2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

I asked my dealer's inventory manager if he had any info on my 2023 PHEV Premium order and this was his reply. "The only reason I’ve seen for it being passed over from week to week when they’re scheduling is the limited number of PHEV vehicles they are building. I have not see any other flags for limited availability of other options. Contrary to the information Ford gave you this order has NOT scheduled. It was submitted on 09/21 and is still in “unscheduled/clean” status.  I will continue to monitor and let you know of any changes"

• Sad 1

as the dates change in the tracker, do you also get an email?

My tracker has never shown a date, even though the email did, and tracker also shows my VIN

13 hours ago,  SgtLip said: 

?

@escape20 I don't get the emails from Ford. My Dealer swears their email system is broke. Having said that, I have called Customer Service and they "confirmed" my order by name. My Dealer has provided me with the original Scheduled Date as well as the VIN. So I only use the Tracker to get my information as the Dealer doesn't provide any information.

I used the chat feature on the ford website, since my scheduled date has never shown up

seems like my date got moved from March 20th to April 10th 3 weeks which is how long the plant is shut down for. This stinks because i had a $1500 private offer listed on my lease statement which expires on 4/3

2023 ST Elite Hybrid in vapor blue

• Sad 1

I talked to my dealer today, and he tells me the build week for my PHEV Premium has been changed from 3/13 when it was initially scheduled on Jan 20th, to 4/24 as of today. No build week has yet been displayed on the vehicle order tracking webpage.

So on 1/20, the build was 7 weeks away. Now, 6 weeks have passed and the build is... Still 7 weeks away. Not much progress there. 

2 hours ago, ssttalker said:

This is how my tracker looks like. Almost 2 month since scheduled to be build, the car still in production.

ford.JPG

@ssttalker Too many questions I'm sure you've thought of. My first thought is have you called Ford Customer Service to see what they can offer? Then of course the dealer. I would be burning the lines up and if no results, I'd drive to the dealership and make them look me in the eye and tell me what the scoop is. 

My ONLY guess is the software glitch they just recently worked out. Now that that has been figured out, I'm sure they will flash the system to update it and it will be on its way. But someone should be able to tell you that besides me.

Good Luck and keep us in the loop. I'm really curious now.

Edited by SgtLip
Correct typos

1 hour ago, Stevedbvik1 said:

Something to keep in mind. Ford “ built “ 3900 2023 Escapes in January. All of them waiting for software fix. Then they have to be shipped. So quite a backlog that’ll affect new build’s getting shipped too. 

@Stevedbvik1 Gee, thanks for the reminder. I didn’t want to think about the backlog but you are 100% correct. 

2 hours ago, EcapeHybridGuy said:

I just spoke to my dealer. My ST-Line Elite has been delayed. It is sitting in a shipping yard. No holds are showing according to my salesperson. 

So it's delayed for no reason and the dealer can't find out why? These guys have got a great job working and never having to explain anything.

Good luck getting it. Hopefully they start to release them now that they are supposedly producing/working again.

I placed an order for a Ford Escape platinum hybrid back at the end of September where i work. I can tell you that we have no received any 2023 escapes and I am pretty sure none have shipped yet. Mine is marked as delayed in the system as well with no updates. I believe the plant was supposed to reopen today though. So hopefully things get moving again because i know they weren’t shipping anything until they updated the software issue

Edited by Bigboybobs

Received my weekly update from the dealer today and the VVR shows DW's 2023 Escape PHEV is "Scheduled to Day" - 27th March. The Ford Canada tracker indicates it is only "Scheduled to Week". Yet again further proof that the dealer has the latest updates readily available.

My tracker sill shows no date but a VIN, yet when i chatted online they gave me a april 10th date

sounds like the tracker is worthless.

It has never shown a date for me even when i got an email in January with a March 20th date. The only thing correct is the VIN

Edited by escape20

Not sure what just happened but the tracker doesn't seem to have my order/vin in the system tonight. It was "scheduled for the week of March 31" yesterday. Today when I enter my info, I get " We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Just sent an email to my dealer.

34 minutes ago, dchan said:

Not sure what just happened but the tracker doesn't seem to have my order/vin in the system tonight. It was "scheduled for the week of March 31" yesterday. Today when I enter my info, I get " We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Just sent an email to my dealer.

It has been that way for me today as well, and mine has been "in production" for weeks.

Screenskhot 2023-03-08 at 12.09.22 AM.png

Edited by jevans.900
Resized image

Well I'm for one who has lost faith in FoMoCo. How's that saying go? "You had one job to do!!!" In Fords case it's make cars and trucks. And they just can't seem to do it. I'm still waiting for my 2022 Maverick and an Escape. I've come to the decision to move along. Evidently there is nothing to see here with FoMoCo. God only knows when they will be the car manufacturer they used to be.

It been real and it's been fun, but not real fun. I'm bowing out. God Bless everyone and hopefully your choice of vehicle will be built-some day. 

• Like 1