesn’t it? Kinda backs up Farley’s comments a few months ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Shows how they feel about the Escape these days, doesn’t it? Kinda backs up Farley’s comments a few months ago. 

It just got some minor styling changes and new trim names.  Nothing earth shattering or worthy of a big production.

• Like 1