2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

29 minutes ago, es7129 said:

Does anyone know if the PHEV ordering glitched has been resolved?

Also, if the order was placed and the DORA populated as 1.5 ST line does the order need to be fixed manually or should all be good now?

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is now configured correctly to accept all 2023 Escape orders, including the PHEV model. You should contact your Dealer to confirm and document that your order specifications are correct. If your order is for a PHEV model, any documentation identifying it as an ST-Line in incorrect. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is now configured correctly to accept all 2023 Escape orders, including the PHEV model. You should contact your Dealer to confirm and document that your order specifications are correct.

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Is there any “official” Ford language as to when scheduling and builds may start? Have heard rumors of October 20 ish for scheduling to begin and late November for builds

Scheduling and production information is posted in the 2023 Escape Production Information forum. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74088-2023-escape-production-information/

1 hour ago, es7129 said:

Does anyone know if the PHEV ordering glitched has been resolved?

Also, if the order was placed and the DORA populated as 1.5 ST line does the order need to be fixed manually or should all be good now?

My dealer had similar issues, as on Tuesday it showed as a 1.5 ST. On Wednesday by 11:30 (Pacific) it was fixed in WBDO, so it is now accepting PHEV orders.

• Like 1

I find it mind-blowing that the vehicle is mostly able to be ordered yet they still have not officially released it. No AWD on the PHEV means I will probably be keeping my Maverick order in that I submitted on the 16th, but this is just bananas that there has been zero word this entire week on it yet the order bank is open. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Champs said:

I am not a dealer, but I found this:

https://www.thayerbg.com/carresearch/TrimsBuildDealer/make_Ford/year_2023/model_Escape/confid_thayerauto/

Each trim and option is priced. I cannot attest to the accuracy.

Awesome find! From what I read about the PHEV, these prices are spot on. Can’t believe the st line elite is the highest priced trim

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jimsmith94 said:

It looks like they list every model except the PHEV, bummer! ?

They broke PHEV out into its own model.  Start Over at the top left and then choose "2023 Escape Plug-In Hybrid".

Or click this link:  https://www.thayerbg.com/carresearch/TrimsBuildDealer/year_2023/make_Ford/model_Escape Plug-In Hybrid/confid_thayerauto/

The source is https://www.thayerbg.com, or Thayer Ford, a dealer in the Toledo, Ohio, area.  As noted the pricing lines up with what's been seen elsewhere.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, j2sys said:

They broke PHEV out into its own model.  Start Over at the top left and then choose "2023 Escape Plug-In Hybrid".

Or click this link:  https://www.thayerbg.com/carresearch/TrimsBuildDealer/year_2023/make_Ford/model_Escape Plug-In Hybrid/confid_thayerauto/

The source is https://www.thayerbg.com, or Thayer Ford, a dealer in the Toledo, Ohio, area.  As noted the pricing lines up with what's been seen elsewhere.

So I "built" my 22 order using this and it quoted a price about 2000 $ more. But some of the safety options I chose were not available, Does anyone know if they are now automatically included in the base trim or if they were moved to the premium trim?

50 minutes ago, MaryB said:

So I "built" my 22 order using this and it quoted a price about 2000 $ more. But some of the safety options I chose were not available, Does anyone know if they are now automatically included in the base trim or if they were moved to the premium trim?

Which features are you referring to?  You can compare the order guides to see where the features were moved to.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/category/4-escape/&sortby=file_updated&sortdirection=desc

1 hour ago, SandyAgo said:

Are specs available yet for 2023 models?  I'm particularly  interested in external dimensions for the PHEV.  If they've grown much since the 2022 model I'll have to be certain it would fit in my constrained parking space.  

It's just a facelift, not a new model.  The front and rear fascias were redesigned, and the interior saw some upgrades.  Mostly just the decorative plastic pieces with minimal changes to the sheetmetal (that's the stuff that costs more to change).  The dimensions are essentially unchanged.  The same length, width, height.  If a 2020-2022 Escape meets your dimension criteria, a 2023+ will as well.

Just take a look at a couple of comparison photos below.  It's largely the same vehicle on the outside.

2020-2022 Escape:

image.thumb.png.54f9021fb63e1b3249b70167cb48b93e.png

image.thumb.png.008543bbb27c4b81cdbcc931229f4b97.png

Source: https://www.cars.com/articles/2020-ford-escape-6-things-we-like-and-2-things-we-dont-418659/

2023 Escape:

image.png.492089fa8880a6374a937a1909c7f940.png

image.thumb.png.cd1d1e9afa72132170e2f29a1a60bb0d.png

Source: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40300383/2023-ford-escape-spied/

Edited by j2sys

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

It's just a facelift, not a new model.  The front and rear fascias were redesigned, and the interior saw some upgrades.  Mostly just the decorative plastic pieces with minimal changes to the sheetmetal (that's the stuff that costs more to change).  The dimensions are essentially unchanged.  The same length, width, height.  If a 2020-2022 Escape meets your dimension criteria, a 2023+ will as well.

Thank you j2sys!!!  Makes sense and the photos are helpful.   Looks like those side mirrors are the same too.  It's those little things that can get you, but worse case I'll be folding them in a lot.  Off to order very soon!  I like that color.  Is that the Vapor Blue (that in my eyes leans a bit toward green?)

First, much thanks to IceCapades for posting the weekly production schedules. I know it is time-consuming but it is also a real lifeline for those of us still waiting for VINs and build dates.

My question is about the Ford escape production info just posted today. I see that the build dates are the same as those available to be scheduled last week. I assume this means there are not very many spots left to schedule and my hopes for getting my Mar 21 PHEV order this year are almost gone. I am just asking for confirmation of this, and wondering when Ford will roll my order over to a 2023. I see scheduling for 2023 starts on 10/20. Is that when it would happen or do I need to wait longer than that? TY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaryB said:

First, much thanks to IceCapades for posting the weekly production schedules. I know it is time-consuming but it is also a real lifeline for those of us still waiting for VINs and build dates.

My question is about the Ford escape production info just posted today. I see that the build dates are the same as those available to be scheduled last week. I assume this means there are not very many spots left to schedule and my hopes for getting my Mar 21 PHEV order this year are almost gone. I am just asking for confirmation of this, and wondering when Ford will roll my order over to a 2023. I see scheduling for 2023 starts on 10/20. Is that when it would happen or do I need to wait longer than that? TY

The Escape PHEV is always limited availability, but Ford will do everything possible to schedule your 2022 Escape PHEV for production. I'm assuming that you've been in contact with your Dealer regarding your order's priority code, etc. If your order was reprioritized to priority code "02" or even "01" then your order is in the best position to still get scheduled. If your priority code is 10-19, your Dealer has mismanaged your order by not having contacted their Ford Zone Manager earlier to have it prioritized. Other than the priority code, it would be helpful to know if your order, other than being a PHEV, has any applicable commodity restraints. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that provides the current status information. In addition, the most recent AM Scheduling Preview Report provides detailed information on both commodity and plant constraints specific to your order specifications. 

Ford has not yet provided information on how they will address and retail 2022MY orders that can't be scheduled. The usual policy is that Ford does not automatically convert unscheduled retail orders to the following Model Year. However, Ford has been doing that with some vehicle lines and then setting up a process for orders to be reviewed and then reprioritized by the Dealer to allow scheduling. Ford's policies and processes have become a mess of sorts with inconsistency between vehicle lines. And it requires a lot of time at the dealership level to review the latest policies and processes in place to make sure that the right steps are taken to properly manage the retail orders. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Dealers that are either lazy, don't know, can't be bothered or simply incompetent when it comes to properly managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) or communicating with their retail customers and providing the appropriate, accurate information, etc. 

Do not rely just on communicating with your sales representative. You should talk directly with the sales manager or the individual that manages their USOB. Sales representatives are not always experienced or knowledgeable with the retail order process or know and have access to the resources available to provide the information you require. 

Hope this helps! I managed all Stock, Demo. A/Z/X/D Plan, Retail and Fleet orders for my dealership for 35 years so I know the system very well!   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1