Factory Screw-up

RobN

Ordered the '22 Navigator 4x4 Reserve on 5/25; built on 8/12; accepted delivery on 9/16.  One of the options I ordered was the 2nd row capt chairs with the console.  Upon acceptance, I went over our order sheet and indeed, the 2nd row console was ordered.  However, it came with capt chairs and the pass-thru-no console.  The factory clearly screwed up.  Now, I'm technically not out any money since either option was the same price.  And the console requires floorboard wiring that mine doesn't have, so can't "after-market" it.  The dealership cut me $1,500 discount for the screwup, which I appreciated, but I wonder if there's anyone out there that has experienced a screw up from the factory.  

5 hours ago, RobN said:

Ordered the '22 Navigator 4x4 Reserve on 5/25; built on 8/12; accepted delivery on 9/16.  One of the options I ordered was the 2nd row capt chairs with the console.  Upon acceptance, I went over our order sheet and indeed, the 2nd row console was ordered.  However, it came with capt chairs and the pass-thru-no console.  The factory clearly screwed up.  Now, I'm technically not out any money since either option was the same price.  And the console requires floorboard wiring that mine doesn't have, so can't "after-market" it.  The dealership cut me $1,500 discount for the screwup, which I appreciated, but I wonder if there's anyone out there that has experienced a screw up from the factory.  

Hi RobN and welcome to the Blue Oval Forums. Due to the pandemic induced parts and commodity shortages, the deluxe center console was not available for some time, and was being deleted at the factory and unavailable to order for some time. Just guessing, but perhaps your order was placed and accepted before that occurred.

However, someone dropped the ball, because you should have been notified of the unavailable feature in your order and given the choice to reorder later, etc. 

I hope the Dealer reps told you about this before you purchased? Or did you discover this on your own afterwards? That would have been unacceptable.

Although it was a mistake/oversight which should not have happened, you made out pretty good by getting a $1,500 discount though.

Hope it does not take away from your enjoyment, and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply and info!  Good stuff!  As I opened up the back door, I immediately noticed and questioned my sales guy.  He was clueless about it all.  A little more background….

I completed the order on Lincoln’s website, had the dealership call me to firm up the order and away it went for the wait.  The initial salesperson was a new lady that was obviously being trained while we were on the phone.  During the call, I realized that I neglected to include the towing package on the original online order so during our call, she reassured me it was added.  Guess what WASN’T ordered?  So I saved $2,600.  Anyways, about a month after the order was placed, I was contacted by the dealership and was introduced to a new sales guy as the previous lady had left.  Did my stuff slip through the cracks?  Who knows.  I’m really looking forward to getting in the car. After we took delivery I drove it straight over to a wrap place to get a full body wrap done.  So the waiting has been painful.

• 2 weeks later...

This is precisely why I always have my customer come into the dealership to go over, point by point, their order. It can easily uncover errors or omissions and and will alert us to any factory changes, for example the deletion of this customer's console. The Lincoln.com website is  not the easiest to navigate for those who are not familiar with it. Plus, I always have the order guide handy to verify everything which the customer can then sign off on in my presence. Makes me wonder how the manufacturers pushing for "ORDER IT FROM HOME AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU" can avoid these kinds of errors. Just my opinion.

39 minutes ago, exploder48 said:

This is precisely why I always have my customer come into the dealership to go over, point by point, their order. It can easily uncover errors or omissions and and will alert us to any factory changes, for example the deletion of this customer's console. The Lincoln.com website is  not the easiest to navigate for those who are not familiar with it. Plus, I always have the order guide handy to verify everything which the customer can then sign off on in my presence. Makes me wonder how the manufacturers pushing for "ORDER IT FROM HOME AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU" can avoid these kinds of errors. Just my opinion.

Teslas only have a few options.  

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, bbf2530 said:

Hi RobN and welcome to the Blue Oval Forums. Due to the pandemic induced parts and commodity shortages, the deluxe center console was not available for some time, and was being deleted at the factory and unavailable to order for some time.

I can’t believe I have to point this out, but the issue was not a pandemic. The issue was baseless governmental tyranny. I am a medical doctor so I realize I have the advantage of understanding medical related issues, but this should be clear to everyone. We have all had our rights trampled upon and governments blamed a virus with a tiny mortality rate as the cause. They referred to the situation as a pandemic not based on how deadly the virus was [the traditional measure] but based on case count. That’s right, case count. And what’s the problem with case count? There is still not an actual diagnostic test for the virus. The tests used look for antibodies or antigens - but the tests cannot differentiate between strains, other rhinoviruses, or influenza. The tests also cannot differentiate between live and dead matter [meaning what is infectious or not infectious]. Point being, the issue was neither the virus or a “pandemic”. Allowing the lie to perpetuate only makes it bigger and history false. This is not a political issue for me but rather a truth issue.

Edited by Champs
  • Haha 3

On 9/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, RobN said:

Hi RobN and welcome to the Blue Oval Forums. Due to the pandemic induced parts and commodity shortages, the deluxe center console was not available for some time, and was being deleted at the factory and unavailable to order for some time. Just guessing, but perhaps your order was placed and accepted before that occurred.

However, someone dropped the ball, because you should have been notified of the unavailable feature in your order and given the choice to reorder later, etc. 

I hope the Dealer reps told you about this before you purchased? Or did you discover this on your own afterwards? That would have been unacceptable.

Although it was a mistake/oversight which should not have happened, you made out pretty good by getting a $1,500 discount though.

Hope it does not take away from your enjoyment, and good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champs said:

I can’t believe I have to point this out, but the issue was not a pandemic. The issue was baseless governmental tyranny. I am a medical doctor so I realize I have the advantage of understanding medical related issues, but this should be clear to everyone. We have all had our rights trampled upon and governments blamed a virus with a tiny mortality rate as the cause. They referred to the situation as a pandemic not based on how deadly the virus was [the traditional measure] but based on case count. That’s right, case count. And what’s the problem with case count? There is still not an actual diagnostic test for the virus. The tests used look for antibodies or antigens - but the tests cannot differentiate between strains, other rhinoviruses, or influenza. The tests also cannot differentiate between live and dead matter [meaning what is infectious or not infectious]. Point being, the issue was neither the virus or a “pandemic”. Allowing the lie to perpetuate only makes it bigger and history false. This is not a political issue for me but rather a truth issue.

Instead of deleting this I’ll just point out that the reason for the pandemic is irrelevant - the damage to supply chains is real.  And remind you that this isn’t the place for political debate.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

Instead of deleting this I’ll just point out that the reason for the pandemic is irrelevant - the damage to supply chains is real.  And remind you that this isn’t the place for political debate.

Since when are facts and truth political? I specifically stated it was not a political position but one of truth. Politics and political have lost its way and become easy phrases of nothingness. In general, political or politics are two opposing sides that make a case, then work together for the greater good. I have not seen political debate or politics in any fashion for quite some time. In fact I have seen no politicians work for the greater good for decades. I speak the truth against a false narrative crammed down your throats and into your minds. It’s the truth. If you choose to believe lies and propaganda that is your choice, but threatening to censor someone for relaying the truth and then calling the truth political is just another reason things are going downhill in the world. Open your minds. Question everything. I have no skin in the game. I only want to help humanity- yet here you are stating that my factual analysis was political. I would like to know what political gain would occur if people understood the truth, exactly.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

It is likely NOT a factory screw up, but the dealer messed up when inputting the order. On my 2022 Bronco Black Diamond, I wanted the insulated headliner and noticed it was missing on the build sheet. The dealer assured me it would be there since it is "standard" on all hard tops, I pointed out that it is a "no charge" option that must be specified. Needless to say, the Bronco showed up and surprise surprise..no insulated headliner....

It will be installed this week on the dealers dime.

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:06 AM, twintornados said:

It is likely NOT a factory screw up, but the dealer messed up when inputting the order. On my 2022 Bronco Black Diamond, I wanted the insulated headliner and noticed it was missing on the build sheet. The dealer assured me it would be there since it is "standard" on all hard tops, I pointed out that it is a "no charge" option that must be specified. Needless to say, the Bronco showed up and surprise surprise..no insulated headliner....

It will be installed this week on the dealers dime.

Just picked my Bronco up, headliner looks just like factory....a little quieter and stereo sounds richer now that the sound isn't bouncing off bare plastic.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The same problem happened to me. They delivered my vehicle with no center console 22 Reserve. I've been going back and forth with the dealership and they offered me the same $1500 deal OR they will order a truck with the console and do a swap at the local dealership. This seems like a lot of work and it will be done locally at the dealer which I feel opens up more potential for issues. Basically, they are taking apart my brand new 100K vehicle to fix an issue they created. And I'll be without my vehicle while they do the swap. Honestly, $1500 is a smack in the face but the hassle of the swap seems even worse. I just want the vehicle I ordered and would have declined the truck if I knew it was missing. The dealership had me do all my paperwork and THEN they brought me out to the truck, so I didn't know until all paperwork was executed. Doesn't everyone here really think getting this installed outside of the factory is a good idea? Sometimes these techs are hacks and I just don't feel right about it. Appreciate the feedback and glad to be a part of the forum. Hope this is the only issue I have.

I am not so sure it can be added afterwards due to it not being prepped with its wiring harness.  At least that’s what I was told by my dealership.  Anyway, believe it or not, I’ve come to appreciate the pass-thru to the third row as our 8-yo can “wander”!

I had a similar issue. I ordered an Explorer XLT on 12/24/21. Built week of 2/1/22  and sat on a lot until early-May when it went back to the factory to be completed. Delivered on 5/16/22. I ordered a 2nd row bench seat. I received captains chairs. I had to point it out to the dealership. They were apologetic  etc and told me I didn't have to take it and they'd order me another one. And I'd wait another 4-5 months. I took what was delivere, the dealership gave me $500. I then started complaining to ford. Eventually i received the premium maintenance package for 45K miles. I figure it's good for about 9 oil changes, $5-600 bucks.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, RobN said:

I am not so sure it can be added afterwards due to it not being prepped with its wiring harness.  At least that’s what I was told by my dealership.  Anyway, believe it or not, I’ve come to appreciate the pass-thru to the third row as our 8-yo can “wander”!

It can be added. The dealer ordered a "donor" vehicle, it's en route. They need to swap the front console (because of the controls) and add the rear. All to factory specs according to the manager at the dealer. They're also giving me $2000. So it's a win-win for me.