2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

^^^We ordered a loaded Atlas Blue ST-Liine Elite Hybrid on November 18th.  Still getting the email updates from Ford apologizing for the delay, so no VIN yet.  Is there a way to track with just the order number and dealer number with no VIN?

49 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

^^^We ordered a loaded Atlas Blue ST-Line Elite Hybrid on November 18th.  Still getting the email updates from Ford apologizing for the delay, so no VIN yet.  Is there a way to track with just the order number and dealer number with no VIN?

Not on the Ford public tracking site which is for scheduled orders or orders in production or shipped. Your Dealer has access to all the resources regarding vehicle order status. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo

10 hours ago, dchan said:

My dealer just confirmed my suspicion. My vehicle arrived at the Richmond port. Now it needs to get transferred to the dealership. Getting close!   

Mine has the last udpate as 4/21 still. 

Funny thing..My dealer sent me an email out of the blue asking if I had sent an inquiry about my order. I wonder if my contacting the customer service via chat, triggered that..  Maybe when we were chatting the agent on the chat decided to send the dealer a note to contact the party that placed the order...

Hmmm..

On another note,

Is anyone planning on installing things like Paint Protection Film, or Windshield film or some other form of finish protection?

I am thinking that I drive enough on snow/winter roads that I'm going to want some chip protection against gravel and other road schmutz.  I currently have been replacing my windshield every two seasons. With all the dependence on the camera's and other sensors in the new cars, I'm thinking it makes sense to protect the front from all this. I've checked out XPel for paint protection and EXOshield for the windshield. They are not cheap but neither are replacement windshields and paint jobs.

8 hours ago, dchan said:

Funny thing..My dealer sent me an email out of the blue asking if I had sent an inquiry about my order. I wonder if my contacting the customer service via chat, triggered that..  Maybe when we were chatting the agent on the chat decided to send the dealer a note to contact the party that placed the order...

Hmmm..

On another note,

Is anyone planning on installing things like Paint Protection Film, or Windshield film or some other form of finish protection?

I am thinking that I drive enough on snow/winter roads that I'm going to want some chip protection against gravel and other road schmutz.  I currently have been replacing my windshield every two seasons. With all the dependence on the camera's and other sensors in the new cars, I'm thinking it makes sense to protect the front from all this. I've checked out XPel for paint protection and EXOshield for the windshield. They are not cheap but neither are replacement windshields and paint jobs.

I had PPF on the front and ceramic coating installed on the entire car. I did the same on my Mustang Mach E and was not going to on this car. But since it is our travel car and will be stored outside I decided to. I had XPEL installed on both

10 hours ago, dchan said:

Hmmm..

On another note,

I apply a quality wax a couple times a year, but we also rarely get snow and don't have many gravel roads.

A feature I've been curious about, I'm wondering if any of you know. Does the Escape PHEV have the ability to schedule a preheat cabin warmup time? 

When we bought our C-Max PHEV in 2015, there was a phone app (MyTouch Mobile or something like that), and one of its features was that you could set a time & temperature to preheat the cabin each day. I liked that feature. The app lost support a few years ago and quit working, and eventually I uninstalled it from my phone, so now I'm not even sure what it was called. 

Has that phone app been replaced by something else? Or is that cabin preheat feature available natively from the dashboard of the Escape PHEV?

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7458&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2102594&ProcUid=G2029707&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

Insert other media

Remote Start

About Remote Start
The system allows you to remotely start the engine using the FordPass app.
The system can also adjust the interior temperature according to the settings that you chose.
Note:   All other vehicle systems remain off when you have remotely started the engine.
Note:   The vehicle remains secured when you have remotely started the engine. A valid key must be inside your vehicle to switch the ignition on and drive your vehicle.
Remote Start Limitations
Remote start does not work if:
  • The alarm horn is sounding.
  • The hood is open.
  • The transmission is not in park (P).
Enabling Remote Start
  1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  1. Select Vehicle Settings.
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Switch System on or off.
Note:   To use remote start, make sure that the modem is enabled.
Remotely Starting the Engine
WARNING   WARNING:  To avoid exhaust fumes, do not use remote start if your vehicle is parked indoors or in areas that are not well ventilated.

Use the FordPass app to start the engine.
Note:   The direction indicators flash twice.
Note:   The parking lamps turn on when the engine is running.
Note:   The horn sounds if the system fails to start.
Note:   You must switch on the ignition before driving your vehicle.
Remotely Stopping the Engine
Use the FordPass app to stop the engine.
Remote Start Settings
Use the information display to adjust the remote start settings.
Note:   You cannot adjust the climate control settings when you have remotely started the engine.
Note:   When you switch the ignition on, the climate control system returns to the last used settings.
Switching Auto On
  1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Select Climate Control.
  1. Switch Auto on.
Note:   If you switch Auto on, the system attempts to heat or cool the interior to 72°F (22°C).
Note:   The heated windshield, heated rear window, heated mirrors, heated seats and heated steering wheel could turn on in cold weather.
Switching Last Settings On
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Select Climate Control.
  1. Switch Last Settings on.
Note:   If you switch Last Settings on, the system remembers the last used settings.
Switching the Heated Seats and the Heated Steering Wheel Settings On
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Select Seats and Wheel.
  1. Switch Auto on.
Note:   If you switch the heated seats and the heated steering wheel settings on, the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on during cold weather.
Setting the Duration
You can set a duration for the engine to run.
Note:   Wait a few seconds before remotely starting the engine after the engine stops running.
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Select Duration.

Edited by dchan

On 4/27/2023 at 1:43 PM, Robin Singh Nanda said:

My Escape 2023 PHEV premium package went into production today. Eagerly waiting for it to be built and shipping to Ontario, Canada. 
image.thumb.png.452588e102a3d656f99f88b284f2c40a.png

image.png.9ae74ffdcfc2ef92e9eba86614bbb4f4.png

any update on your car in production? I am still awaiting production but the scheduled week of date keeps getting bumped around. 

35 minutes ago, car_noob said:

dchan did your week of production date keep getting moved? 

It did early on. Then once it was set after plant restart it stopped moving around. It actually went into production over a week early and now arrived over a week ahead of the shipping ETA. My dealership is actually sending a sales rep to pick me up so I don’t have to figure out how to get there on public transit or find someone to drive me there?