2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

57 minutes ago, chaddy0122 said:

So in the Long McArthur video where he says they aren't scheduling for the entire month of March...where does that put all of us that have build dates in March? Assume we are getting pushed back again?

March scheduling would be for April/May builds.  If you have a build date you’re already scheduled.  Since there is a backlog already scheduled there is no need to schedule any more until that backlog is cleared.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

March scheduling would be for April/May builds.  If you have a build date you’re already scheduled.  Since there is a backlog already scheduled there is no need to schedule any more until that backlog is cleared.

Ok great! Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification!

Has anyone considered a different vehicle at this point? For the Hybrids/PHEV; I don't think anything else can compare to the MPG and eMPG except for the RAV4 Prime. I am seeing a lot of '23 models of hybrid or phev crossover SUVs but it seems to be a different story when you look into actually availability and the technology of the features...I've spent a lot of time thinking if this purchase will actually be worth it, and I am having a hard time convincing myself otherwise. Just don't want to have any regrets when I can finally pick this up from the lot. 

32 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Has anyone considered a different vehicle at this point? For the Hybrids/PHEV; I don't think anything else can compare to the MPG and eMPG except for the RAV4 Prime. I am seeing a lot of '23 models of hybrid or phev crossover SUVs but it seems to be a different story when you look into actually availability and the technology of the features...I've spent a lot of time thinking if this purchase will actually be worth it, and I am having a hard time convincing myself otherwise. Just don't want to have any regrets when I can finally pick this up from the lot. 

@Aguy That is an excellent question.

I started trying to by a Ford Maverick Hybrid on 12 July 2021. They never built it and never offered me anything else. So I gave up in early 2022. In March of 2022 I discovered the Lexus NX350h and have been trying to get my hands on one ever since. I wasn't into the PHEV phase yet and was only wanting Hybrid. I discovered Lexus quit taking special orders back in 2021 I believe due to COVID and they haven't resumed that yet today. But I discovered each dealer would take my build and submit it. Whether it was selected to build was a different story. So I have been trying to get a Lexus NX350h Luxury since March 2022 and NO LUCK.

I then went to Toyota and tried to order a Rav4 Hybrid. Discovered you couldn't order a Toyota either but they would try to get one built for me. After six moths I told them to forget about it.

Then went to Ford and ordered a 2023 Escape Hybrid. Again not a PHEV. I have been playing around waiting and waiting. Got scheduled then dropped, scheduled and dropped. Then my phone rang. It was Lexus. They have a special car coming in around 12 April and it's mine if I want it. I asked what it was and it is the 2023 Lexus NX 450h+ Luxury. The ONLY thing it doesn't have is the panoramic sunroof. And YES, it is a PHEV. I did some really fast research and discovered it was what I wanted that I didn't know I wanted.  

So I have now canceled the Escape Order and will pick up a Lexus NX 450h+ PHEV soon. The problem is there aren't any vehicles on the lots. Next to all of the car makers aren't taking orders. You have to find a dealer who is hungry and wants the business and finds you something. But you better be ready to wait. I had 5 Lexus dealers working to find me a vehicle. The one I originally started at offered me a vehicle that was inbound but then low balled me on my trade-in. So I walked away and told him I'd never grace his doors again. So if you're looking around, get multiple dealers involved. I used to sit at the laptop and search all of the dealerships in my states and surrounding states looking for a vehicle.

I started this journey in July 2021 and although it's not over yet, I can see light. The vehicle is on the ship headed this way from Japan. I was only settling on the Ford. I had thought about using it to trade when and if the Lexus ever showed up. But now I don't have to. A little long and I apologize but there are others out here feeling just like you're feeling. ONLY you can decide if you can afford to wait, look around and settle for something different or walk away. I wish you the best.

7 hours ago, SgtLip said:

@Aguy That is an excellent question.

I started trying to by a Ford Maverick Hybrid on 12 July 2021. They never built it and never offered me anything else. So I gave up in early 2022. In March of 2022 I discovered the Lexus NX350h and have been trying to get my hands on one ever since. I wasn't into the PHEV phase yet and was only wanting Hybrid. I discovered Lexus quit taking special orders back in 2021 I believe due to COVID and they haven't resumed that yet today. But I discovered each dealer would take my build and submit it. Whether it was selected to build was a different story. So I have been trying to get a Lexus NX350h Luxury since March 2022 and NO LUCK.

Your experience matches my observations. There are some really appealing cars that fit what I am looking for (family vehicle for around town and occasional road trip) but upon further research you realize the cars just do not exist or are very limited in numbers which demands a premium. 

I am liking your Lexus. That is a pretty slick car and loving the PHEV version. Something about Lexus' new grill I cannot stand though! Far outside my price range either way :)

Glad your journey is almost over! I am sticking it out because I firmly believe availability will not get better any time soon....

• Like 1

Hello all after reading all 11 pages of this thread I had to join to ask this question. I ordered a 2023 ST-Elite Hybrid this past Saturday. Dealer gave me an estimate of 3-6 months for delivery. From what I've read there's no way in heck I'm getting this car anytime soon as some of y'all ordered 6 months ago and aren't scheduled. Is this a fair representation of the information I've read? What is the probability I'm going to see this car in the next 3-6 months? 

3 hours ago, nep84 said:

Hello all after reading all 11 pages of this thread I had to join to ask this question. I ordered a 2023 ST-Elite Hybrid this past Saturday. Dealer gave me an estimate of 3-6 months for delivery. From what I've read there's no way in heck I'm getting this car anytime soon as some of y'all ordered 6 months ago and aren't scheduled. Is this a fair representation of the information I've read? What is the probability I'm going to see this car in the next 3-6 months? 

@nep84 I ordered an ST-Elite Hybrid back on 28 December 2022. I had a 3/13/2023 Build which has changed a few times. The latest posted on Friday is 3/27/2023. So it is doable if all goes well from here on out. 

36 minutes ago, nep84 said:

Question #2 how long does it take to hear from Ford once you place the order?

@nep84 With my Ford Maverick order, I received an email from Ford confirming my order within 10 minutes of the DORA being input into the system.

With my Ford Escape, I have NEVER heard from Ford. My Dealer swears the system won't allow them or accept email addresses.  I've called Ford Customer Service and they have my order. I have never heard from Ford though. 

Edited by SgtLip
Correct typos

20 hours ago, nep84 said:

Lots of variables determine how quickly your order is built - number of Escape orders ahead of you at your dealer, dealer's upcoming allocations, how effectively the dealer manages their USOB, what options did you select, distance from the plant, component availability, etc.

I ordered an F-350 in 2013 and 2016, so before the current issues, and they both took about 3 months to arrive in metro Vancouver. Therefore, I'll suggest your dealer isn't going to achieve 3 months, especially since the plant was shut down for 3 weeks resolving a software issue. They will not be scheduling Escapes until next month, so it will be April at the earliest before you get a VIN, probably much later.

Is 6 months reasonable, possibly, but the dealer would have lots of allocations and few Escape orders ahead of yours. The dealer will also have to manage their USOB, requesting priority 2 from Ford after about 3 months.

You need to ask the dealer how many Escape orders are ahead of yours and what allocations do they have.

4 hours ago, nep84 said:

Question #2 how long does it take to hear from Ford once you place the order?

If you purchased from a US dealer and the dealer entered your email address, you should receive a confirmation from Ford shortly after the dealer submits the order.

However, your dealer has access to all the latest information regarding your order in the VVR, or whatever they are calling the new system.

Thanks y’all good info here

ill follow up with dealer on Monday. I’d be satisfied with an order number and vin so I can check fords website for status. 

good tip on the priority 2 request.

im in nj plant is in Kentucky so I’m not that far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nep84 said:

Thanks y’all good info here

ill follow up with dealer on Monday. I’d be satisfied with an order number and vin so I can check fords website for status. 

good tip on the priority 2 request.

im in nj plant is in Kentucky so I’m not that far. 

The order number should be included on the specification and price sheet you received from the dealer. It will also include the price level. The dealer's order number consists of 4 letters and/or numbers.

A VIN is issued once your order is scheduled. Unfortunately, with the recent plant shut-down, lots of us have received a VIN, but our scheduled day/week has been removed. My Scheduled to Day of 27th March was removed on Saturday, so we are currently unscheduled. From what I read, once the plant resumes production, they have the backlog of orders already with a VIN to re-schedule, which is the reason for no new Escape scheduling until at least next month.

My dealer requests priority 2 from his local Ford zone manager after about 3 months. Both my F-450 (2022) and DW's 2023 Escape PHEV were moved to 2 at about 3 months after order. I didn't have to be involved, or request the change. My Sales Manager does it automatically.

Welcome to the wait, I'm just hoping DW's Escape is delivered quicker than the 9 months for my F-450.

2 hours ago, escape20 said:

Thats a long delivery wait.

When my 2020 was built, it took about 10 days to get to the dealer in NJ

Where are u located.

I’m thinking it’s cause there were a lot sitting waiting to be shipped out after the software update. But maybe it will end up being faster

• Like 1