2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

That means our vehicle is the # 2,428 they are building that day. They plan to build 2558 vehicles, so ours will be one of the last one built that day.

The information is available on the window sticker.

thanks

I never knew that

i am 1034 of 1363

8 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

DW's Escape PHEV Premium with Vista Roof was sent to the plant yesterday and window sticker was posted today. Everything is included, as per the order - no deletions for the hands-free liftgate, sirius, wi-fi hotspot, etc. Build date is 21st April and it is # 2428 of 2,558 that day.

Where did you see the option listed for hands free tailgate? I'm trying to see where it should be listed in mine

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Im not sure that’s what it really means.

I am thinking about this more.

If you use that number, it means they are building about 23,00 a month based upon 20 days.

that seems like a lot of trucks in a month. 

Isant Escape sales around 150,000 a year

Picked up my Escape PHEV  with the Premium Packagea couple of days ago and am, so far, it has exceeded my expectations. I wish it had PAAK like my Mustang Mach E but it's not a big deal. Definitely worth the 7 month wait. I traded in a Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate and was a little concerned about the difference in power and  acceleration but it's fine in that regard. Interior is nice, some cheap plastic, but not too bad. Seats are comfortable for my wife and I.Ride is ok, it's an SUV after all. Less harsh than my Santa Fe.

59 minutes ago, sgriffin130 said:

Picked up my Escape PHEV  with the Premium Packagea couple of days ago and am, so far, it has exceeded my expectations. I wish it had PAAK like my Mustang Mach E but it's not a big deal. Definitely worth the 7 month wait. I traded in a Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate and was a little concerned about the difference in power and  acceleration but it's fine in that regard. Interior is nice, some cheap plastic, but not too bad. Seats are comfortable for my wife and I.Ride is ok, it's an SUV after all. Less harsh than my Santa Fe.

How is the display? Is it obtrusive?

On 4/14/2023 at 6:07 PM, MrCurvedLimos said:

This, sadly, does not appear to be true.  I first ordered a PHEV in December, 2021, and re-ordered in November, 2022.  My build date (5/9) is later than other PHEV orders that were first placed in Aug.-Oct. 2022.

That's definitely one part of Ford's retail order experience that they need to look at.

There are a lot of factors involved but a major factor is the Dealer's proper monitoring and management of their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) to help expedite scheduling of retail orders and the assistance of the Ford Zone Manager and Regional Scheduler where appropriate or necessary. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:18 PM, MrCurvedLimos said:

In Dec. '21, my dealer put my order in as PC-10. By about Feb. '22, Ford bumped that up PC-02, which is where it sat all year.  In Nov. '22 when I re-ordered, my dealer again put it in as PC-10 and said they couldn't unilaterally prioritize it any higher. Reading back up through the thread, it looks like orders placed in Sept. '22 have been built already.  My order placed 9 months earlier, in Dec. '21 is still in the offing.

My dealer says they managed to get one MY-21 PHEV stock order on the lot (the one I test drove in Dec. '21), and that's the only one they've ever gotten. They've got 3 holdover MY-22 PHEV retail orders, none delivered yet. 

If Ford doesn't re-prioritize a retail order to 01 or 02, the Dealer must contact their Ford Zone Manager to request the Regional Scheduler to re-prioritize the order. This is a primary reason why it's so important that the dealership staff member responsible for managing the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) monitor the retail order status on a continuous basis so that pro-active action can be taken on a timely basis. 

On 4/15/2023 at 6:04 AM, akirby said:

Im not sure that’s what it really means.

Without any definitive proof from Ford providing an explanation of the information on the window stickers, this is what I have seen from multiple sources, during my research on multiple retail orders.

They can't use the VIN for managing the sequence on the production line, so they have a batch code and sequence. On our current Escape order, the Batch Code is PD131 and the sequence is per my previous post. Based on what I have read, each batch contains about 10,000 vehicles, so the same batch code can be used on multiple dates.

If this is incorrect and one of the Ford employees can provide an explanation of the WS info, I will be happy to stand corrected.

On Edit - forgot to mention that I suspect the 4 numbers on our WS to the right of the batch code is the sequence within the entire batch. I have not seen this confirmed anywhere, but I suspect the batch number is included somewhere, as well as the daily sequence. On our WS, we are # 4431 on batch PD131.

Edited by Rangers09

On 4/14/2023 at 9:35 PM, Aguy said:

Where did you see the option listed for hands free tailgate? I'm trying to see where it should be listed in mine

The hand's free is included in the PHEV Premium package in the order guide.

When I checked our window sticker, it isn't included as a deletion and rebate in the options section, so can only assume that it will be installed, per the order guide.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, escape20 said:

thanks

I never knew that

i am 1034 of 1363

9-NORMAL,NE,100936,PD131 4431 120230421 BLEND 6853

Based on the above from our WS, our batch code is PD131. I believe your blend date is just before us, so what is your batch code.

59 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

When I checked our window sticker, it isn't included as a deletion and rebate in the options section, so can only assume that it will be installed, per the order guide.

Oh that makes sense! I am seeing the same...hopefully it stays as ordered. Will make the wife very happy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If Ford doesn't re-prioritize a retail order to 01 or 02, the Dealer must contact their Ford Zone Manager to request the Regional Scheduler to re-prioritize the order. This is a primary reason why it's so important that the dealership staff member responsible for managing the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) monitor the retail order status on a continuous basis so that pro-active action can be taken on a timely basis. 

Yeah, I suspect you guys are right. My dealer is likely not the savviest. And it's a small dealership; I suspect they don't have many allocations, either. Of course, none of that was known to me when I walked in off the street in 2021... I've only learned about it here, reading while I've been waiting. But it's clear that whatever they could or should have done to keep my place in line with the re-order, they didn't do. Which is part of the reason I feel like Ford's retail experience could be improved. Mostly a moot point now. Car will be built in a month hopefully. 

12 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

What color did you get?

I am still waiting to see a vapor blue production model

15 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

My 2023 Escape PHEV with the Premium package does NOT have a hands-free lift gate. That capability was removed from the Escape as it was from the Mach E.

1 hour ago, sgriffin130 said:

My 2023 Escape PHEV with the Premium package does NOT have a hands-free lift gate. That capability was removed from the Escape as it was from the Mach E.

My 2023 Platinum ICE also does not have the hands-free liftgate installed. I also confirmed with my dealer that it is 'not offered' in the '23 escape. It wasn't listed in the 'base options' section of my window sticker either so I assume that is how they got away without a credit?

50 minutes ago, driftlessNick said:

My 2023 Platinum ICE also does not have the hands-free liftgate installed. I also confirmed with my dealer that it is 'not offered' in the '23 escape. It wasn't listed in the 'base options' section of my window sticker either so I assume that is how they got away without a credit?

They were listed when the vehicle first came out. You should be able to recieve a credit

Screenshot_20230417_105038_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230417_105136_Drive.jpg