2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

On 1/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, MrCurvedLimos said:

I just called my dealer, and he informed me there's a build week and a VIN in the system for my Escape PHEV Premium now!  March 13th is the target.  He seemed surprised; he wasn't aware of it yet.  "It must have just happened," he said.  Mine was ordered Dec. 14th, 2021, and re-ordered on Nov. 21, 2022.  VIN A297xx.

Wow, I'll suggest your dealer needs to be more diligent in managing their order banks, as I have no doubt your order was also previewing earlier in the week, so the dealer should have been aware of the potential of being scheduled as early as Monday/Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Wow, I'll suggest your dealer needs to be more diligent in managing their order banks, as I have no doubt your order was also previewing earlier in the week, so the dealer should have been aware of the potential of being scheduled as early as Monday/Tuesday.

Tim at Long McArthur has mentioned several times where they have had stuff not previewing and then getting scheduled out of the blue and not on a Thursday. Usually a weird order situation like a canceled 2022 rolled to 2023 order.

• Like 1

I chose the dealer based on the fact that, back in December 2021, they were the only one I could find that had an Escape PHEV on the lot. I didn't want to commit to buying a car until I had the opportunity to test drive one. I felt the dealer had good sense, trying to keep one around for people to drive, so I ordered through them. But it's definitely a smaller dealer. I've been wondering if the long delay could be something about dealer allocation because they are smaller?

I've also been wondering if it might be a regional thing? When we were car shopping, we wanted to test drive a RAV4 Prime, too. The Toyota dealers told us they couldn't order them: Toyota had decided not to make them available in the Pacific Northwest for at least a year, and we should check back in 2022 about whether the 23s could be ordered. If we really wanted a 22, we would have to go to California or elsewhere to get it (we investigated, but $$$$).

Maybe Ford was not so explicit, but was actually doing something similar? Maybe they gave dealers in other parts of the country more allocations for PHEVs than the dealers in the PNW? I can say I've seen exactly one RAV4 Prime on the roads, and zero Escape PHEVs or Corsair GTs.  Meanwhile, new gas-powered RAV4s, Escapes, and Corsairs are commonly seen.

In 2015 when we suddenly needed a new car, we went looking for a PHEV, and we had a choice of several C-Max and Fusion PHEVs on Ford lots around Seattle. But in 2021, it was difficult to find any, of any make or model. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things are moving now that we know a VIN, and this will work out in a timely fashion from here.

5 hours ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Tim at Long McArthur has mentioned several times where they have had stuff not previewing and then getting scheduled out of the blue and not on a Thursday. Usually a weird order situation like a canceled 2022 rolled to 2023 order.

While waiting for my F-450 to be scheduled, when they had a big scheduling week, we started to see orders being scheduled from Tuesday morning of that week. If I remember correctly my F-450 was a Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

I chose the dealer based on the fact that, back in December 2021, they were the only one I could find that had an Escape PHEV on the lot. I didn't want to commit to buying a car until I had the opportunity to test drive one. I felt the dealer had good sense, trying to keep one around for people to drive, so I ordered through them. But it's definitely a smaller dealer. I've been wondering if the long delay could be something about dealer allocation because they are smaller?

I've also been wondering if it might be a regional thing? When we were car shopping, we wanted to test drive a RAV4 Prime, too. The Toyota dealers told us they couldn't order them: Toyota had decided not to make them available in the Pacific Northwest for at least a year, and we should check back in 2022 about whether the 23s could be ordered. If we really wanted a 22, we would have to go to California or elsewhere to get it (we investigated, but $$$$).

Maybe Ford was not so explicit, but was actually doing something similar? Maybe they gave dealers in other parts of the country more allocations for PHEVs than the dealers in the PNW? I can say I've seen exactly one RAV4 Prime on the roads, and zero Escape PHEVs or Corsair GTs.  Meanwhile, new gas-powered RAV4s, Escapes, and Corsairs are commonly seen.

In 2015 when we suddenly needed a new car, we went looking for a PHEV, and we had a choice of several C-Max and Fusion PHEVs on Ford lots around Seattle. But in 2021, it was difficult to find any, of any make or model. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things are moving now that we know a VIN, and this will work out in a timely fashion from here.

Interesting that they are hard to find just south of us, as our dealer in Metro Vancouver has a number of PHEV's. he had a couple on the lot last summer which DW checked out and he has another 2 late 22MY's enroute. Good luck getting built and then shipped out to the Coast.

At present our PHEV shows a build week of 6th March and delivery of 21st to 27th March. Realistically, I expect the build week to slide and hope to see it by mid-April.

Back on Nov 9th (page 3 of this thread), Stevedbvik1 noted that the Escape hybrids and PHEVs were already oversold by 2-4 times what Ford was planning to produce for the entire model year.   So I guess it's not too much of a surprise. 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:21 AM, Stevedbvik1 said:

Listening to Tim Bartz’s live YouTube last night and he shared this info. He said that about 20% of 2023 Escape production will be a mix of hybrid and PHEV’s. Roughly 11% PHEV and 8% hybrid. Ford has already taken in double the amount of orders for PHEV’s and 3-4 times the amount of Hybrid orders that they planned to build for 2023. So needless to say it’s a problem. To give you a sense of what the numbers look like based on previous year’s production . Ford roughly builds about 12000 Escapes a month . So about 144000 a year. 11% of that number is 15840. So what they’re saying is that they’ve already in the first month of taking orders they have over 30000 PHEV orders for 2023. So waits will be long

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 3:17 PM, Stevedbvik1 said:

Congratulations! Just curious how many Escapes have been scheduled. Without being specific what number range are your last 6 numbers of your VIN that they gave you today?

Sorry for the delay, I never saw your response.  My last 6 are A294xx

• Like 1

Posted in different thread, but didn’t get any response so decided to ask here as well.

I have 23 escape active on order. Blend date was 01/09. I think around same date it went into “ in production” status. Now, more than 2 weeks after blend date, it is still showing in production. Is it normal for a car to be that long in “in production” status?

1 hour ago, ssttalker said:

Posted in different thread, but didn’t get any response so decided to ask here as well.

I have 23 escape active on order. Blend date was 01/09. I think around same date it went into “ in production” status. Now, more than 2 weeks after blend date, it is still showing in production. Is it normal for a car to be that long in “in production” status?

1 hour ago, ssttalker said:

It can happen and for several different reasons. What options do you have? Those could be impacting being able move it to built status. Or a chip thing and others 

59 minutes ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

It can happen and for several different reasons. What options do you have? Those could be impacting being able move it to built status. Or a chip thing and others 

It is active trim with awd, no other options. If car like this getting delayed, what is going to happen to more loaded cars…

I mentioned that I got an email saying scheduled date changed from Feb 20 to Feb 27 so pushed one week (so far)

Order preview and confirmation from dealer was 9/27. Email from Ford Sales on Dec 15 (Thursday) was when I received the scheduled date of Feb 20 with a VIN assigned.
On January 17, (Tuesday) I received the updated schedule date of "week of Feb 27"

So far no notifications of needing to cancel/remove any options.

It's a 2023 escape Platinum Hybrid with AWD Last 6 of vin is A248xx

Vapor blue with a sun roof, tow package, Premium tech package. Destination California.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dchan said:

I mentioned that I got an email saying scheduled date changed from Feb 20 to Feb 27 so pushed one week (so far)

Order preview and confirmation from dealer was 9/27. Email from Ford Sales on Dec 15 (Thursday) was when I received the scheduled date of Feb 20 with a VIN assigned.
On January 17, (Tuesday) I received the updated schedule date of "week of Feb 27"

So far no notifications of needing to cancel/remove any options.

It's a 2023 escape Platinum Hybrid with AWD Last 6 of vin is A248xx

Vapor blue with a sun roof, tow package, Premium tech package. Destination California.

I think your destination is the key factor in getting scheduled and built.

4 hours ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

I think your destination is the key factor in getting scheduled and built.

4 hours ago, dchan said:

Wonder if it also has to do with the "status" of the dealer.. Premier status or high volume dealers may get higher priority for scheduling?

I think both of these statements are valid. My dealer apparently sells a lot of pickups but not many Escapes. I asked about their allocation when I ordered my PHEV Platinum and they said theirs is two. I ordered on 9/16 and have only received the sorry for the delay emails so far.

4 hours ago, jimsmith94 said:

I think both of these statements are valid. My dealer apparently sells a lot of pickups but not many Escapes. I asked about their allocation when I ordered my PHEV Platinum and they said theirs is two. I ordered on 9/16 and have only received the sorry for the delay emails so far.

I called Ford Customer Service on Monday to ask about status of our order. They said it’s on material hold. Asked them what material was holding it up. They didn’t have that answer available to them but said that our dealer had access to that information. I fired off an email to the sales manager Monday morning and have not heard anything back. We are due for our 3rd 45 day delay email the end of next week. So we’ll see what email comes first. My money is on the 45 day one. 

1 hour ago, smartguy4932 said:

I'm wondering what is going to be the situation for people who ordered recently.

Will this just be a repeat of last year where if you ordered last week, you wont have the car until next year??

It won’t be as bad as last year because they’ve managed the order banks this year.  But on an individual basis you could still see some long waits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

I called Ford Customer Service on Monday to ask about status of our order. They said it’s on material hold. Asked them what material was holding it up. They didn’t have that answer available to them but said that our dealer had access to that information. I fired off an email to the sales manager Monday morning and have not heard anything back. We are due for our 3rd 45 day delay email the end of next week. So we’ll see what email comes first. My money is on the 45 day one. 

The week prior to being scheduled, our PHEV was on a materials hold and it was the battery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Thanks for sharing that. That makes sense. Did your dealer provide that info or Ford Customer Service?

Got that from my Sales Manager. I don't see a need to call Ford directly, as I'm purchasing from the local dealer, who has all the info readily available.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Got that from my Sales Manager. I don't see a need to call Ford directly, as I'm purchasing from the local dealer, who has all the info readily available.

Thanks. Been waiting 4 days for our sales manager to get back to me. Salesman previously said that they don’t have the info so I’m just trying to  figure out who’s telling the truth. And get an answer. 

14 hours ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Thanks. Been waiting 4 days for our sales manager to get back to me. Salesman previously said that they don’t have the info so I’m just trying to  figure out who’s telling the truth. And get an answer. 

Unfortunately, most of the  salesmen don't know much about the ordering process. Hoping the Sales Manager gets back to you. Good luck.

• Like 1