2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Yes, they keyed it last night and I went by this morning and paid the deposit and edited it slightly.

I am fortunate to know the dealer and received priority 10 on this KR 450 build.

That will get bumped. It will be a Job 2. Dealer should have gave it a 99 for priority code. King Ranch, Platinum, Limited are all Job 2. So even though he gave you a 10, it will be job 2. I just hope that when dealers are doing this, it doesn't screw up the orders for those guys. And then they really get pushed out. 

Went to the dealer this afternoon, about 1530 Colorado time and went over the order guide with them.  They input into the Ford retail build system and printed it out for the inventory control person. 

The retail build system does not show the retractable corner step.  It does list the retractable side step twice.

The sales manager attempted to load it into the order system, but said that the Ford order system was overloaded and that he could not get in. He said the he would message me once the order is placed.

This will be the 2d Superduty that I have ordered. The rest I've purchased off the lot.

I did ask for a #10 also.

Looks like the X Plan savings isn't as much as it once was.  Attached is not what I ordered; it is what I spec'd out for a 2022. Delaer erred and did not enter what I dropped off yesterday,

Dealer.pdf

Edited by rottekatz1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford has reduced the markup from Invoice to MSRP so X plan won’t save as much,

On some cheaper models the difference is only a few hundred bucks.

Here is an example of a Limited.. 
There is almost 5K in savings with X Plan.

3289047B-9D40-45E4-B602-CA99C8F67C53.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 4x4ord said:

Are massage seats a thing of the past? I think I was fairly fortunate to get them on my 2022. I was hoping they would be more readily available for 2023 but it looks as though they are no longer even listed as an option.

They are there however you just need to look really close. I first thought that they took them out of the KR and kept them at Platinum and Limited. But it is there as before. Now supply wise, I'm not holding my breath. 

However, I'd like to take a step back and look at this round of ordering from a production planning perspective. They know that the higher trim levels feature the most extras which often require more chips and other limited supplies. By starting the lower trims first, they start up production with lesser headaches and bootstrap the higher trims. They also have more time to ensure supply lines, and timing. However, that being said, I don't believe they're in any better position than they were in August where they were forcing people to delete the multicontour chair so they could deliver the vehicle. Though I read that '22MYs builds starting in Sept would have the feature.

No BAP for ‘23?  I went on the builder just to build a ‘23 Lariat to reflect my ‘22 and Holy Moses!!!  Over 11k+ higher in price (MSRP) and without BAP.  Glad I pulled the trigger in ‘22!  I may have just bought my last new truck.  This is getting ridiculous 

11 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

The retail build system does not show the retractable corner step.  It does list the retractable side step twice.

The corner steps are just "bolt on" Ford accessories.  The "retractable side steps"....well with the built in bed steps on offered I'd need to see the brochures or what they are really doing.  

Either way both of what you have listed are found on the Ford Accessories section of the Order Guide.  So that tells me they are offered thru Ford and could be bought at any time.

• Like 1

Looking for some help/advice…just placed my 2023 SD order for an F350 SRW 4x4 with 7.3l and 3.73 axle. I’m second guessing my decision and feel like I should upgrade to the 4.30 axle. I have not seen the 2023 towing specs anywhere for each setup but based on the 2022 set up you would lose 4k in GCWR. I don’t want to feel like I am leaving that on the table for negligible gas mileage. I will also put 35 or 37 inch tires on after I wear out the factory tires. Any recommendations? 

As a side note because I’m sure it will be asked, I’m not towing much now, 10k trailer a couple times a year but as my kids get bigger I want the ability to tow a 12-15k trailer and gear comfortably for the life of the truck…(10+ years)

Thank you!

Edited by Tyvaughan2011

12 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

No BAP for ‘23?  I went on the builder just to build a ‘23 Lariat to reflect my ‘22 and Holy Moses!!!  Over 11k+ higher in price (MSRP) and without BAP.  Glad I pulled the trigger in ‘22!  I may have just bought my last new truck.  This is getting ridiculous 

It really depends when you ordered in the 2022 year, but I think 11K+ is a little exaggerated.

9/17/21 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $79,680 MSRP

4/1/22 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $84,985 MSRP

These were identical builds except for the front springs.

Built today, the same truck with the newer features on the 2023 is $87,220 MSRP

Edited by Robin Hood

I ordered from a fairly large dealer nearby and the fleet guy was inputting all the orders. He was so busy that he was only submitting orders (and having lots of trouble with the system crashing etc), and said he would be "sending out customer POs" over the next week once he's caught up getting the actual orders submitted. When I asked the same question as you had he said " I will receive the same emails as you do on order submissions but have not seen them as of yet. When I complete sending of the PO we very well may see those emails arrive. "

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

For those who have placed their orders, how long did it take you get an email from ford confirming your order?  Is there a way to check you dealer submitted you order and that it was received?

I also have not received the email if that makes you feel any better. I’m sure the system is very backed up

Edited by Tarmijo94
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wabbastang said:

I ordered from a fairly large dealer nearby and the fleet guy was inputting all the orders. He was so busy that he was only submitting orders (and having lots of trouble with the system crashing etc), and said he would be "sending out customer POs" over the next week once he's caught up getting the actual orders submitted. When I asked the same question as you had he said " I will receive the same emails as you do on order submissions but have not seen them as of yet. When I complete sending of the PO we very well may see those emails arrive. "

Very questionable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

It really depends when you ordered in the 2022 year, but I think 11K+ is a little exaggerated.

9/17/21 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $79,680

4/1/22 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $84,985

These were identical builds except for the front springs.

Built today, the same truck with the newer features on the 2023 is $87,220

I suppose

Edited by Boss Hog

I am not ordering a 23 because I have been waiting 14 months so far from my 22 order

I still hope I get mine before 23 arrives 

very bad system they have in communication  

they just handle it terrible (dealer and ford)

12 th ford might be last 

good luck 23s

7 hours ago, switz said:

I don't see the Heads up Display on the options list.  I ordered an F450 Limited.  

If you look at the order guide on Page 4, the limited has the heads up display.  HUD is on lariat with ultimate package, King Ranch, Plat, Limited.

3 hours ago, F450 said:

I am not ordering a 23 because I have been waiting 14 months so far from my 22 order

I still hope I get mine before 23 arrives 

very bad system they have in communication  

they just handle it terrible (dealer and ford)

12 th ford might be last 

good luck 23s

I guess it’s easy to point the finger , but most of the auto business depends on outsourced suppliers, who depend on their suppliers..you know how it goes.

It is what it is today..

1 email every 6 months

Is a little long

Dealer can only say what’s on there vehicle report says same thing for 12 months 

If they have parts shortage they could contact customers better

keep them informed and possible tell them they have not forgot about them and you be in front of next years line even if you don’t put your order in again on oct 27

3 hours ago, F450 said:

1 email every 6 months

Is a little long

Dealer can only say what’s on there vehicle report says same thing for 12 months 

If they have parts shortage they could contact customers better

keep them informed and possible tell them they have not forgot about them and you be in front of next years line even if you don’t put your order in again on oct 27

That would be a cookie cutter email acknowledging your frustration, applauding your patience, offering no solutions, and providing no timeline for progress. They’re not emailing you because nothing has changed on their end.