2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Driftless, how long from built, to shipping and then to delivery? And where are you located? My order shows “built, awaiting shipping” as of 4/11  my dealership says ETA is listed as 5/18. Shipment is to the west coast (California). Just wondering. 

51 minutes ago, dchan said:

Driftless, how long from built, to shipping and then to delivery? And where are you located? My order shows “built, awaiting shipping” as of 4/11  my dealership says ETA is listed as 5/18. Shipment is to the west coast (California). Just wondering. 

Ordered in October, Scheduled/blend date was 2/17, built 3/30, shipped via convoy on 3/31 and arrived at the dealer 4/7. Located in Des Moines, IA. 

2 hours ago, driftlessNick said:

Ordered in October, Scheduled/blend date was 2/17, built 3/30, shipped via convoy on 3/31 and arrived at the dealer 4/7. Located in Des Moines, IA. 

Wow I ordered mine in September and it's still being built

Driftless ordered an ICE configuration. Different configs of power train (urs PHEV) will change the available parts and thus the scheduling of building.. they don’t want to schedule a build if it will end up sitting around waiting for a part, when they can build and complete/sell another configuration.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aguy said:

Wow I ordered mine in September and it's still being built

I believe you also ordered a PHEV.

Based on the information provided by my dealer, prior to our order being scheduled in January, the PHEV's were constrained by battery availability, so limited numbers of PHEV's scheduled, with I expect the 22MY re-orders having higher priority. 

Compared to my 2022  F-450 experience, I am pleasantly surprised on how quick the Escape is being built, especially when they didn't switch to the 23 MY until December. Although we ordered in September, when the order bank opened, we knew they weren't switching to 23MY builds until December, which was quickly followed by the Christmas shut down.

59 minutes ago, sgriffin130 said:

Just got notice that my Escape PHEV had arrived at the dealer. Ordered 9/20/22, built 4/4/23. Of course window sticker/invoice are different than original order so will have to wait for rebate for price protection as I did on my Mach E. 

What rebates? Price protection maybe. 

Edited by ice-capades

12 hours ago, dchan said:

I saw an image of the Mustang in one of those sneak peeks of car sightings with the vapor blue. It is a pretty color. Later I saw the cinnamon red and that’s real nice too. Not the bright “look at me and give me a ticket” red.

my buddy has a maverick in the vapor blue its a very cool color

6 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

Just got notice that my Escape PHEV had arrived at the dealer. Ordered 9/20/22, built 4/4/23. Of course window sticker/invoice are different than original order so will have to wait for rebate for price protection as I did on my Mach E. 

Same thing, my hybrid was delivered this morning.  Have to sell my 2019 tomorrow and hopefully get everything loan wise so I can pick up the new one in a few days.  My dealer told me I should see a check a couple months from now for the difference in price.

DW's Escape PHEV Premium with Vista Roof was sent to the plant yesterday and window sticker was posted today. Everything is included, as per the order - no deletions for the hands-free liftgate, sirius, wi-fi hotspot, etc. Build date is 21st April and it is # 2428 of 2,558 that day.

11 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I expect the 22MY re-orders having higher priority. 

This, sadly, does not appear to be true.  I first ordered a PHEV in December, 2021, and re-ordered in November, 2022.  My build date (5/9) is later than other PHEV orders that were first placed in Aug.-Oct. 2022.

That's definitely one part of Ford's retail order experience that they need to look at.

Edited by MrCurvedLimos

2 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

DW's Escape PHEV Premium with Vista Roof was sent to the plant yesterday and window sticker was posted today. Everything is included, as per the order - no deletions for the hands-free liftgate, sirius, wi-fi hotspot, etc. Build date is 21st April and it is # 2428 of 2,558 that day.

What does 2428 of 2558 mean?  whee did u find that ingp?

Ford needs to get their act together.

I went to the dealer today to get a final lease price since mine is being built next week.

They do not have residual numbers yet from ford on ST line Hybrids.

They called ford and got approximate numbers to give me.

OMG my payment goes up 200.00 a month for less miles. vs my 2020

What they did tell me is the interest rate on the least would be 8%  That is crazy!!

10 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

Where are you located?

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

This, sadly, does not appear to be true.  I first ordered a PHEV in December, 2021, and re-ordered in November, 2022.  My build date (5/9) is later than other PHEV orders that were first placed in Aug.-Oct. 2022.

That's definitely one part of Ford's retail order experience that they need to look at.

That one is on the dealer,  They were told to give holdover orders preference with the dealer assigned priority codes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That one is on the dealer,  They were told to give holdover orders preference with the dealer assigned priority codes.

In Dec. '21, my dealer put my order in as PC-10. By about Feb. '22, Ford bumped that up PC-02, which is where it sat all year.  In Nov. '22 when I re-ordered, my dealer again put it in as PC-10 and said they couldn't unilaterally prioritize it any higher. Reading back up through the thread, it looks like orders placed in Sept. '22 have been built already.  My order placed 9 months earlier, in Dec. '21 is still in the offing.

My dealer says they managed to get one MY-21 PHEV stock order on the lot (the one I test drove in Dec. '21), and that's the only one they've ever gotten. They've got 3 holdover MY-22 PHEV retail orders, none delivered yet. 

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

In Dec. '21, my dealer put my order in as PC-10. By about Feb. '22, Ford bumped that up PC-02, which is where it sat all year.  In Nov. '22 when I re-ordered, my dealer again put it in as PC-10 and said they couldn't unilaterally prioritize it any higher. Reading back up through the thread, it looks like orders placed in Sept. '22 have been built already.  My order placed 9 months earlier, in Dec. '21 is still in the offing.

My dealer says they managed to get one MY-21 PHEV stock order on the lot (the one I test drove in Dec. '21), and that's the only one they've ever gotten. They've got 3 holdover MY-22 PHEV retail orders, none delivered yet. 

So your dealer has no allocation or the parts for your specific vehicle hasn’t been available.

3 hours ago, escape20 said:

What does 2428 of 2558 mean?  whee did u find that ingp?

That means our vehicle is the # 2,428 they are building that day. They plan to build 2558 vehicles, so ours will be one of the last one built that day.

The information is available on the window sticker.

3 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

The delay is most unfortunate, but you didn't mention what options you ordered, which has a major impact on scheduling, due to commodity restraints that change weekly. If you didn't have any commodity restraints then I'll suggest your dealer may not have managed your order effectively. Your dealer has information on commodity restraints readily available, so should be able to advise why your order is behind others.

What priority code did your dealer assign upon re-order and how has it changed. Your dealer does provide these order updates? If not, why aren't you forcing the dealer to provide customer service. How many 22 MY re-order Escapes were ahead of your order and how many allocations does your dealer have? These are all issues that impact scheduling. If your dealer doesn't manage their USOB effectively, your scheduling can be delayed. Ford can only base priorities on the information provided by the dealers. Fortunately, my dealer is excellent and had our order at priority 2 by December 2022. Since I asked him to order a 23 MY back in June, before the order banks opened, we are our dealer's first 23 MY Escape order.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

That means our vehicle is the # 2,428 they are building that day. They plan to build 2558 vehicles, so ours will be one of the last one built that day.

The information is available on the window sticker.

Source?

2 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

Sorry, but you need a new dealer.

I introduced our neighbours to my Sales Manager and they purchased a 22MY Bronco in Jan 22. It wasn't built as a 22 MY, so was re-ordered as a 23MY. Once the order was submitted, the dealer immediately contacted their Regional Manager to adjust the priority code back to 2, which was actioned.

BTW - If your dealer places all orders at Priority Code 10, it is a very ineffective method of managing their USOB. By placing all orders at 10, they are not managing the USOB and leaving Ford to decide which orders to build.

• Like 1