Maverick HIGH Demand for Hybrids?

LSchicago

Ford has said they can only build 35% of the years production available as Hybrids. Ford has now cut off ordering, and dealers and forum polls are showing about 80% of all orders received are for Hybrids. How will Ford ever catch up with demand? Or are we just going to have to order year after year in hopes of getting one? Many people didn't receive their 2022 Hybrid orders for this year, and I ordered a 2023. I have no idea whether Ford will build it or not. 

2 hours ago, LSchicago said:

Ford has said they can only build 35% of the years production available as Hybrids. Ford has now cut off ordering, and dealers and forum polls are showing about 80% of all orders received are for Hybrids. How will Ford ever catch up with demand? Or are we just going to have to order year after year in hopes of getting one? Many people didn't receive their 2022 Hybrid orders for this year, and I ordered a 2023. I have no idea whether Ford will build it or not. 

I can understand the doubts, frustration, etc. especially since Ford notified Dealers only yesterday that the cutoff for 2023MY Maverick Retail Orders was pulled forward from 10/31/2022 to yesterday (09/20/2022). It certainly seems like a dirty trick timing wise to pull forward the cutoff date to yesterday with so little, if any time, for either Dealers or retail customers to learn of the change or have time to react to it. 

It raises a lot of questions about how Ford will meet the demand for 2023MY Maverick orders with the hybrid powertrain. Unfortunately, Ford won't answer that question or provide any information to its Dealers or customers.  

• Sad 2

• ice-capades changed the title to Maverick HIGH Demand for Hybrids?
1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I can understand the doubts, frustration, etc. especially since Ford notified Dealers only yesterday that the cutoff for 2023MY Maverick Retail Orders was pulled forward from 10/31/2022 to yesterday (09/20/2022). It certainly seems like a dirty trick timing wise to pull forward the cutoff date to yesterday with so little, if any time, for either Dealers or retail customers to learn of the change or have time to react to it. 

It raises a lot of questions about how Ford will meet the demand for 2023MY Maverick orders with the hybrid powertrain. Unfortunately, Ford won't answer that question or provide any information to its Dealers or customers.  

I only hope they figure out how to get supplies to build more. They grossly underestimated the hybrid demand. And so far, have done nothing to help for 2023 that I can see. 

Edited by LSchicago

On 9/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, LSchicago said:

If I am trying to be optimistic about it, my hope is that they saw the amount of orders that were coming in and closed it sooner in order to guarantee as many orders as possible. I know that's a little too optimistic and I don't really believe that myself, but you never know.

1 hour ago, TheQuixotic1 said:

If I am trying to be optimistic about it, my hope is that they saw the amount of orders that were coming in and closed it sooner in order to guarantee as many orders as possible. I know that's a little too optimistic and I don't really believe that myself, but you never know.

We all thought the order banks would be open for 2-3 months at least. Glad I ordered on the 3rd day. 

Sorry, I posted the following in the ordering guide thread on accident. Topically I think it belongs here instead.

If this commodity list is accurate, does this mean that almost all of the Lariats made will have the Lariat Luxury Package? Or is the package percentage calculated from the trim allocation percentage? 

Option A.) LLP is 25% of total Maverick production. So of 100 Mavs made, 25 will Lariat with LLP.
Option B.) LLP is 25% of the Lariat production. So of 100 Mavs made, 25 will be Lariat and ~7 will be Lariat with LLP.

1663359418844.png

48 minutes ago, TheQuixotic1 said:

Sorry, I posted the following in the ordering guide thread on accident. Topically I think it belongs here instead.

If this commodity list is accurate, does this mean that almost all of the Lariats made will have the Lariat Luxury Package? Or is the package percentage calculated from the trim allocation percentage? 

Option A.) LLP is 25% of total Maverick production. So of 100 Mavs made, 25 will Lariat with LLP.
Option B.) LLP is 25% of the Lariat production. So of 100 Mavs made, 25 will be Lariat and ~7 will be Lariat with LLP.

1663359418844.png

I would expect the 25% estimate for the Lariat Luxury Package to be 25% of total Lariat production only since the package is only available on a Lariat Trim Series. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I would expect the 25% estimate for the Lariat Luxury Package to be 25% of total Lariat production only since the package is only available on a Lariat Trim Series. 

I was afraid that would be the case. I was hoping it would be Option A as it seems like people wouldn't want to bother ordering a Lariat without the LLP and Ford wouldn't want Lariats going to the floor without the LLP either from a branding and profit standpoint. If production stays just over 60k then that's about 16k Lariats total and only 4k Lariats with the LLP. If we don't know for certain then I will keep my fingers crossed that it is still Option A.

Does anyone know how many 2023 Maverick orders were placed, and what percentage were Hybrid/EB? The Mavericktruckclub forum poll shows 71-72% of members ordered the hybrid. With total builds of hybrids limited to just 35%, I'm just wondering if I have half a chance at actually seeing the Mav Hybrid I ordered. Did Ford accept a full year worth of orders (100,000+) or just 50,000 now?