2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

My 2023 Escape AWD Hybrid that is basically loaded with equipment group 600A and the Premium Technology Package went into production on 1/9 and remained in that status until today when the dealer was notified it is ready to ship. Whatever was holding it up (EPA or NHTSA testing, parts?) has been rectifed and I was able to print out a complete window sticker. Sticker price has gone up to $42,205 on my 2023 from $36,330 on my 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid lease car with only modest content upgrades (Head Up Display, Sync 4 with 13.2" screen, Wireless Charging Pad, Floor Liners).

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 6:26 PM, uucuu3 said:

My 2023 Escape AWD Hybrid that is basically loaded with equipment group 600A and the Premium Technology Package went into production on 1/9 and remained in that status until today when the dealer was notified it is ready to ship. Whatever was holding it up (EPA or NHTSA testing, parts?) has been rectifed and I was able to print out a complete window sticker. Sticker price has gone up to $42,205 on my 2023 from $36,330 on my 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid lease car with only modest content upgrades (Head Up Display, Sync 4 with 13.2" screen, Wireless Charging Pad, Floor Liners).

Has the EPA gas Mileage changed on the Hybrid 23s?

When the weather is nice i can average as high as 43 in every day driving with my 2020. My 2023 Build week is 3/20

• Like 1

the EPA ratings have not changed. the AWD Hybrid is listed as 42(city)/37(highway) mpg with an average of 40MPG.

So much in the hybrid world is very dependent on attention to driving habits. A Hybrid can get so much more MPG if you adjust your driving. don't tromp on the accelerator, and brake.. accelerate with moderation, coast and brake gently to regenerate energy. People need to learn and adapt.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dchan said:

the EPA ratings have not changed. the AWD Hybrid is listed as 42(city)/37(highway) mpg with an average of 40MPG.

So much in the hybrid world is very dependent on attention to driving habits. A Hybrid can get so much more MPG if you adjust your driving. don't tromp on the accelerator, and brake.. accelerate with moderation, coast and brake gently to regenerate energy. People need to learn and adapt.

This!  It makes all the difference in the world to get into EV mode.  Just driving down the road just lift your foot for a second to get the gas to shut off and it's amazing how far you can really go sometimes.  You just have to feather the gas as much as possible and coast as much as possible, really pay attention to upcoming intersections with traffic lights.  If you know you won't make it, coast to regenerate as much as possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddy0122 said:

This!  It makes all the difference in the world to get into EV mode.  Just driving down the road just lift your foot for a second to get the gas to shut off and it's amazing how far you can really go sometimes.  You just have to feather the gas as much as possible and coast as much as possible, really pay attention to upcoming intersections with traffic lights.  If you know you won't make it, coast to regenerate as much as possible.

It is the Ecvt transmission with the one-way-clutch that allows such free coasting. The planetary gear system never shifts and reverse is just the traction motor spinning backwards. I shift to neutral for coasting which eliminates regen charging and the coast is easy to maintain without trying to balance the gas pedal. It has been proven the FEH can get 60 plus mpg or 200% of EPA hypermiling. I got one of the first '05 FEH and the system is still used.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dchan said:

If you look on the EPA Site  its now 41/36/39   down by 1

9 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

On Monday our PHEV still showed week of Mar 6th, but the tracker was updated this morning to show scheduled to Mar 7th. Since the scheduled to week normally is Monday, I assume it is now scheduled to a day.

Yes that is the day they will start production

On 2/8/2023 at 8:24 PM, gbank14 said:

Production week of 2/24 got pushed back to week of 3/1.

@gbank14 That is strange. On 28 January, my Salesman informed me my build was scheduled for 13 March. Then two days ago I went online and saw it has been moved to 1 March. So I'm not really sure if it was moved up or the Salesman got it wrong. But I'm happy. 

42 minutes ago, gbank14 said:

No email notification just looking through the website. 

I would agree with earlier user above that the move date to 3/1 is not a Monday this time so hopefully is the last move and reflects the true build date. 

I went to the tracker again last night and the Build Date was changed from 3/1 to 3/2. Not sure why the change of a day.

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

On Jan 20 my dealer told me my Escape is listed in his tracking system with a build week of March 13, and I confirmed on Tuesday that that's still true. 

No scheduled build week has ever shown up on the vehicle order tracking webpage, however. 

@MrCurvedLimos Mine was the same. The salesman advised me via email the Build Date was 3/13. I went to the Tracker and nothing was there, just the Confirmation. Then when I went back a few days later it showed the Build date was 3/1. But last night it was changed again to 3/2.

Not sure what's going on at Ford Production Facility. The Tracker has the Build for my 2023 Escape ST-Line Elite Hybrid (NOT PHEV).

The salesman advised me on 1/28 via email the Build Date was 3/13.

I went to the Tracker that day and nothing was there, just the Confirmation date 12/29/22 

Then when I went back on 2/06 it showed the Build date was 3/1.

Then on 2/09 it was changed again to 3/2.

Now on 2/10 it has been moved to 2/27.

4 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Not sure what's going on at Ford Production Facility. The Tracker has the Build for my 2023 Escape ST-Line Elite Hybrid (NOT PHEV).

The salesman advised me on 1/28 via email the Build Date was 3/13.

I went to the Tracker that day and nothing was there, just the Confirmation date 12/29/22 

Then when I went back on 2/06 it showed the Build date was 3/1.

Then on 2/09 it was changed again to 3/2.

Now on 2/10 it has been moved to 2/27.

Based on my experience with the tracker - I received a build week of 6th March from my Sales Manager about mid-January. This did not show under the heading "Scheduled to week" on the tracker. On Thursday, I noted the "Scheduled to Week" noted 7th March, which yesterday changed to 10th March.

I believe that the "Scheduled to Week" column is populated when you are actually assigned a "Scheduled to Day" date. Therefore in your case, the salesman initially advised your order was scheduled to the week of 13th March (these normally indicate Monday). You have since been scheduled to a specific day, which is now posted on the tracker. Best guess is your order is currently scheduled for a build date of 27th February. If that remains the case, you can probably expect to see a window sticker around 20th February (based on my recent experience with an F-450 order)

• Like 1

PHEV with premium package

Original Scheduled Build Date: February 6th

Updated Build Date: February 13th 

Recently updated to : Scheduled Week Of 02/27/2023  

Was really looking forward to hopefully having it before March but as long as it stays I'll be satisfied.  :)