2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

31 minutes ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

My PHEV Premium was scheduled to week with a date of 5/9. After a couple weeks saying 5/9, the day moved up to 5/8. A few days later, it changed to 5/10, and now today it says 5/11. Through all of that, the order tracker continues to say it was last updated on 4/5, which was the day it first showed the 5/9 date.

When did you order? Are you east or west coast? Canada vs US?

I am observing the same as well. My PHEV premium was initially scheduled for 4/24, then it changed to 5/8 and then 5/12 and then 5/11 and then 5/12 again. The last updated date never changed from 04/05. I am from Ontario, Canada. 

10 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

My PHEV Premium was scheduled to week with a date of 5/9. After a couple weeks saying 5/9, the day moved up to 5/8. A few days later, it changed to 5/10, and now today it says 5/11. Through all of that, the order tracker continues to say it was last updated on 4/5, which was the day it first showed the 5/9 date.

Apparently CSX does not come out west. Hopped on the chat this morning and in Gibson, my vehicle was transferred to Burlington Northern. The chat people did not have a rail car number for after the transfer so I may not be able to track any further without the help of my dealership. The rep there has been great and I’m am trying not to pester him so more patience. ?

On 4/23/2023 at 8:17 AM, car_noob said:

I ordered my PHEV premium package on 11/29/23 and the tracker finally got updated. Scheduled to be Built on Week of 05/16/23..How long after it is built will I get the car (or estimated timelines? I was hoping to get it by the beginning of June. Thanks!

Just curious, when did you get your VIN? I ordered around the same time and I wasn’t sure what to expect. 

10 hours ago, mkeabert said:

Just curious, when did you get your VIN? I ordered around the same time and I wasn’t sure what to expect. 

I got my vin end of March, around 29 or 30th... I wanted the car by the beginning of June but it isn't looking good...what are the Odds if my current scheduled build date is Week of May 16th..?

The funny thing is the sale's guy told me they ramped up te production for the ford escape so you should get it "soon"

57 minutes ago, car_noob said:

I got my vin end of March, around 29 or 30th... I wanted the car by the beginning of June but it isn't looking good...what are the Odds if my current scheduled build date is Week of May 16th..?

The funny thing is the sale's guy told me they ramped up te production for the ford escape so you should get it "soon"

You don't say where you are located.

A lot will depend on how your vehicle is shipped. If it's convoy close to the plant you may get it a lot sooner than some of us on the coasts where it has to be scheduled for rail, then shipped via rail, and then transferred to truck for the final destination.

37 minutes ago, dchan said:

You don't say where you are located.

A lot will depend on how your vehicle is shipped. If it's convoy close to the plant you may get it a lot sooner than some of us on the coasts where it has to be scheduled for rail, then shipped via rail, and then transferred to truck for the final destination.

I'm in Ontario, the Scarborough area

31 minutes ago, car_noob said:

I'm in Ontario, the Scarborough area

Oh.. That's a border crossing too but it is a lot closer to the plant than I am.

If they ship it via a truck carrier you may get it sooner. Even a short hop via train might still get it to you quickly.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:26 AM, gbank14 said:

Chatted with dealer this morning and becoming very annoyed.

Car has been done for 3.5 weeks and is just sitting at the plant waiting for a truck.

Live in Chicagoland so does not have too far to go. 

That sounds like an attempt to consolidate the shipment.. if there is only one or two vehicles, I can see them wanting to wait to have more to ship. The cost of sending an almost empty vehicle carrier must be expensive.

I did find out that when a rail car is transferred from one carrier to another, usually it stays intact. (IE, vehicle stays on rail car and the whole rail car is just transferred to the partner rail company)

According to the tracking from Ford, my vehicle's Railcar was received by BNSF 4/25 in Blue Island IL (according to Ford Chat) and according to the BNSF website, presuming it was added to it's next train quickly, it looks like BNSF has daily departures from Blue Island, headed to the west coast. with transit times of 8-9 days estimated.  Shop.Ford has an estimated delivery of 5/16. We will see.

1 hour ago, dchan said:

That sounds like an attempt to consolidate the shipment.. if there is only one or two vehicles, I can see them wanting to wait to have more to ship. The cost of sending an almost empty vehicle carrier must be expensive.

Yea agreed. However, I like to think there is probably lots of shipments to Chicago area. 

But like i said, just immensely frustrated. If i would have just driven down to Louisville to pick it up. 

2 hours ago, Robin Singh Nanda said:

My Escape 2023 PHEV premium package went into production today. Eagerly waiting for it to be built and shipping to Ontario, Canada. 
image.thumb.png.452588e102a3d656f99f88b284f2c40a.png

image.png.9ae74ffdcfc2ef92e9eba86614bbb4f4.png

let's goo man! That is awesome. Happy for you. Our timelines are similar, ordered on 11/29/2022 and its scheduled date is 05/16/2023 but if yours is already in production, I am going to assume, mine will also be in production by next week. Did you dealer tell you about when the delivery will be? like an estimate? 

1 hour ago, car_noob said:

let's goo man! That is awesome. Happy for you. Our timelines are similar, ordered on 11/29/2022 and its scheduled date is 05/16/2023 but if yours is already in production, I am going to assume, mine will also be in production by next week. Did you dealer tell you about when the delivery will be? like an estimate? 

Yours should go to the production soon as well. My dealer said it will take around a month after the car is built. It should probably be around mid June. I am from Ontario, Canada.

My dealer called me. My Escape Elite Hybrid in Vapor blue arrived today at 4:45.

It came pretty quick

It left Louisville on a rail car Saturday 4/23 at 8PM

It arrived in Twin Oak PA on 4/26, and was unloaded on 4/27

Arrived today in Wayne NJ by truck at 4:35

The ford estimate to the dealer was 5/1 - 5/14

I guess it was not too bad, i ordered it on 12/28 exactly 4 months ago. Had the plant not shut down i would have had it a month ago!

Edited by escape20

59 minutes ago, escape20 said:

My dealer called me. My Escape Elite Hybrid in Vapor blue arrived today at 4:45.

It came pretty quick

It left Louisville on a rail car Saturday 4/23 at 8PM

It was unloaded in Twin Oak PA on 4/26, and was unloaded on 4/27

Arrived today in Wayne NJ by truck at 4:35

The ford estimate to the dealer was 5/1 - 5/14

I guess it was not too bad, i ordered it on 12/28 exactly 4 months ago. Had the plant not shut down i would have had it a month ago!

Nice.

Mine left Louisville via Rail on 4/20 I was able to track it to Blue Island just outside of Chicago when I surmise the Rail car was transferred to Burlington Northern Santa Fe. The last notification/update on the tracking website was 4/25 with no details except for an ETA to the dealership of 5/16-5/23.. Judging by a pretty consistent delay of updates on the website, I am guessing it probably ended up leaving Blue Island a day or two earlier than the 4/25 update.

I found a schedule and map for Burlington Northern and they estimate 8 days from Blue Island, IL to Richmond, CA so I'm hoping for an early delivery as well but who knows.

I think Aguy is in Southern CA and if both our rail cars are in the same train, he should get his right before me. I can hope!

44 minutes ago, gbank14 said:

image.thumb.png.64baaa1e3049787f3fe11f6959b91c23.png

I am still waiting on shipping but website updated today.

I dont even know what this means

Many of us noticed the same. When they shipped mine and many others, this happened too. The page goes back to order confirmed then it updates a couple hours to days later with the “shipped” status. You can probably “chat” with the support to get the shipping status. Your window sticker should show the method of shipping.  (Rail or Convoy)

58 minutes ago, dchan said:

Many of us noticed the same. When they shipped mine and many others, this happened too. The page goes back to order confirmed then it updates a couple hours to days later with the “shipped” status. You can probably “chat” with the support to get the shipping status. Your window sticker should show the method of shipping.  (Rail or Convoy)

ohh good news then. 

Thank you!