2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

6 hours ago, dchan said:

Nice.

Mine left Louisville via Rail on 4/20 I was able to track it to Blue Island just outside of Chicago when I surmise the Rail car was transferred to Burlington Northern Santa Fe. The last notification/update on the tracking website was 4/25 with no details except for an ETA to the dealership of 5/16-5/23.. Judging by a pretty consistent delay of updates on the website, I am guessing it probably ended up leaving Blue Island a day or two earlier than the 4/25 update.

I found a schedule and map for Burlington Northern and they estimate 8 days from Blue Island, IL to Richmond, CA so I'm hoping for an early delivery as well but who knows.

I think Aguy is in Southern CA and if both our rail cars are in the same train, he should get his right before me. I can hope!

That's some good research. My ship date was April 16th, and I am still getting an ETA of 5/11 to 5/24

What color did you get?

Vapor blue.
I would bet your’s is only a few days away then. Ship 4/16 should have transferred to BNSF 2-3 days later 4/18-4/20. 7-8 days blue Island to LA port and a couple days to offload and xfer to dealer.  

Fingers crossed for you too

11 hours ago, dchan said:

On the bottom of your window sticker it should have method of shipping. Where are you located?

It says convoy! 

im also only about five hour drive from Louisville so I don’t imagine they are putting it on a train. I live in Chicago 

My order status changed to In Production yesterday. The window sticker was available this morning. The blend date is given as 05/12. PHEV Premium w/ tow pkg, Atlas Blue w/ Space Gray interior, heading to WA state. Order date was 11/21/2022. Mine says "convoy" too.

Edited by MrCurvedLimos

15 hours ago, dchan said:

Vapor blue.
I would bet your’s is only a few days away then. Ship 4/16 should have transferred to BNSF 2-3 days later 4/18-4/20. 7-8 days blue Island to LA port and a couple days to offload and xfer to dealer.  

Fingers crossed for you too

Thanks. My dealer said it should be here within a week but I do not know how accurate their information is. 

1 hour ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

My order status changed to In Production yesterday. The window sticker was available this morning. The blend date is given as 05/12. PHEV Premium w/ tow pkg, Atlas Blue w/ Space Gray interior, heading to WA state. Order date was 11/21/2022. Mine says "convoy" too.

The vast majority of vehicles are shipped by rail until being loaded onto a car carrier for delivery after arriving at the final rail destination. Initially, some vehicles may be shipped short distances by car carriers to be loaded onto rail cars at a rail facility away from the plant property. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aguy said:

Thanks. My dealer said it should be here within a week but I do not know how accurate their information is. 

Maybe I have it backwards. 

https://www.bnsf.com/bnsf.was6/goaltp/cntrl/icqry

using this page it appears Los Angeles from Blue Island is actually longer. Either they take different routes or if they are all pulled using the same train with them dropping/adding rail cars along the way, then maybe they use the northern route to travel east to west. 

blue Island to Richmond CA is 8-9 days 

Edited by dchan

I ordered a Platinum Hybrid on 21 Nov22 - Production 3-31-2023  - Built 4-11-23 and still not shipped - going to MD - any guesses why it is still sitting at the plant- dealer sez be patient - Ford Customer Support has no clue. 

Edited by Turtle

DW's 23 Escape PHEV premium with panoramic roof was scheduled for build on 21st April, but was delayed until 28th April. I noted the modules were populated in the afternoon of the 28th and the tracker update on the 29th showing it as built, awaiting shipping.

Our Sales Manager just returned from holiday and sent an update showing it is released and awaiting shipping, with an ETA (Vancouver, BC) of 8th to 14th June. Since our dealer's average is 23 days from Louisville and my F-450 made it in 15 days last year, i'm hoping for delivery a little sooner.

I went to see my truck today. It actually arrived Friday night -  4 months to the day when i placed my order.

Came pretty from the plant Left the plant 4/22 and arrived in NJ 4/28

It came off the train the evening of 4/27 and went right on a truck to the dealer.

Dealer ship was closed so i just have outside pics of Vapor blue.

It looks nothing like the pre-production models shows, and nothing like the color on the ford website.

My dealer also had pant samples back in December, and it looks nothing like those either.

It looks just like the Mustang Vapor Blue.

I hope to pick up Thursday or Saturday.

The lease rates are through the roof, the interest rate is 9% on the money,

Ford is crying no one is leasing, but they jacked up the leasing price.

I am going to have to purchase and not lease First time since 2005

2923 Escape 4.jpeg

2023 Escape 3.jpeg

2023 Escape 1.jpeg

2023 Escape 2.jpeg

2023 Escape.jpeg

That looks closer to the “iced blue” from 2022. The original color I was thinking about ordering and ended up getting dropped, so I opted for the vapor blue. I like it if that is the color! 

for me, I am really hoping they continue to extend the financing. According to my dealer they are still offering the 0% 36 month financing in my market. Since I luckily am in the position to be able to afford those payments, that’s free money! 
fingers crossed for a delivery soon! 

That Vapor Blue looks gray, but I am guessing it really pops in the sun. 

Ford should be offering 0% for 36 months. If that's the case then that is what I am going for. Otherwise I will have to pay cash for it. I refuse to pay anymore than 3% for financing. 

Finally, have an update on the tracking system. Went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" on April 28th. Still no window sticker, but I am able to verify that the moon roof and hands-free, liftgate are still included in my order and build.  Fingers crossed I will have a window sticker soon. 

image.png.2a3bdc13d7883f93571acc0969c5b516.png

59 minutes ago, irisheyes_13 said:

Finally, have an update on the tracking system. Went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" on April 28th. Still no window sticker, but I am able to verify that the moon roof and hands-free, liftgate are still included in my order and build.  Fingers crossed I will have a window sticker soon. 

image.png.2a3bdc13d7883f93571acc0969c5b516.png

Window Stickers are not generated until just before the vehicle goes into production. 

44 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Window Stickers are not generated until just before the vehicle goes into production. 

That you for the information, I was not sure when the window sticker was available.  Hopefully, this vehicle won't have any issues since it is being built right after Memorial Day.  The last Escape I got had a few issues that stemmed from the factory. 

50 minutes ago, irisheyes_13 said:

That you for the information, I was not sure when the window sticker was available.  Hopefully, this vehicle won't have any issues since it is being built right after Memorial Day.  The last Escape I got had a few issues that stemmed from the factory. 

The Window Stickers are generated just before the vehicle goes into production so that it accurately reflects the latest vehicle specifications and pricing. 

13 hours ago, escape20 said:

I went to see my truck today. It actually arrived Friday night -  4 months to the day when i placed my order.

Came pretty from the plant Left the plant 4/22 and arrived in NJ 4/28

It came off the train the evening of 4/27 and went right on a truck to the dealer.

Dealer ship was closed so i just have outside pics of Vapor blue.

It looks nothing like the pre-production models shows, and nothing like the color on the ford website.

My dealer also had pant samples back in December, and it looks nothing like those either.

It looks just like the Mustang Vapor Blue.

I hope to pick up Thursday or Saturday.

The lease rates are through the roof, the interest rate is 9% on the money,

Ford is crying no one is leasing, but they jacked up the leasing price.

I am going to have to purchase and not lease First time since 2005

2923 Escape 4.jpeg

2023 Escape 3.jpeg

2023 Escape 1.jpeg

2023 Escape 2.jpeg

2023 Escape.jpeg

Mine (PHEV)is also Vapor blue and, depending on the light, looks grey or blue/grey. I love the color. I had PPF installed on the front and ceramic coating on the rest since it will be outside most of the time. (I keep my Mach E in the garage.) I usually pay cash, but opted for 36 month 0% financing and will see how the market goes. I installed Thinkware cameras, front and rear, on my Mach E, but am just going to install the FITCAMX front camera integrated with the mirror on this one. I think everyone will love this car!

While I like the Vapor Blue it is like a chameleon and seems to be different in every image I see.  Below is some images of my 2023 Escape in Vapor Blue along with my 2020 Escape in Blue Metallic.   In Michigan where days of sunshine are few and far between, they look pretty similar.   First image is both of them.  Second image is the 2023 Escape.  Third image is the 2020 Escape. 

Maybe in the sun the color would be lighter but need one of those to check it out =].

20230501_085137 - Copy.jpg

20230501_085145 - Copy.jpg

20230501_085159 - Copy.jpg

Edited by TJJ707

2 hours ago, dchan said:

Well that’s interesting.  The status on the shop ford vehicle tracking page still shows delivery eta. 5/13-5/22 however the last update shows 5/1 (today).  

nothing else seemed to change.  

Is the status tracker still showing a green dot at shipped.or.is their a checkmark?