2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

2 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

My 2023 Escape PHEV with the Premium package does NOT have a hands-free lift gate. That capability was removed from the Escape as it was from the Mach E.

Thanks, just checked the specifications included with our order and the foot activated liftgate isn't mentioned. It was included when we ordered, so I will follow up with my Sales Manager.

43 minutes ago, chodaddy15 said:

The 2023 Escape order guides for both the U.S. and Canada have been available in the Dealer Order Guides section for download. The versions dated 09/19/2022 were the last versions I had access to, and I don't know if newer versions were released to Dealers since then.  

Edited by ice-capades

I am paying attention to the amount of tax credits for escape after April 18. See https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2023.shtml updated today. I hope to know whether the amount here is final for 2023. If so, is there hope for escape receive the full tax credit for 2024? Considering whether to rollover my order for 2024. I placed an order for my car since September. Seven months have passed and the order still hasn't been updated. The latest email says it's due to a supply chain issue.

649399553_Screenshot2023-04-17at12_50_49PM.thumb.png.41a2e8d327c532242b298a3f4b00b6b9.png

1 hour ago, World Devastator said:

I am paying attention to the amount of tax credits for escape after April 18. See https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2023.shtml updated today. I hope to know whether the amount here is final for 2023. If so, is there hope for escape receive the full tax credit for 2024? Considering whether to rollover my order for 2024. I placed an order for my car since September. Seven months have passed and the order still hasn't been updated. The latest email says it's due to a supply chain issue.

649399553_Screenshot2023-04-17at12_50_49PM.thumb.png.41a2e8d327c532242b298a3f4b00b6b9.png

If anything I think it would be the same or worse as the % requirements are higher for 24. Unless Ford pulls a rabbit out of their hat and finds different material sources and battery supplier that meet the increasing requirement demands. Right now no one knows how close to either edge the Escape battery is.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:59 AM, Rangers09 said:

Thanks, just checked the specifications included with our order and the foot activated liftgate isn't mentioned. It was included when we ordered, so I will follow up with my Sales Manager.

I ordered the first day you could and knew it had been deleted then.

I received an email last week that my vehicle is scheduled for production the week of May 29, 2023.  However, when I track the status all I see is that my order has been confirmed.  Am I missing something, or will it be updated the closer it gets.  I have seen others that have checkmarks on each circle.   

image.png.53c6cff67eeb99b244f661766ecb3c37.png

38 minutes ago, driftlessNick said:

Well, my 23 escape is getting its first tow and warranty claim with only 75 miles on the odometer. It’s not starting up, dealer’s service person on the phone thinks it may be a software issue. 

Man that sucks and doesn't bode well for the rest of us! What model and trim do you have?

3 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

I received an email last week that my vehicle is scheduled for production the week of May 29, 2023.  However, when I track the status all I see is that my order has been confirmed.  Am I missing something, or will it be updated the closer it gets.  I have seen others that have checkmarks on each circle.   

The website tends to be wrong.

Use the chat feature on the site and they will tell you the exact info

7 hours ago, driftlessNick said:

Well, my 23 escape is getting its first tow and warranty claim with only 75 miles on the odometer. It’s not starting up, dealer’s service person on the phone thinks it may be a software issue. 

So much for that 3 weeks of software flash updates

Ordered a PHEV with vista roof on 11/30/22 and so far have only heard that my order is in progress, but no VIN or date. My dealer said the plant that makes them is striking, but uh, that just seems to be an excuse for why it’s taking so long. 

You need a new dealership IMO

The plant did shut down for software bug problem, but that has been resolved and happened a while ago. The plant being shut down on strike would have been reported in several locations (ford authority for instance)

November order, depending on build and options might be getting delayed due to a specific part. The Vista roof was only one hold up. Batteries (specific to the PHEV) might be another.

Post your trim levels and additional options and maybe someone else can give some insight or experience.

3 hours ago, mkeabert said:

Ordered a PHEV with vista roof on 11/30/22 and so far have only heard that my order is in progress, but no VIN or date. My dealer said the plant that makes them is striking, but uh, that just seems to be an excuse for why it’s taking so long. 

Welcome to the forum. Unless your dealer is providing you with a BS line, they are incompetent, as they have the information on constraints readily available. As per the previous reply, the plant is not and has not been on strike, but they did have production interruptions, including a 3-week shut-down due to a software issue.

Prior to being scheduled, the common constraints on our PHEV were the batteries and vista roof. Your dealer has ready access to this information for all orders.

The plant didn't switch to 23 MY until December and they also had an annual Christmas shutdown, in addition to the production delays. This information is also readily available to your dealer.

Thank you both for the details. I’ll ask them if they can give me any better info, because, yeah, that’s very unprofessional of them. It’s the big Ford dealer in town, so not sure why they’d send fake news about a strike. 

Edited by mkeabert
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, irisheyes_13 said:

After my Escape was built and on route to the dealer the status went back to order confirmed. So take that info with a grain of salt.

21 hours ago, mkeabert said:

29 minutes ago, sgriffin130 said:

After my Escape was built and on route to the dealer the status went back to order confirmed. So take that info with a grain of salt.

I ordered in September (PHEV with Vista roof and Premium package) and picked it up last Friday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

I ordered in September (PHEV with Vista roof and Premium package) and picked it up last Friday.

How do you like it? I don't like the touch screen climate controls but at least they forced it to always displayed. Mine is being shipped right now. 

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

How do you like it? I don't like the touch screen climate controls but at least they forced it to always displayed. Mine is being shipped right now. 

I like it very much. I have a 2022 Mach E, as well, so I am somewhat used to the similar interface. I like the physical button for the camera and the heads-up display. No phone as a key though and no ability to start the car without the fob like in the Mach E. Ride is good, acceleration acceptable and it is much quieter than our Hyundai Santa Fe.

1 hour ago, sgriffin130 said:

I like it very much. I have a 2022 Mach E, as well, so I am somewhat used to the similar interface. I like the physical button for the camera and the heads-up display. No phone as a key though and no ability to start the car without the fob like in the Mach E. Ride is good, acceleration acceptable and it is much quieter than our Hyundai Santa Fe.

Thanks! I'm really excited and hoping demand mixed with low availability means it maintains it's value. Hoping for a full YouTube walkthrough of the display but so far I've only seen short overviews of it...

My 2023 Escape Platinum Hybrid AWD went In Production 1/31/23, Built 4/11/23, Shipped 4/17/23, arrived at my dealer in Columbus, Ohio today. Picking it up tomorrow. Replacing a 2020 Escape similarly equipped. Will post impressions and comments after I have a few miles on it.