2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

42 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I just don’t answer then block the numbers

It's not that big of a deal.  Unknown callers go straight to voicemail where they can be blocked.  They do keep sending snail mail that goes right in the shredder...

If Ford can build an Escape except for the Sirius XM module, do they simply build the car and put the feature delete code on the order?

If you explicitly change your order to include a delete code (is that possible?), does Ford prioritize building your car over orders that don't mention the delete code explicitly, when they're out of that module?  Or is changing your order pointless, because Ford doesn't pay attention to delete codes on an order?

Every time I ask my dealer, he says he doesn't know of any commodity restrictions on the Escape.  What are all of the current delete codes known for the 2023 Escape?

Edited by MrCurvedLimos

37 minutes ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

If Ford can build an Escape except for the Sirius XM module, do they simply build the car and put the feature delete code on the order?

If you explicitly change your order to include a delete code (is that possible?), does Ford prioritize building your car over orders that don't mention the delete code explicitly, when they're out of that module?  Or is changing your order pointless, because Ford doesn't pay attention to delete codes on an order?

Every time I ask my dealer, he says he doesn't know of any commodity restrictions on the Escape.  What are all of the current delete codes known for the 2023 Escape?

Generally, the way that these feature deletes have worked is that it's really just a change at the factory in terms of which parts they put into the vehicles rolling down the line.  It's only implemented if/when they run out of the relevant parts.  No change is made on the order by the dealer.

For instance, my 2022 Escape has a feature delete - "HANDS-FREE L/G FEATURE DELETE" per the window sticker.  This means that it does not have the hands-free/foot-activated lift gate feature that was supposed to be included in the SEL Technology Package.  This was a feature that I was looking forward to, but unfortunately there was no way around this.

Same thing has happened with various models for the Wi-Fi hotspot feature - they simply started building everything at that plant with a Telematics Control Unit that lacks that feature.

It's not typically something where you can opt to wait until the feature becomes available for them to build your vehicle.  And they're not going to park your vehicle while they wait for parts to add back the feature if yours is subject to a feature delete.

Put quite simply, if Ford implements the SXM feature delete, expect it to be a change at the factory where they switch to only putting in Sync 4 systems without SXM.  And there will be no option to have them hold off on building your vehicle until they receive more units with SXM.  You'll find out if it's scheduled to have SXM when you get the window sticker.

Basically, yes, if they can build the vehicle other than SXM, they will build it without SXM.  It will then be shipped to the dealer as built.

Edited by j2sys

You will likely get scheduled sooner if there is a option to remove some feature prior to Ford mandating it’s removal. Orders that don’t get the removal will hang in limbo until Ford either makes it a forced removal or supply issue is resolved. Both of those scenarios will delay scheduling. If Ford sees that your order is clean ( option removed) then you stand to be scheduled much sooner.  As far I know the only removal as of now is the SXM. There maybe something going on with B&O sound also. We did not have B&O on our order so no way to confirm that. 

• Like 1

I called my dealer and asked about the Sirius XM delete.  According to him, adding the SXM delete to an order involves changing from "Tech Pack 2" to "Tech Pack 1".

That means:

10-speaker Bang & Olufsen stereo -> regular non-B&O stereo

10-way adjustable power driver's seat -> 8-way adjustable power driver's seat

Gray leather interior -> Gray cloth, vinyl trimmed interior.

I'm not too surprised about the B&O stereo system, but the rest is a head scratcher.  And as I'm looking at Tech Pack 2, it seems to include more stuff than just the 3 items my dealer outlined.  Does anyone know all the differences between TP-2 and TP-1?  Or if the delete creates some weird hybrid between TP2 and TP1?  Is there a better way to look up details like this, other than playing with Ford's "Build & Price" website?  I'd like to be confident I know the full scope of changes before agreeing to this.

Edited by MrCurvedLimos

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

I called my dealer and asked about the Sirius XM delete.  According to him, adding the SXM delete to an order involves changing from "Tech Pack 2" to "Tech Pack 1".

That means:

10-speaker Bang & Olufsen stereo -> regular non-B&O stereo

10-way adjustable power driver's seat -> 8-way adjustable power driver's seat

Gray leather interior -> Gray cloth, vinyl trimmed interior.

I'm not too surprised about the B&O stereo system, but the rest is a head scratcher.  And as I'm looking at Tech Pack 2, it seems to include more stuff than just the 3 items my dealer outlined.  Does anyone know all the differences between TP-2 and TP-1?  Is there a better way to look up details like this, other than playing with Ford's "Build & Price" website?  I'd like to be confident I know the full scope of changes before agreeing to this.

Isn't yours a PHEV with Premium Package?  Tech Pack 1 & 2 only apply to Active, ST-Line Select.  (The complexity of this trim lineup is unnecessarily, absurdly complex.)

Looks like everything but the Base trim comes with SXM.  So there are 4 Sync 4 systems - Sync 4 8" no SXM (Base only), 8" SXM (standard on Active thru ST-Line Select), 13.2" SXM (standard on ST-Line Elite, Platinum, PHEV; optional on Active thru ST-Line Select), and 13.2" SXM HD Radio (optional).  Not really sure how changing Tech Packs would make any difference with the SXM feature.  Either one contains the same exact 13.2" Sync 4 Sirius XM system, the difference is that Tech Pack 2 has HD Radio.

Per the order guide, here are those two Tech Packs in detail:

image.thumb.png.41b179dcc8a6d4a20e9711ef244cfb8d.png

And here's PHEV Premium:

image.thumb.png.546de8e8c3fb8eea507ce0071db311ca.png

Edited by j2sys

• 2 weeks later...

Received the good news that DW's Escape PHEV made the AM preview reports this morning, so if all goes well we may get a call from our Sales Manager with a VIN and build week tomorrow evening or Thursday.

2023 PHEV Atlas Blue, with premium package, vista roof and floor mats. Order submitted 2 days after the order bank opened. Originally priority 19, now at priority 2.

Unfortunately no guarantee of getting a VIN this week, as my F-450 previewed 3 or 4 times before I finally got scheduled, about 3 months after first being previewed.

• Like 1

Dang, I just got an email telling me they changed my production date to week of Feb 27. (delay of one week) But I guess in the big picture, at least I have a VIN and a scheduled build week.

Platinum Hybrid AWD with Tow package and panoramic sky

On 1/17/2023 at 1:42 PM, Rangers09 said:

Received the good news that DW's Escape PHEV made the AM preview reports this morning, so if all goes well we may get a call from our Sales Manager with a VIN and build week tomorrow evening or Thursday.

2023 PHEV Atlas Blue, with premium package, vista roof and floor mats. Order submitted 2 days after the order bank opened. Originally priority 19, now at priority 2.

Unfortunately no guarantee of getting a VIN this week, as my F-450 previewed 3 or 4 times before I finally got scheduled, about 3 months after first being previewed.

Does the preview report come to the buyer as an email from Ford or does it only go to the dealer and they call you with the details?

1 hour ago, chaddy0122 said:

Woo hoo, I just got email stating my Escape Hybrid ST-Line Select has a planned start date of March 13th.

Congratulations! Just curious how many Escapes have been scheduled. Without being specific what number range are your last 6 numbers of your VIN that they gave you today?

I guess I was lucky.  My Escape PHEV was scheduled today with a build week of March 6.  My build had the following options and I did not change anything from the initial order. 

• Vapor Blue Metallic
  • PHEV Premium Package
  • Floor Liners, Front and Rear (Without Carpet Mats)
  • Class II Trailer Tow Package

I placed my order on September 21st, 2022 at a dealership in the Detroit area that last year sold ~4200 vehicles.

Mine VIN was in the range of 1FMCU0E14PUA28XXX

Edited by TJJ707
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, jimsmith94 said:

Does the preview report come to the buyer as an email from Ford or does it only go to the dealer and they call you with the details?

I don't get any communications directly from Ford and frankly don't need any info from them. I purchased from the dealer, who is responsible for keeping me updated. The AM Preview reports are only available to the dealer. When it is previewing and when it gets a VIN, the dealer calls or sends an email. Once the vehicle has a VIN, I receive weekly progress updates.

28 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I don't get any communications directly from Ford and frankly don't need any info from them. I purchased from the dealer, who is responsible for keeping me updated. The AM Preview reports are only available to the dealer. When it is previewing and when it gets a VIN, the dealer calls or sends an email. Once the vehicle has a VIN, I receive weekly progress updates.

Did you get scheduled today?

26 minutes ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Did you get scheduled today?

Unfortunately my Sales Manager is down with the 'flu and on days off today. While he normally checks for updates on his days off, I haven't heard anything from him this morning. I will probably check in with him Saturday or Sunday, if he is back to work. 

Last week it was constrained by materials (possibly battery since it's a PHEV), so hoping we got lucky and got scheduled at the first preview. Will update once I know.

• Like 1

got my scheduling email today

Week of March 20th

Vin A311**

Ordered December 28

ST Elite Hybrid

Vapor blue

Block heater

Panoramic roof

Floor liners

19" Ebony painted Alum wheels

Premium Technology Package

45,005 MSRP

Dealer is discounting about 1500 because i am a 20 year customer

I was shocked i was scheduled so fast with a Hybrid

My dealer must have a good allocation'

• Like 2

14 hours ago, escape20 said:

got my scheduling email today

Week of March 20th

Vin A311**

Ordered December 28

ST Elite Hybrid

Vapor blue

Block heater

Panoramic roof

Floor liners

19" Ebony painted Alum wheels

Premium Technology Package

45,005 MSRP

Dealer is discounting about 1500 because i am a 20 year customer

I was shocked i was scheduled so fast with a Hybrid

My dealer must have a good allocation'

Yeah, I was surprised to the email yesterday too.  With the amount of pre-orders I thought no way I would see a MY 23 Escape Hybrid.  

I just called my dealer, and he informed me there's a build week and a VIN in the system for my Escape PHEV Premium now!  March 13th is the target.  He seemed surprised; he wasn't aware of it yet.  "It must have just happened," he said.  Mine was ordered Dec. 14th, 2021, and re-ordered on Nov. 21, 2022.  VIN A297xx.

Edited by MrCurvedLimos
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

I just called my dealer, and he informed me there's a build week and a VIN in the system for my Escape PHEV Premium now!  March 13th is the target.  He seemed surprised; he wasn't aware of it yet.  "It must have just happened," he said.  Mine was ordered Dec. 14th, 2021, and re-ordered on Nov. 21, 2022.  VIN A297xx.

Scheduling typically happens on Thursday 

• Like 1