2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

2 hours ago, Elguapo99 said:

My PHEV Premium has been "In Production" since 2/10. Dealer has no additional updates but enrolled me to receive texts from the system when the status changes. Nothing but crickets from Ford since the last update on 2/10.

The VVR probably shows "In Production" as the primary status, I suggest asking your dealer if the VVR includes any secondary status. In production means the order has been sent to the plant and doesn't always mean the vehicle has started on the line. If some expected components didn't arrive, as expected, your build is delayed. The vehicle can also be built, but stored off site waiting for parts, which will have it remain showing in production.

However, in the VVR, the secondary status often explains the delays.

Personally, I have never received anything from Ford with 4 special orders, as I purchase from my dealer's Sales Manager, he provides all updates.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, Elguapo99 said:

My PHEV Premium has been "In Production" since 2/10. Dealer has no additional updates but enrolled me to receive texts from the system when the status changes. Nothing but crickets from Ford since the last update on 2/10.

Just received a text message from VinView that reads "Update: Plant Trim Line Start (230)" so it looks like production may actually be happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elguapo99 said:

Just received a text message from VinView that reads "Update: Plant Trim Line Start (230)" so it looks like production may actually be happening.

What is VinView, something through dealers? I assume you can only get alerts once the build process has started?

56 minutes ago, chaddy0122 said:

What is VinView, something through dealers? I assume you can only get alerts once the build process has started?

As I posted on 10/17/2022, VINView replaced the Vehicle Visibility reporting system as of 10/25/2022. Vehicle Visibility was deactivated as of 02/01/2023.

VINView Vehicle Tracking Platform to Replace Vehicle Visibility

ACTION REQUESTED
 VINView will be live on October 25th.

SUMMARY
As part of Inventory Reframing, we are pleased to launch a modernized, more informative and more functional vehicle tracking platform to improve dealer's ability to manage inventory and to improve the customer experience.

VINView provides users an innovative look and feel while including key functionality upgrades such as customized dashboards for each user, searches for better sales planning based on inventory arrivals, vehicle logistics mapping with coordinates, text/e-mail notifications on vehicles, and enhanced Excel report downloads. Additionally, these improvements will enhance the ability to sell from the pipeline to increase turn rates while also providing better line of sight to the status of retail orders, also crucial to operating at a lower days’ supply and to drive sales velocity.

DECOMMISSIONING OF VEHICLE VISIBILITY
Vehicle Visibility will be decommissioned February 1, 2023; thereby, providing ample time to transition to VINView.

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Elguapo99 said:

Does the average person have access to this, or is this a dealer only dashboard?>

Anyone have any insight about the shortage of Vista moon roofs?

My truck is scheduled for April 20th

Does that mean they have one for me since its scheduled, or could i move to unscheduled, or worse yet they build without a vista roof.

has anyone seen their truck built with a Vista Roof?

19 hours ago, escape20 said:

Anyone have any insight about the shortage of Vista moon roofs?

My truck is scheduled for April 20th

Does that mean they have one for me since its scheduled, or could i move to unscheduled, or worse yet they build without a vista roof.

has anyone seen their truck built with a Vista Roof?

When the roof shortage was posted, our PHEV scheduling info was deleted again and status reverted to In Order Processing. Last week it was re-scheduled to 20th April and then a couple of days ago moved ahead to 19th April. Although they probably won't have the roofs currently in stock, they expect to have the roofs and other materials by that date. Our orders should be built fairly close. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

When the roof shortage was posted, our PHEV scheduling info was deleted again and status reverted to In Order Processing. Last week it was re-scheduled to 20th April and then a couple of days ago moved ahead to 19th April. Although they probably won't have the roofs currently in stock, they expect to have the roofs and other materials by that date. Our orders should be built fairly close. 

My premium has a sunroof, originally scheduled for mid-Feb but was just built this Monday/Tuesday according to the online tracker. The window sticker still includes the sunroof so I assume that means it will have it. 

• Like 1