2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

51 minutes ago, Evanl said:

I really want to know more about the high output version of the power stroke. Hopefully they release that information soon.

2023 Super Duty - New 6.8L V7 & New High-Output 6.7L Power Stroke V8

Serving Customer Demand with Two New Engines.pdf

Serving Customer Demand with Two New Engines.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2

I will say that I’m happy they put the camera in the tailgate. I’ve never had cameras until I got my 22 and the first time I had the tailgate down I  had a panic attack thinking I had backed into something when I saw the screen. That has taken some time getting used to even though I don’t use the cameras.

Can’t wait to see the full specs and order guide when it comes out!

I don’t like the steps built into the truck. The tailgate step was fine. I hope the cameras are better on the new model. I would order a 23 since the 22 is just ok but they got rid of Atlas Blue. Time to go back to a Ram. Ford is a huge disappointment so far. I really regret selling a Ram to get a Ford. 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, ice-capades said:

Sure but there seems to be quite a few things that won't be available until "Spring 2023".  That is going to suck for folks that get skipped for MY22 and are hoping to get something early in '23. 

On 9/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

I'm sure I'll mess with the build and price utility when its available to see the price and configurations.  If Ford makes the Lariat Ultimate package available with the HO 6.7 in a super cab I'd consider getting a 23 if the trade in value was acceptable on my 22.

You'll make money on the trade. I ordered 2 MY22 250s. I ordered an XL early February and a loaded Lariat at the end of February. Both crew cab, 8' bed and 'zilla. Got the Lariat in June and traded it 3 weeks later (long story) for a profit. 

I'm waiting for my XL still (in production since mid-September) and will probably drive that until my MY23 is built. Order early and by the time you have it, you'll get the plan discount plus any profit due to a raise in MSRP during your wait. 

17 hours ago, THASS said:

You'll make money on the trade. I ordered 2 MY22 250s. I ordered an XL early February and a loaded Lariat at the end of February. Both crew cab, 8' bed and 'zilla. Got the Lariat in June and traded it 3 weeks later (long story) for a profit. 

I'm waiting for my XL still (in production since mid-September) and will probably drive that until my MY23 is built. Order early and by the time you have it, you'll get the plan discount plus any profit due to a raise in MSRP during your wait. 

If you are referring to the X-plan discount, you have a contract with Ford to keep it for 6 months.

5 hours ago, jhaber said:

Used truck market has fallen off a cliff. My new truck is supposed to be here next week. Ive gotten 3 different offers well below sticker for my current 2022 SRW. Trying to go back to the DRW but it doesnt look like its going to happen.

Yes it has, but will sales pick up towards the end of the year with little to no inventory available? Also, if Ford raises the price much on the 2023 the 2022's will retain more value. I think a lot of people including myself are in a wait and see mode, but that could change quickly.

I'm picking up a 22 on Tuesday and have not decided if I will sell the current truck I have and/or order a 2023. Probably won't decide until end of October or November.

• Like 1

I'm always somewhat surprised at the number of posters and customers that are waiting or taken delivery of 2022MY's and talking about ordering 2023MY's. They're by a large part the minority of customers that have the financial resources to buy a 2022MY vehicle to be traded-in or sold and to then buy a 2023MY vehicle. The economy and market conditions are changing quickly and the advantages that existed previously are disappearing as the economic and market conditions continue to deteriorate. Commodity, plant and supplier constraints will continue for the foreseeable future, along with possibly substantial price increases and increased financing costs that will all affect demand as the economic conditions overall change market behavior. 

• Like 3

I'll most likely be ordering a '23 due to my '22 order not being scheduled. With no SD scheduling next week, I can't see how it can happen. I'd like to stick with my Platinum order, but I suspect that the Platinum is a trim level that won't be available until the spring. I'm guessing it'll be next May or June, at best, before it might show up. That would put it at a year longer than I originally expected. I have to admit that I'm getting less and less excited about buying a new truck. The world was a whole different place when I ordered last December.

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'm always somewhat surprised at the number of posters and customers that are waiting or taken delivery of 2022MY's and talking about ordering 2023MY's. They're by a large part the minority of customers that have the financial resources to buy a 2022MY vehicle to be traded-in or sold and to then buy a 2023MY vehicle. The economy and market conditions are changing quickly and the advantages that existed previously are disappearing as the economic and market conditions continue to deteriorate. Commodity, plant and supplier constraints will continue for the foreseeable future, along with possibly substantial price increases and increased financing costs that will all affect demand as the economic conditions overall change market behavior. 

Do you have access to any data that would show the number of super duties produced per year for the last 10 or 20 years?

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

Do you have access to any data that would show the number of super duties produced per year for the last 10 or 20 years?

You may have success pouring through Ford's investor site, which should have monthly or quarterly sales data posted from their press releases.