2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

And I learned that in my case, according to customer support, instead of the raising of the MSRP by 1000.00 (as was scheduled), they only raised it by 945.00 to account for a 55.00 credit for removal of the hands free foot activated power lift gate. So it was not reflected in a "credit back" but as a discounted MSRP increase.

If that makes any sense?!?!

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

Once it comes under the purview of Shipping, then the work starts of figuring out how to get it to its final destination. Obviously, that's highly dependent on where it is going. 

And from what I can surmise judging by all the variances in how vehicles have been getting shipped even to a similar area, a lot depends on how many vehicles are going to a particular area in a specific amount of time. If they can't get the benefit of filling a rail car carrier, without holding up an already close to full or full carrier, they might hold on to a vehicle for some time in order to wait for more vehicles, or maybe if a convoy carrier needs a couple vehicles to be filled, they might opt to put it on one of those, rather than wait for an opening on a rail car. I'm sure it's all about if they can get the vehicle to you before a specific promised date, balanced against the cost of shipping something at a greatly inflated price due to lack of transportation. Couple that with the lack of long haul truck drivers, who knows what price pressures are in play there.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:08 PM, Robin Singh Nanda said:

Congratulations. Where are you located? I am from Ontario, Canada. The expected delivery date is June 20th.

I am in Ontario as well but very close to Toronto. Also, my order has shipped and the expected date delivery is June 9 - 15! 

Not much action here? I picked mine up on Friday and I am loving it! I was able to get the dealer to give me the 0%/36 month financing but it took some stubbornness on my end and it was only after I said I will just pay cash did they 'realize' there was 0% available.

I am still pushing for the price protection. They seemed completely unfamiliar with the process...is anyone willing to PM me the contact info for their dealer if they gave you price protection? Maybe I can tell mine to call someone who knows how to do it....

Interesting, Aguy where are you located? Is this 0%/36 months deal a USA only thing? Let me know. :)

2 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Not much action here? I picked mine up on Friday and I am loving it! I was able to get the dealer to give me the 0%/36 month financing but it took some stubbornness on my end and it was only after I said I will just pay cash did they 'realize' there was 0% available.

I am still pushing for the price protection. They seemed completely unfamiliar with the process...is anyone willing to PM me the contact info for their dealer if they gave you price protection? Maybe I can tell mine to call someone who knows how to do it....

I just had to talk to the F&I guy and showed them the Ford offer from "Ford Authority" and they looked it up. 36 MO, 0%

The extended warr, they tried to offer me that at 5500.. I told them I would get my own with gap insurance and they then offered it to me for 2700 and gave me a 500 credit to make it 2200. Better than I had found otherwise so I was able to take that as well, and added it to the financing so it's 0% as well.

You just have to know your numbers so you know what you can bargain for.

This website will have all the Ford MOCO info regarding what offerings Ford and Ford credit are offering.

https://fordauthority.com/category/ford/escape/

16 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Price protection should have been in place when you ordered the vehicle.

Search back in this forum. Ice-Capades put some info about that earlier. The way my dealership explained it to me is that when you purchase the vehicle with financing, they have to wait for the Ford Credit, to send them (The dealership) the payment for the vehicle, and then the dealership gives you the refund of the difference.

On 5/17/2023 at 10:14 AM, ice-capades said:

Ford price protection is a decades long policy and is automatic and applicable unless Ford issues an exception notice in advance. 

The Dealer Invoice and Window Sticker is created using the prices in effect at the time of vehicle production. The price protection is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer requiring the Dealer to submit a price protection claim. 

Here's what ice-capades posted.

8 hours ago, dchan said:

I just had to talk to the F&I guy and showed them the Ford offer from "Ford Authority" and they looked it up. 36 MO, 0%

The extended warr, they tried to offer me that at 5500.. I told them I would get my own with gap insurance and they then offered it to me for 2700 and gave me a 500 credit to make it 2200. Better than I had found otherwise so I was able to take that as well, and added it to the financing so it's 0% as well.

You just have to know your numbers so you know what you can bargain for.

This website will have all the Ford MOCO info regarding what offerings Ford and Ford credit are offering.

https://fordauthority.com/category/ford/escape/

Was that cheaper than what's available online from Granger, Zeigler or some of the other dealers? They often sell the warranty for $50 over cost.

Finally... "Big things are happening right now. We are excited to let you know your 2023 Escape ST-Line Elite has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of July 17, 2023."

Order was accepted last November.  Priority code was 10.  I didn't bug my sales manager to push it through any earlier... wanted to see how long it would take without intervention!

^^^ how long does it take for tracker to update after getting a VIN?  Just got it today with the Thursday scheduling... but build week isn't showing in the tracker yet, still at order confirmation. 

Edited by CoolScoop

10 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

^^^ how long does it take for tracker to update after getting a VIN?  Just got it today with the Thursday scheduling... but build week isn't showing in the tracker yet, still at order confirmation. 

The status page for yours should update within a couple business days and show the "Scheduled week of" date.

For many in this thread, it seems like the next update after that is when your car is actually given a slot on an assembly line. The "Scheduled week of" date may move around a bit, but when it's actually given an assembly slot, that's when they generate your window sticker. The status page will update and an image of the window sticker becomes available at the link for it. For most of us, that seems to be happening about 3-4 weeks before the car actually gets built. For you, that would be 3rd or 4th week of June. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

The status page for yours should update within a couple business days and show the "Scheduled week of" date.

For many in this thread, it seems like the next update after that is when your car is actually given a slot on an assembly line. The "Scheduled week of" date may move around a bit, but when it's actually given an assembly slot, that's when they generate your window sticker. The status page will update and an image of the window sticker becomes available at the link for it. For most of us, that seems to be happening about 3-4 weeks before the car actually gets built. For you, that would be 3rd or 4th week of June. 

The Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are not created until just prior to the vehicle's production and are created using the specifications and prices in effect at the time of production. 

Edited by ice-capades

13 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

Most orders are initially schedule to week, although some, as per my F-450 order, are scheduled directly "Scheduled to day"

The public tracker only states, "Scheduled to Week" which is normally the Monday of the week they plan to build your vehicle. Once you get closer to the build week, your order will be "Scheduled to Day", being assigned a specific build day. Since the public tracker only states Scheduled to Week, you can get the correct information from your dealer, who has 24/7 access to the latest information. Once my dealer advised our recent Escape order had been scheduled to a specific day, the tracker updated the following day, showing that date, but still the heading stated "Scheduled to Week"

All 4 of our retail orders at KTP & LAP have gone "Into Production" at 7 - 9 days before the build date, which is when the order is sent to the plant. My window sticker was available the following day, although at times the public tracker takes an extra day. It was still available or 3rd party viewers the day after it was sent to production. Our recent Escape PHEV was in production 7-days before the build date.

As with all stages of the order, your dealer has way more information available than the public tracker.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Right, but how does a dealer submit a price protection claim??

That is an internal Ford/Dealer process. I pay the dealer what we agreed at time of order and he submits a claim to Ford for the difference between the price code at time of order and billing.

Personally, I don't care how the internal process works, as I'm only interested in the amount we agreed upon at time of order. I'll suggest, if the dealer states they don't know about price protection, they are lying.

32 minutes ago, Aguy said:

The price protection is automatic and is an internal accounting matter between Ford and the Dealer. Your Dealer knows what the process is and how to submit the claim. 

55 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Same way they have for decades.  Not your circus not your monkeys.

You guys need to stop thinking you’re buying from Ford and start documenting and holding the dealer accountable for pricing.  What the dealer pays is irrelevant to what you pay.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

That is an internal Ford/Dealer process. I pay the dealer what we agreed at time of order and he submits a claim to Ford for the difference between the price code at time of order and billing.

Personally, I don't care how the internal process works, as I'm only interested in the amount we agreed upon at time of order. I'll suggest, if the dealer states they don't know about price protection, they are lying.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Same way they have for decades.  Not your circus not your monkeys.

You guys need to stop thinking you’re buying from Ford and start documenting and holding the dealer accountable for pricing.  What the dealer pays is irrelevant to what you pay.

It may depend upon your circumstances and the dealer. When I bought my Mach E(I paid cash-no trade-in), the price protection difference was refunded to me by the dealer at a later date when they received it from Ford. 8 months later when I picked up my Escape PHEV I had a trade in and they incorporated the difference right then and there and I used 36 month 0% financing for the balance.

My order confirmation was November 16th.  I later recieved the $1000 customer cash offer for placing a retail order before April 3rd.  There was no start date listed on the offer so I stopped in to see my sales manager to see if my order was eligible.  He said there was a start date on the offer and it was something like January 2nd so i would have to reorder to be eligible, but he advised keeping my original order to stay in queue because the price level had also changed and the base price of the ST Elite Hybrid had gone up... you guessed it, exactly $1000.  So the deal would be the same and my place in line would slip if I reordered.  He gave me an updated order summary that had the price increase, but the order date was unchaged and he said my original xplan price level was protected. Wondering if anyone who ordered last year was able to get the $1000 retail order customer cash offer without reordering?

Edited by CoolScoop

1 hour ago, sgriffin130 said:

It may depend upon your circumstances and the dealer. When I bought my Mach E(I paid cash-no trade-in), the price protection difference was refunded to me by the dealer at a later date when they received it from Ford. 8 months later when I picked up my Escape PHEV I had a trade in and they incorporated the difference right then and there and I used 36 month 0% financing for the balance.

No, it only depends on what you allow the dealer to get away with.   Even if the dealer offers MSRP, you have them write down the current MSRP and that’s your price and it shouldn’t change.  It doesn’t matter what Ford does with MSRP after that because the dealer ends up paying the same price that was in effect at order time.  How that works is strictly between the dealer and Ford.  

What happens is people just assume they’ll get MSRP without clarifying it or getting it in writing and then the dealer either slaps on ADMs along with the price increase or they just say we don’t know what the original MSRP was (which is true that Ford doesn’t provide it only the current pricing) but that’s exactly why you need to get it in writing.  Boom here’s your price.  No arguments, no waiting for months to get a refund.  Doesn’t matter how long it takes.  You pay the price you agreed on period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgriffin130 said:

I concur it is subject to the dealer, specifically their level of customer service. I have purchased an F-350 SRW, F-350 DRW, F-450 and now the Escape PHEV, all bought with cash. On deals involving a rade-in, we agreed the trade-in value at time of order and it was guaranteed until delivery.  When I sign the order I know the exact price I will pay, including documentation fee and taxes. All were retail orders from the same Sales Manager at 2 different dealerships. He provides exceptional customer service, so the price agreed is the price paid. The dealer submits the required paperwork to Ford to cover the difference.

The customer is never inconvenienced by internal Ford/Dealer issues.

If a dealer charged me extra and I waited 8 months for the refund, it would be the last time I ever walked into their sales or service departments.

• Like 3