Forget Chips, Running Out of Emblems

Season 1, Episode 1 of the cars that built America describes how founder Henry Ford laid the blueprints for what was to be the largest manufacturing plant in the world, the River Rouge Plant. Bring all the raw materials in the back door, the finished product comes out the front!  Do it again Ford!  You can't rely on outside suppliers anymore! Let's wake up!

Windshield wiper motors are so scarce for a superduty. People are paying $400 for USED units. We have 2 trucks sidelined because we cant get the motors. I would trade 4 emblems for a wiper motor, any takers?

I cant believe things have gotten to this point........

Matt

• Sad 1

Ford seems to have been most effected by this, across all lines. The city where I live has had several PIUs on order since the beginning of the year that have the delivery continually pushed back. Theyt went ahead and ordered some Durangos and 6 to 8 weeks later they had them. Same thing for 3/4 and one ton trucks, where they always had Fords in the past they now have GMCs (and one of the Chevy/Isuzu cabovers). I have been seeing this more often in the last few months.