2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

8 hours ago, Cubs90 said:

Did you get an order date? I ordered an ST Line Elite Hybrid and I’m probably going to be waiting a long time for it. If I switched it to a Non Hybrid Model do you think that will be built faster?

We did not get scheduled this week. We have the PHEV on order so we may be waiting longer than you. I have no idea what switching your order will do or not do. 

I'm a little lost... I still have an unfilled order, placed in Dec. 2021, for a 2022 Escape Titanium PHEV. On Oct. 3rd, I got the "supply chain delays" email from Ford that claimed they're "working diligently and aggressively to get [me] behind the wheel." But I haven't heard a word about a scheduled build date for the car.

At this point, is 2022 production finished? Have all the outstanding retail orders for 2022s been cancelled, or what's going on? Is there any chance my order will be built? I see lots of BEV Fords on the roads these days, but very few PHEVs... Did Ford build any PHEVs last year?

Will Ford tell me if they cancel my order, or is my dealer tasked with breaking the news? I haven't heard anything from my dealer since Aug. 4th. And then if I have to re-order a 2023, does it go in line behind all the people who've been ordering 2023s since August?

Edited by MrCurvedLimos

50 minutes ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

I'm a little lost... I still have an unfilled order, placed in Dec. 2021, for a 2022 Escape Titanium PHEV. On Oct. 3rd, I got the "supply chain delays" email from Ford that claimed they're "working diligently and aggressively to get [me] behind the wheel." But I haven't heard a word about a scheduled build date for the car.

At this point, is 2022 production finished? Have all the outstanding retail orders for 2022s been cancelled, or what's going on? Is there any chance my order will be built? I see lots of BEV Fords on the roads these days, but very few PHEVs... Did Ford build any PHEVs last year?

Will Ford tell me if they cancel my order, or is my dealer tasked with breaking the news? I haven't heard anything from my dealer since Aug. 4th. And then if I have to re-order a 2023, does it go in line behind all the people who've been ordering 2023s since August?

They are still building 2022’s into the first part of December. If yours didn’t get scheduled then it would be cancelled by Ford and then the dealer would have to re enter it as a 2023. You should get notification of this. Here’s a link to FordVideoGuy’s YouTube that explains price protection and private offers. It might help you. Start’s around 35:00 minutes in. 

Edited by Stevedbvik1

I got the supply chain issues delay email as well yesterday.
Ordered a 23 PHEV with A-plan on 9/22/22, which I understood to be slightly prioritized. Bummed that one of the first PHEV orders with supposedly one of the highest likely priorities still got delayed. Oh well.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, MrCurvedLimos said:

I have a 2022 Escape Titanium order scheduled for production this week. Window sticker has been generated and no signs of cancellation. 

So listening to Tim Bartz’s live YouTube last night and he shared this info. He said that about 20% of 2023 Escape production will be a mix of hybrid and PHEV’s. Roughly 11% PHEV and 8% hybrid. Ford has already taken in double the amount of orders for PHEV’s and 3-4 times the amount of Hybrid orders that they planned to build for 2023. So needless to say it’s a problem. To give you a sense of what the numbers look like based on previous year’s production . Ford roughly builds about 12000 Escapes a month . So about 144000 a year. 11% of that number is 15840. So what they’re saying is that they’ve already in the first month of taking orders they have over 30000 PHEV orders for 2023. So waits will be long and some more than likely won’t get built. 
Here’s the link to what he said ( starts around 48:00 minutes in)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2022 PHEV Titanium on order which did not get scheduled. My dealer is saying I need to re-order as a 2023. I asked about a private offer and they said only orders that were scheduled with a VIN are eligible to receive these. Is that correct?

I’m looking at a cost increase to maintain the same spec and potentially losing the delivery allowance.

Well, I still don't understand this model year roll/cancellation process. I called my dealer last week and asked them to check if there was a private offer. They called me back and confirmed yes, there was a private offer of $2000 that needs to be used by Nov. 30th. The same day I made the call to my dealer, I got another one of the "supply chain delays" emails from Ford, claiming that they're working hard to get me behind the wheel.

So I went ahead and placed an order for a 2023 Escape PHEV Premium. I just got the order confirmation email from Ford a couple hours ago. But how was I supposed to know that my 2022 order wasn't being produced? The private offer would've expired before I ever heard about it! If I hadn't been following along here on the forums, I wouldn't have had a clue. Is it my dealer's responsibility to pass this info along?

On 11/19/2022 at 8:57 PM, MarkK said:

I have a 2022 PHEV Titanium on order which did not get scheduled. My dealer is saying I need to re-order as a 2023. I asked about a private offer and they said only orders that were scheduled with a VIN are eligible to receive these. Is that correct?

Stupid dealer.  All COVP orders are eligible.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay?  I attempted to order my Platinum AWD escape hybrid the day the order banks opened.  Had to go through two dealers and 3 sales people to get it done. The order was officially placed on 9/27 

I finally got the email that it has been scheduled. Build date is week of Feb 20th

Fingers crossed!

oh. They have assigned a VIN and there appears to be tracking on the  https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking ?

Edited by dchan
corrected website
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dchan said:

Yay?  I attempted to order my Platinum AWD escape hybrid the day the order banks opened.  Had to go through two dealers and 3 sales people to get it done. The order was officially placed on 9/27 

I finally got the email that it has been scheduled. Build date is week of Feb 20th

Fingers crossed!

oh. They have assigned a VIN and there appears to be tracking on the  sale.ford.com website!?

Congratulations! Mine hasn't been scheduled but your link doesn't work and I'd like to bookmark it for when mine does get scheduled.

I've passed the 1 year mark, waiting for a '22 Escape Titanium PHEV. It's since been converted to an order for a '23 Escape PHEV Premium. So much for priority code 02... My order is back to PC 10, and my dealer tells me all three retail orders they had for '22 Escape PHEVs last year were converted to orders for '23s.

I'm going to guess that a lot has to do with your configuration.

There may be one or two items that they can't procure for some reason. (could be a very specific part to a very specific feature ordered)

PHEV would have a different engine for instance. FWD may have components that are supply chain restricted where the AWD version may use different components.

Also I wonder how many of the "ST" and "Active" components and parts still need to be tooled up since those are some changes that didn't exist before 2023 and thus causing some delays.

For the Record

U9J0 ESCAPE 4DR PLATINUM AWD
106.7" WHEELBASE
VAPOR BLUE METALLIC
LEATHER-TRIMMED SEATS
SPACE GRAY
EQUIPMENT GROUP 600A
2.5L I-VCT ATK I-4 HYB ENG
ECVT TRANSMISSION
225/55R19 99H A/S BSW TIRES
CV LOT MANAGEMENT
PANORAMIC VISTA ROOF
CLASS II TRAILER TOW PACKAGE
19" MACH DARK TARN ALUM WHEEL
PREMIUM TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
ACTIVE PARK ASSIST 2.0
HEAD-UP DISPLAY

The PHEV Premium order looks like this.  We added the cargo shade and the trailer hitch.

U0E0 ESCAPE 4DR PHEV FWD

106.7" WHEELBASE

ATLAS BLUE METALLIC

LEATHER-TRIMMED SEATS

SPACE GRAY

EQUIPMENT GROUP 700A

18" MACHINED MAGNETIC ALUM WHL

2.5L I-VCT ATK I-4 HYB ENG

ECVT TRANSMISSION

225/60R18 100H A/S BSW TIRES

PHEV PREMIUM PACKAGE

REVERSE BRAKE ASSIST