2023 Escape

32 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

a tweet saying oh by the way here’s this thing we still have with only a days notice 

That's an appropriate response for a product whose sales in the U.S. market has declined about 50% in the past 5 years, and which gets lost in a sea of boring compact crossovers. 

Ford is wise to focus its promotional efforts on more distinctive products like Bronco Sport and Maverick, along with its BEV.

40 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

More photos.

2023-Ford-Escape-ADW-dashboard.jpg

2023-Ford-Escape-Hybrid-dashboard.jpg

Why are they using photos with the check engine and battery lights on, and a battery that is showing 98% charged and 1 Mile range. They really don't care about details and subliminal messaging. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Why are they using photos with the check engine and battery lights on, and a battery that is showing 98% charged and 1 Mile range. They really don't care about details and subliminal messaging. 

Had same question regarding other picture showing 3.6 MPG. 

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

2020 escape reveal was probably one of the dumbest reveals I’ve ever seen and I’m sure it cost a lot of money. If you don’t remember it, they made a whole fake town called escapeville, and had tons of actors singing and dancing as the escape drove through the town. I’m glad Ford isn’t spending that kind of money because that was truly wasteful, but you gotta push your product a bit more then a tweet.

Well then you’ll probably love this one too (at least it was cheap to film)

Build and price is up. I know we talked about this before but the trims just seem weird to me. Why is there even a base trim? It’s only 1k cheaper than the active which looks almost identical minus a very small amount of trim pieces. 

then there are the 3 different ST Line trims. 3 different packages on the ST Line trim would make more sense, but if there are 3 different trims, ST Line becomes redundant. Might as well come up with a new name for the other trims.

• Thanks 1

I still think it looks much better than the outgoing version.  They did also redo the door cards, as those were an area of complaint too.  
Whether these changes will do much for sales remains to be seen.  I think the damage has been done for this model, though.

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Build and price is up. I know we talked about this before but the trims just seem weird to me. Why is there even a base trim? It’s only 1k cheaper than the active which looks almost identical minus a very small amount of trim pieces. 

Most likely for fleet sales, though you’d think they would just break that out someplace else. 

24 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Most likely for fleet sales, though you’d think they would just break that out someplace else. 

As it is, even Active Hybrid is for fleet sales only - you can't order one otherwise.  Either have to get one of the ST-Line options or Platinum, unless you go PHEV (which somehow needs to be its own trim).

Though, they did say they're looking to push ST-Line to 50% of sales, didn't they?

4 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

To be fair, all cars do this when you put the key in the ignition, but don't start it. My guess is the marketing team wanted some shots of the new displays lit up under studio lighting, but didn't want to have to choke down fumes in an indoor setting.

26 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

To be fair, all cars do this when you put the key in the ignition, but don't start it. My guess is the marketing team wanted some shots of the new displays lit up under studio lighting, but didn't want to have to choke down fumes in an indoor setting.

It's a Plug-In Hybrid, that's plugged in, in a big, open studio space.  Ventilation shouldn't be a problem.

Source for those photos: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-ford-escape-first-look-review

Edited by j2sys
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Then you photoshop it out, the fact these are official photos with that error showing is almost fire able. Their marketing team is a disaster, and the whatever this launch is horrid. Maybe they need to bring people back into the office on a more regular basis to make sure these things don't get missed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Then you photoshop it out, the fact these are official photos with that error showing is almost fire able. Their marketing team is a disaster, and the whatever this launch is horrid. Maybe they need to bring people back into the office on a more regular basis to make sure these things don't get missed. 

The MotorTrend article (see my previous post) credits their own photographer.

The Escapes - at least one PHEV and one ST-Line - were sitting there for hours while various members of the media climbed all over them and photographed them.  These aren't (all) from a press release, from Ford Marketing.

To Ford’s credit, it managed to make 19,665 Escapes last month along with 3,940 Corsairs, that shows us that when supplies are available, Ford intends to make plenty of Escapes, whether they were back orders or no is not known. Escape’s  low inventory is driving demand but plenty of people still want them.

• Like 2

Someone had made remarks that Ford was going back to a shifter lever instead of the dial wheel.  I see that didn't happen.

I drove a company fleet Explorer last week with the dial.  I didn't mind it.  I adapted quickly.  Doesn't take up as much space, so I like it.

• Like 1