2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

22 hours ago, dchan said:

Dang.. they just announced about a 6 week push back on production. Now mid-December..

That wait was the nail in the coffin for my 2022 order that my dealer finally told me would definitely roll over to 2023 and was still waiting for parts. I was depending on the tax credit plus discounts to make it affordable and what I would get was all up in the air. In the meantime, I discovered the Kia Niro. Smaller but the same fuel efficiency but about 10,000$ cheaper. I bought one with the same options as my ford order yesterday. I would have stayed for the Ford if I had any timeline for getting it and more information about what tax credits and price protections. But I lost faith in the process and am so glad to be out of it. My Dealer essentially treated me like a mushroom.

Looking forward to picking up my Kia in about 2 weeks. Anyone in Florida who is looking for a retail PHEV check with the Ford dealer in Ocala. A blue SEL with the Moonroof and tow package. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the best info I could get anywhere and especially IceCapades whose production posts are gems that are often quoted on the other two forums I have used to try and figure out what was going on. Good luck to all of you and I hope you get your dream cars!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MaryB said:

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the best info I could get anywhere and especially IceCapades whose production posts are gems that are often quoted on the other two forums I have used to try and figure out what was going on. Good luck to all of you and I hope you get your dream cars!

I came back to the forum to find out more information on a new '23 Escape plug-in. It was pleasant to still see IceCapades is still posting the needed information and he is the best. I wanted the tax break this year also but I will keep my order I put in on 9/19/22 for next year and wait for a '23 Escape Plug-in. This will be my 5th Ford hybrid and 3rd plug-in with the eCVT and it keeps getting better. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GaryG said:

I came back to the forum to find out more information on a new '23 Escape plug-in. It was pleasant to still see IceCapades is still posting the needed information and he is the best. I wanted the tax break this year also but I will keep my order I put in on 9/19/22 for next year and wait for a '23 Escape Plug-in. This will be my 5th Ford hybrid and 3rd plug-in with the eCVT and it keeps getting better. 

Just a quick note to say thank you for posting your appreciation of the information that I contribute. On behalf of myself and the other moderators, such posts are the only recognition that we receive for the time that we spend sharing information, advice, etc. to assist members of the Ford community.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaryB said:

I just posted this reply to another BON Member's members posting and though it only proper to share it directly with you also...

Just a quick note to say thank you for posting your appreciation of the information that I contribute. On behalf of myself and the other moderators, such posts are the only recognition that we receive for the time that we spend sharing information, advice, etc. to assist members of the Ford community.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You keep my salesman on their toes when I tell them information you give me and it keeps them honest. Everything you post I can take it to the bank and is very much appreciated. I have the best salesman and that's how he makes a living. The information you provide keeps him selling cars and trucks and me from interrupting his job. Thank you for being here and providing information I get from your post.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Is this confirmed?

Yes, per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) released on Friday. The full timetable is available at the 2023 Escape Production Information forum at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74088-2023-escape-production-information/

Th same information was also released at the FordAuthority.com site. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Yes, per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) released on Friday. The full timetable is available at the 2023 Escape Production Information forum at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74088-2023-escape-production-information/

Do you have any info on when Ford is going to officially release the 2023 Escape on their website?

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks Ice, I wasn't trying to suggest it wasn't legit, just hadn't seen it elsewhere yet. A real bummer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well i can at least say ford sent me an order confirmation email for my 2023 escape plug in hybrid, now is the fun part on waiting until the next phase, I was expecting not to get it until march or later next year, and by then i should have a lot more trade in value on my 2019 f150xlt 4x4,

i will update whenever i get a status change, but we will see, my plug in has every option including the panoramic roof, so i loaded it up with everything except the first aid kit and front license plate.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 8:28 PM, mudduck454 said:

Well i can at least say ford sent me an order confirmation email for my 2023 escape plug in hybrid, now is the fun part on waiting until the next phase, I was expecting not to get it until march or later next year, and by then i should have a lot more trade in value on my 2019 f150xlt 4x4,

i will update whenever i get a status change, but we will see, my plug in has every option including the panoramic roof, so i loaded it up with everything except the first aid kit and front license plate.

I didn't get the e-mail but the salesman gave me a copy of my order with a priority 19. I ordered the premium PHEV, Star White, and tow, and crossbars. MSRP is at $46310.00 so far so I hope we get the tax credit of $6840.

1 hour ago, GaryG said:

I didn't get the e-mail but the salesman gave me a copy of my order with a priority 19. I ordered the premium PHEV, Star White, and tow, and crossbars. MSRP is at $46310.00 so far so I hope we get the tax credit of $6840.

I ordered almost the same thing and did get the email from Ford. They're not scheduled to start production until 12/12, so I doubt we'll get them before the end of the year. I've already conditioned myself that I'll get $3,750 next year but will be  even happier if they meet the battery conditions so I can get the full $7,500.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Escape17 said:

When you look at Vapor blue on all of the spy photos, it looks nothing like the Vapor blue on the 2023 Build site @ ford.com

I wonder what the real color will look like?>

One is dark, and one is lighter.

These aren’t spy shots but actual photos from Fords press release last week. I think the build and price rendering shows much darker than real world.

B5B93116-42FC-4689-A588-5EF4DC76D3E1.jpeg

B049D9E3-ED15-4A21-A95C-E7142673C5EC.jpeg

44 minutes ago, chaddy0122 said:

Yes Vapor blue has that feel of the popular "grey" colors that you find on Kia's and Hondas in the photos.  This definitely has a more blueish hue to it, but the website build pics look nothing like the real world pics. 

I have a 2022 Cactus Gray Ranger and it’s the same situation. Change’s color depending on lighting. Also the website for that color isn’t close either. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:04 AM, chaddy0122 said:

Yes Vapor blue has that feel of the popular "grey" colors that you find on Kia's and Hondas in the photos.  This definitely has a more blueish hue to it, but the website build pics look nothing like the real world pics. 

Ford's color of that grey is called "area 51" I think but it's not offered yet on the '23 Escape Plug-in. I didn't care for Ford's shade anyway but I like the Kia's.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, Stevedbvik1 said:

Tomorrow ( Thursday) is the start of scheduling for 2023 Escapes. Scheduling for the weeks of 12/12 and 12/19. Got my fingers crossed ? 

Did you get an order date? I ordered an ST Line Elite Hybrid and I’m probably going to be waiting a long time for it. If I switched it to a Non Hybrid Model do you think that will be built faster?