Scheduled week of:   01/18/2023

In production:             03/07/2023

Built:                             04/11/2023

Shipped: waiting and waiting and waiting

- Chatted with Ford this week. They said shipping May 15

- Chatted with Ford a few weeks ago. They said:

Will be shipped by rail to the Oakville, Ontario Ford Plant

Then it convoyed out the the dealer

Jeez thats brutal!! you've been waiting forever.. Mine only went into production a few days ago and ive been so antsy about when it will arrive

9 hours ago, chodaddy15 said:

My PHEV Premium has been built since April 23rd. Delivery date has been pushed back every 4 days. Latest is May 18th. Is there a logistics issue I don't know about? Located in Ontario Canada

Your dealer can provide the current location and any hold ups. Our similar vehicle was built 28th April, shipped 30th April and is currently sitting at the CPR rail yard in Chicago, adjacent to the airport. Been there for over 1 week. The public tracker only provides the ETA range, but the dealer can provide a rail car number and current location.

Our ETA Vancouver is now 5th to 18th June, which could be 6 - 7+ weeks from leaving the factory to delivery. In comparison, my F-450 from KTP, which is only a few miles from LAP, only took 15 days last year from shipping to delivery in Metro Vancouver. Looks like the shipping is way slower this year than about the same time last year.

5 hours ago, chodaddy15 said:

I have a green built status. It has been on the Kentucky lot since April 23rd and still is. Chat nor Dealer can give any info other then an ETA which is always pushed back the day of ETA. My window sticker says convoy

First question I would ask my dealer, "Does it show as being released". This would show under secondary status. When our PHEV Premium was built on 28th April, my dealer sent a copy of the top level information available to dealers - primary status was Built, secondary status was released. Therefore the vehicle was built and the factory released it for shipping. Once shipped the primary status changes to "In Transit" and the secondary status provides routing updates.

If your vehicle is not released, the dealer will have access to the information that is preventing the release. They need to know where to look.

• Thanks 1

This is an example of what I receive from our dealer weekly. This is the top level of information and the dealer can drill down for additional updates. Note: this is a Canadian dealer, so the US system could have some differences. This info is readily available. Last week I met the salesman, who my Sales Manager assigns to us for the delivery, and on seeing me, he called up an update on his cell phone to show me. 

Status

ETA

Order No

Body Code

VIN   

Vehicle Line

Primary

Secondary

Vehicle Location

Status Date / Time

Start Date

End Date

ETA Disposition

A006

U0E

1FMCU0E10

Escape

In Transit

Received at Junction Point (Canadian Pacific Railway )          

Bensenvil, IL

May-03-2023, 10:26 CT

Jun-08-2023

Jun-14-2023

4 hours ago, PTofTheNorth said:

2023 Escape Hybrid Platinum (FHEV

Options: 

Start White Metallic Tri-Coat

Premium Technology Package

Panoramic Vista Roof

Order confirmed:       10/22/2022

Scheduled week of:   01/18/2023

In production:             03/07/2023

Built:                             04/11/2023

Shipped: waiting and waiting and waiting

- Chatted with Ford this week. They said shipping May 15

- Chatted with Ford a few weeks ago. They said:

Will be shipped by rail to the Oakville, Ontario Ford Plant

Then it convoyed out the the dealer

Why aren't you contacting your dealer for the reason for delays, as they have the latest information available 24/7.

When my Sales Manager was recently on holiday, I contact Ford chat and they couldn't provide any more information than was available on the public tracker. When my Sales Manager returned from holiday, he sent an update showing the latest status, with way more information than Ford chat provided

Edited by Rangers09

On 4/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, Robin Singh Nanda said:

My Escape 2023 PHEV premium package went into production today. Eagerly waiting for it to be built and shipping to Ontario, Canada. 
image.thumb.png.452588e102a3d656f99f88b284f2c40a.png

image.png.9ae74ffdcfc2ef92e9eba86614bbb4f4.png

My Escape 2023 PHEV premium package was built yesterday (May 12). It went in production on April 27. Eagerly waiting for it to be shipped to Ontario, Canada.

Screenshot_20230513-100532~2.png

9 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Why aren't you contacting your dealer for the reason for delays, as they have the latest information available 24/7.

When my Sales Manager was recently on holiday, I contact Ford chat and they couldn't provide any more information than was available on the public tracker. When my Sales Manager returned from holiday, he sent an update showing the latest status, with way more information than Ford chat provided

We have contacted the dealership a few times. We’ve dealt with the owner for the past 31 years and he has always been great at providing information. Unfortunately between the time we ordered and now the dealership has been sold. They seem a bit disorganized.  According the the salesman it should hav arrived at the dealer last week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robin Singh Nanda said:

My Escape 2023 PHEV premium package was built yesterday (May 12). It went in production on April 27. Eagerly waiting for it to be shipped to Ontario, Canada.

Screenshot_20230513-100532~2.png

Nice! My PHEV premium is in production right now. afaik, it only takes a few days to assemble so surprised your production took so long. On your window sticker, does it say rail or convoy as mode of transport. 

25 minutes ago, PTofTheNorth said:

We have contacted the dealership a few times. We’ve dealt with the owner for the past 31 years and he has always been great at providing information. Unfortunately between the time we ordered and now the dealership has been sold. They seem a bit disorganized.  According the the salesman it should hav arrived at the dealer last week.

Talk to the sales mgr not the salesperson.  Salespeople don’t usually have access to the vehicle tracking data (or just don’t bother).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, car_noob said:

Nice! My PHEV premium is in production right now. afaik, it only takes a few days to assemble so surprised your production took so long. On your window sticker, does it say rail or convoy as mode of transport. 

The status changed to "In production" on 27 April, not sure whether they actually started working on my car on the same date or not. On the status page it still mentions the date for "In production" as 11th May. My windows sticker mentions the mode of transport as Rail.

On 5/14/2023 at 1:43 AM, Robin Singh Nanda said:

The status changed to "In production" on 27 April, not sure whether they actually started working on my car on the same date or not. On the status page it still mentions the date for "In production" as 11th May. My windows sticker mentions the mode of transport as Rail.

Interesting, has there any further progress on your tracker (ie Shipped)? Also, just out of curiosity, when did you dealer estimate you'd be getting the car?

Edited by car_noob

8 hours ago, car_noob said:

Interesting, has there any further progress on your tracker (ie Shipped)? Also, just out of curiosity, when did you dealer estimate you'd be getting the car?

Yes, the status changed to shipped the next day. My dealer said that it usually takes around 3-4 weeks to reach Toronto, Canada. 

Screenshot_20230515-210239~2.png

Screenshot_20230515-210234~2.png

Interesting that various vehicles to the same area are being shipped by different methods.. In the comments on the tracking page, you mention "Built" but does it have any comment about it's status. I think when mine went to "Built" it also had "Waiting for Shipping"  or something like that.

I wonder if there are some things that might hold a vehicle in one of the staging areas to ship, that might keep it there. IE last quality check found a problem, and they need to resolve before shipping? Someone with inside knowledge have any insight?

and I wonder if the different methods of shipping has to do with the dealership's location in that area.. That just does not make logical sense if there is one port.. unless getting a car carrier to the rail port/ramp and then to the final destination is harder than just driving a car carrier from Kentucky to the final destination. And then again as I pondered before, do they wait until there are enough vehicles to move them, rather than send a truck with only one or two vehicles loaded on..

10 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Did everyone get price protection from when you placed your order?

From what my dealer told me, It was in place for my order. The price protection in my case is guaranteed by my dealership, so after the sale, the Dealership gets payment from the lender for the vehicle, in this case Ford Mo Co. and then they (dealership) disperses the funds to me. Expecting 945.00 returned.

52 minutes ago, Aguy said:

I would never purchase a vehicle without agreeing the price before signing the order. So yes, the price we agreed is the price I will pay. The dealer applies to Ford for any difference between price level at order and price level on the invoice. This has been discussed extensively over the past couple of years and Ice Capades used to post the price increase notification to dealers, which clearly stated all retail orders were price protected. For a dealer to state otherwise is BS.

With my F-450 last year, the Finance Manager actually wanted $550 less than what we agreed. I pointed out that she forgot to add the cost of the locally applied LineX coating in the bed.

49 minutes ago, dchan said:

Interesting that various vehicles to the same area are being shipped by different methods.. In the comments on the tracking page, you mention "Built" but does it have any comment about it's status. I think when mine went to "Built" it also had "Waiting for Shipping"  or something like that.

I wonder if there are some things that might hold a vehicle in one of the staging areas to ship, that might keep it there. IE last quality check found a problem, and they need to resolve before shipping? Someone with inside knowledge have any insight?

and I wonder if the different methods of shipping has to do with the dealership's location in that area.. That just does not make logical sense if there is one port.. unless getting a car carrier to the rail port/ramp and then to the final destination is harder than just driving a car carrier from Kentucky to the final destination. And then again as I pondered before, do they wait until there are enough vehicles to move them, rather than send a truck with only one or two vehicles loaded on..

Delayed shipping was a common issue with Super Dutys most of last year. Lots of reasons and they changed weekly. At times tens of thousands were built and parked offsite awaiting parts - chips were a common reason, I remember "Ford" name badges causing shipping delays for a number of weeks last year, door handles and lots of others.

"

On 5/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, akirby said:

Talk to the sales mgr not the salesperson.  Salespeople don’t usually have access to the vehicle tracking data (or just don’t bother).

"Spoke with my GM... he reached out to management.

The vehicle has been built and released from the plant.... they don't have enough transport trucks vs Inventory to get it here in a quick timely manner.

It is waiting to get on a truck to our dealership... it is saying on the tracker May 19th.. it is a long weekend, hopefully it arrives over weekend."

So confused how some people who had their PHEVs built after me have had there's shipped. Southern Ontario.

Screenshot_20230516_112335_Chrome.jpg

24 minutes ago, chodaddy15 said:

"

"Spoke with my GM... he reached out to management.

The vehicle has been built and released from the plant.... they don't have enough transport trucks vs Inventory to get it here in a quick timely manner.

It is waiting to get on a truck to our dealership... it is saying on the tracker May 19th.. it is a long weekend, hopefully it arrives over weekend."

So confused how some people who had their PHEVs built after me have had there's shipped. Southern Ontario.

Screenshot_20230516_112335_Chrome.jpg

I hear you... My ST-Line Select hybrid was apparently built at the end of March and still hasn't shipped.  Patience required.  In Southwestern Ontario.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Aguy said:

Ford price protection is a decades long policy and is automatic and applicable unless Ford issues an exception notice in advance. 

The Dealer Invoice and Window Sticker is created using the prices in effect at the time of vehicle production. The price protection is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer requiring the Dealer to submit a price protection claim. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chodaddy15 said:

IDK about anyone else, but I interpret the single-word non-descript status of "Shipped" to mean, "Under the control of the Shipping department." The factory has done all their checks, if any rework was needed, it's been completed, everything is good, and the vehicle has been passed along to Shipping. The build step can take variable amounts of time, but once the status changes to Shipped, Manufacturing won't be touching it any more.

Once it comes under the purview of Shipping, then the work starts of figuring out how to get it to its final destination. Obviously, that's highly dependent on where it is going.