2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Who knows what algorithm and information is being used. 

Mine (Platinum Hybrid AWD almost fully loaded) was order confirmed September 27 2022
On December 15th was notified that the build is  scheduled for week of Feb 20.
On January 17th, I was then notified that the build had been moved to week of Feb 27.
My dealer then notified me on Feb 13th  that the date had been moved to week of March 7th
When the announcement came out for the LAP shutdown I went and looked at the tracker and it had been moved to March 14th
and today it's blank.

Oh well, Fingers crossed that once they get the issue ironed out, that they will be able to catch up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SgtLip said:

UPDATE. 22 February 2023

I checked the Tracker this morning and I was still Scheduled for 3/15/2023.

I just checked again and it is GONE!!! Nothing. A Big Blank spot. ??

So what does this mean? They announced this morning another week of down time but 3/15 was still showing. The week delay should not have hurt my date. But now they scratched it completely. Does that mean the software issue is more difficult than they thought?

AMAZING!!!  

UPDATE  23 February 2023

Just went and checked the Tracker and my Hybrid has been Scheduled for 3/22/2023.

Lets hope they can keep this date.

21 hours ago, SgtLip said:

UPDATE  23 February 2023

Just went and checked the Tracker and my Hybrid has been Scheduled for 3/22/2023.

Lets hope they can keep this date.

I just read on Ford Authority that the software issue has been resolved and that they plan to start production again March 6th.  So I'm sure there is going to be another shuffle in our scheduled build dates until they really get up and going with production.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chaddy0122 said:

I just read on Ford Authority that the software issue has been resolved and that they plan to start production again March 6th.  So I'm sure there is going to be another shuffle in our scheduled build dates until they really get up and going with production.

@chaddy0122 I received the Ford Authority email this morning and that article wasn't included in my email. So what happened to the 2/27 resume date? If in fact they resume building on 3/6, I sure hope they don't slip it anymore. Thanks for the update.

30 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

@chaddy0122 I received the Ford Authority email this morning and that article wasn't included in my email. So what happened to the 2/27 resume date? If in fact they resume building on 3/6, I sure hope they don't slip it anymore. Thanks for the update.

Yeah I don't know.  Maybe they are taking next week to do a flash update on all of the vehicles they have already produced?  My build date was 2/27, pushed to 3/7 and then 3/16 and yesterday disappeared.  

28 minutes ago, chaddy0122 said:

Yeah I don't know.  Maybe they are taking next week to do a flash update on all of the vehicles they have already produced?  My build date was 2/27, pushed to 3/7 and then 3/16 and yesterday disappeared.  

@chaddy0122 As I posted earlier, last night and early this morning my Build was Re-Scheduled to 3/22. 

Just checked again and it's still 3/22. Having said that they have been changing it late afternoon most of the time. So I'll watch it today to see if in fact it does change.

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

@chaddy0122 As I posted earlier, last night and early this morning my Build was Re-Scheduled to 3/22. 

Just checked again and it's still 3/22. Having said that they have been changing it late afternoon most of the time. So I'll watch it today to see if in fact it does change.

My ST-Line Elite has been produced according to my Dealer and Ford customer service but the tracker still says in Production and the status has not changed since 1/30. What determines an update to the tracker?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EcapeHybridGuy said:

My ST-Line Elite has been produced according to my Dealer and Ford customer service but the tracker still says in Production and the status has not changed since 1/30. What determines an update to the tracker?  

@EcapeHybridGuy Not really sure as I've NEVER been successful in ordering and having Ford build my vehicle. I ordered a 22 Maverick Hybrid and it was NEVER built. Every now and then Ford will send me an email saying they are still trying to get it scheduled. But I know they aren't.

My only "guess" is Built. That is the next tick on the Tracker. But you say it is Built. So after that is Shipped. So I can only guess it is built but because of the software hold they haven't classified it Built yet until they flash the software after 3/6 when they open up again. But it is all a guess at this point.

Edited by SgtLip

2 hours ago, EcapeHybridGuy said:

The most accurate update is the VVR report (or new system) that is available to your dealer 24/7. While the primary status shows the vehicle is built, did you ask the dealer if it has any secondary information - hold for parts, released for shipping, etc. If you are still showing "In Production", it might be built, but requires the software re-flash.

When my F-450 was built last year, it didn't show "Built" until it had been released for shipping and the tracker was often about 1 day behind the info received from my dealer.

• Like 1

Well I spent all morning looking for a decent price for a '22 PHEV or Hybrid. I did not see anything below MSRP or below resale value; and what was available is the standard fleet white trim with no adaptive cruise control or something with 40,000 miles on it. To me it makes no sense to save $5,000 to get a used '22 model rather than wait for my pre-order.

I really don't mind the wait but with the electric/phev credit being up in the air it is adding some unneeded anxiety to this purchase. Also my trade in value for my current car is bouncing all over the place....

50 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Well I spent all morning looking for a decent price for a '22 PHEV or Hybrid. I did not see anything below MSRP or below resale value; and what was available is the standard fleet white trim with no adaptive cruise control or something with 40,000 miles on it. To me it makes no sense to save $5,000 to get a used '22 model rather than wait for my pre-order.

I really don't mind the wait but with the electric/phev credit being up in the air it is adding some unneeded anxiety to this purchase. Also my trade in value for my current car is bouncing all over the place....

@Aguy I know what you mean. I can't even get the dealer to give me a quote on my car to know if I want to use it as a trade in or shop around to get the best cash amount for it. It's a 2 year old Lexus Hybrid fully loaded and Lexus offered me below KBB Trade-In value. They sad the amounts were going down. But now they are headed back up. So I'm wondering if Lexus won't give me a good number, will a Ford Dealer? So I wait to find out. I just may use Carvanna to sell it if they'll give me a good number. 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:08 PM, EcapeHybridGuy said:

I'm in the exact same boat. According to the dealer it was built that week, but nothing has changed since. It sounds like a hold for the software update mentioned in the articles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uucuu3 said:

I'm in the exact same boat. According to the dealer it was built that week, but nothing has changed since. It sounds like a hold for the software update mentioned in the articles.

Where are you located?  When did you order?  I just hope mine gets released soon. I was in a car accident last month in my '22 Hybrid. One of the parts is on indefinite backorder. It will be a toss up as to if my '23 gets delivered before my '22 is repaired. 

• Sad 1

Great news on checking the tracker this morning, as DW's 2023 PHEV is showing scheduled to week of 27th March. Hopefully that's an indication LAP is resuming production next week.

Anyone else, who was unscheduled a couple of weeks ago,  seeing a week being re-assigned to their orders.

1 hour ago, dchan said:

Yup. That’s the one that is not updated yet. Scheduled. 2/20

Changed to 2/27

date pulled

date updated to 3/7

date pulled

date changed to 3/15

date pulled again (and still nothing as of noon today)

And just like that it’s been updated. 

now the shop ford tracking site shows week ending march 31. (Or week of March 27)

again fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Great news on checking the tracker this morning, as DW's 2023 PHEV is showing scheduled to week of 27th March. Hopefully that's an indication LAP is resuming production next week.

Anyone else, who was unscheduled a couple of weeks ago,  seeing a week being re-assigned to their orders.

@Rangers09 My Build was Scheduled for 3/22, As of 2/23. It has remained that way since. I checked a few minutes ago and it is now Scheduled for 3/21 but the As of date is still 2/23. Hopefully they are just tweaking the schedule now anticipating the restart. 

some where I read that the first "notification" is "week of"  then as they get closer, and the system gets tweaked to an actual day the build is scheduled to start.

So in My case, the Dealer had notified me week of March 27 (Monday) and now the website shows build start date of 3/31

I wonder if that's the case for SgtLip's as well. refining the date?

Edited by dchan

1 hour ago, dchan said:

some where I read that the first "notification" is "week of"  then as they get closer, and the system gets tweaked to an actual day the build is scheduled to start.

So in My case, the Dealer had notified me week of March 27 (Monday) and now the website shows build start date of 3/31

I wonder if that's the case for SgtLip's as well. refining the date?

?