2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

8 hours ago, Fezzik said:

If you look at the order guide on Page 4, the limited has the heads up display.  HUD is on lariat with ultimate package, King Ranch, Plat, Limited.

Page 4 addresses the King Ranch, Plat, Limited specifically, not the Lariat. Attempted to confirm this evening with my dealer rep that HUD was included in the Lariat Ultimate package and according to him it is not on there. Is understanding is that HUD can not be had on the Lariat. 

Is there any authoritative Ford reference that states HUD can be had on the Lariat if the Ultimate Package (or some other package/option) is selected?

If you can't get the new 6.8 on an XLT reg cab 8`bed srw & have to go with the new 7.3 how much difference is that in power & MPG I have the 6.2 didn't expect them from not having the 6.8 as an option on the 23  XLT`S , That has been a great engine don't understand some of these changes. LED`S head & tail lights should have been a stand along opt. The last am I reading it wrong is the BLIS no longer standered but as a opt on the trailer pkg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schneesb said:

Page 4 addresses the King Ranch, Plat, Limited specifically, not the Lariat. Attempted to confirm this evening with my dealer rep that HUD was included in the Lariat Ultimate package and according to him it is not on there. Is understanding is that HUD can not be had on the Lariat. 

Is there any authoritative Ford reference that states HUD can be had on the Lariat if the Ultimate Package (or some other package/option) is selected?

Page 28 of the order guide shows HUD under the Lariat Ultimate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, schneesb said:

Page 28 in the 2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide...

2023 Super Duty_Lariat Ultimate Package (96U).jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sd350 said:

The last am I reading it wrong is the BLIS no longer standered but as a opt on the trailer pkg 

Standard BLIS is on the vehicle. The 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer BLIS system is what it's called. This is part of the new camera and BLIS package to cover the entire trailer with coverage. They are extra sensors available to install around your trailer. From what I saw in the reveal event it might be a package you could buy from Ford afterwards and not order with the truck.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, George C said:

Here is an example of a Limited.. 
There is almost 5K in savings with X Plan.

3289047B-9D40-45E4-B602-CA99C8F67C53.jpeg

George did you and your dealer fill out this form when you agreed on XPlan? And if dealer doesn’t fill out this form, but the DORA shows XPlan, can they screw you over when truck arrives? 

Basically how essential is it that the dealer fill out this form during your order process and not when truck arrives? 

I haven’t placed an order yet, but the dealer didn’t mention this form. I may have to find another dealer 

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf

Edited by steaknpotatoes

4 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

George did you and your dealer fill out this form when you agreed on XPlan? And if dealer doesn’t fill out this form, but the DORA shows XPlan, can they screw you over when truck arrives? 

Basically how essential is it that the dealer fill out this form during your order process and not when truck arrives? 

I haven’t placed an order yet, but the dealer didn’t mention this form. I may have to find another dealer 

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf

S&P,

I’m very fortunate.I have had a REALLY great relationship with this dealership for going on 25 years. We’ve purchased lots of cars and trucks from them, as well as referrals. My salesman is a friend. Always a handshake deal. Honestly, we never talk money. It’s always been a below invoice price until now, and auction comps for my trades.
They’re an enormous multi brand dealership with stores all around WNY. and to them,, it’s about repeat business.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 7:44 AM, Tyvaughan2011 said:

For those who have placed their orders, how long did it take you get an email from ford confirming your order?  Is there a way to check you dealer submitted you order and that it was received?

I ordered mine on Thursday night and just got confirmation email from Ford tonight.

• Like 1

Noticing this with 23xlt compared to 22xlt order...

Alt upgrade...410 but no dual batteries?

You get the low end radio unless you opt for the 6k+ pkg upgrade(but truck features shows you get sync 4 standard)...

7.3 and 4wd is standard..no 2wd option (as others have noted)

Identical trucks built 2022 and 2023...not bad in the price change..they are giving you plastic foot steps in the bed and 10hp more.lol

Screenshot_20221031-000535_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221031-000519_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221031-000733_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221031-001003_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221031-000904_Chrome.jpg

11 hours ago, Kuchez said:

I ordered mine on Thursday night and just got confirmation email from Ford tonight.

I also got my confirmation email from Ford yesterday (Sunday).  Order placed on Thursday the 27th but I think it was actually submitted on Friday the 28th.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:45 AM, ImmortalJman said:

Not likely. I ordered a King Ranch yesterday and the special priority code 99 would be attached to it just like mine. I'm also wanting the onboard scale which is in job2. This means you're in the queue but waiting for job 2 features/trim which doesn't open until Feb??? last I heard.

So I did in fact get an order confirmation email from Ford, even though it is Platinum trim level.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:54 AM, Robin Hood said:

It really depends when you ordered in the 2022 year, but I think 11K+ is a little exaggerated.

9/17/21 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $79,680 MSRP

4/1/22 I ordered a 22 F350 Lariat, CC, 4X4 6.7 with ultimate package, etc $84,985 MSRP

These were identical builds except for the front springs.

Built today, the same truck with the newer features on the 2023 is $87,220 MSRP

The sticker on the '22 Platinum I ordered in September 2021 was $85k.  A comparably equipped '23 is $95k.  So, no, 11k+ isn't really exaggerated.  Heck, the '22 has gone up over $5k from when I ordered to now!

On 10/29/2022 at 11:01 PM, sd350 said:

If you can't get the new 6.8 on an XLT reg cab 8`bed srw & have to go with the new 7.3 how much difference is that in power & MPG I have the 6.2 didn't expect them from not having the 6.8 as an option on the 23  XLT`S , That has been a great engine don't understand some of these changes. 

Not exactly sure what you're asking here.  If you're asking is it worth getting the 7.3 over the 6.8 I would say yes.  If your asking the difference in MPG's between the 7.3 and 6.2, then no there is not much difference.  I went from a 2017 CCLB 4.30 6.2 to a 22 CCLB 4.30 7.3 DRW and I'm seeing about 1mpg less is all which I expected with a heavier truck and smaller tires.  The 7.3 has a lot more power than the 6.2 and is mated perfectly with the 10R140.  

• Like 1

Anyone hearing from their dealer that they can't submit your order because you have Job#2 items you want? We want the blackout package and 3.55's (non Tremor) on a Lariat. Since those are job 2 items our dealer said nope, he couldn't submit a build with those items because it's not in the system yet. He said the best he could do was have us hold off till Feb 2023 and maybe there will be allocations available or order it without those options and take a change on it getting built in job 1. All of that just didn't sound right to me so i thought I'd ask here. We may have to go talk to another dealership.

I don't believe that my dealer wants to order a truck for me.  I dropped off the guide, on Oct 27, with a list of all of the options that I would like, with numbers, and they haven't got it right yet.  The first build they did wasn't even the correct color. I just don't understand...

4th time. Looks like they finally got it right.  Just received their revised build, Oct 31.  Now I wonder how long it will take them to enter it into the system and what priority they will give it.

Then, we wait.

Edited by rottekatz1

2 hours ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Anyone hearing from their dealer that they can't submit your order because you have Job#2 items you want? We want the blackout package and 3.55's (non Tremor) on a Lariat. Since those are job 2 items our dealer said nope, he couldn't submit a build with those items because it's not in the system yet. He said the best he could do was have us hold off till Feb 2023 and maybe there will be allocations available or order it without those options and take a change on it getting built in job 1. All of that just didn't sound right to me so i thought I'd ask here. We may have to go talk to another dealership.

Should submit the order without those items with a 99 priority then add them in Feb.

• Like 1

Ordered a 23 today.  Had the email within a couple hours.  

Lariat CCLB SRW with the "standard" PSD.  I added 5th wheel prep, Sport Appearance, and towing tech package.  Last order was short bed and 7.3.  The price hadn't really changed from the 22 with the exception of the diesel.  Yes, base MSRP went up, but what used to be the "Lariat Value Package" and LED headlights are now standard which just about makes up the difference.  

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, CharlieKelley said:

I got my order in this morning:

F350

Crew Cab

8' bed

Bench seat

Standard output 6.7 diesel

3.31 e-lock differential

FX4

6" step bars

Supplemental cab heater

5th wheel prep package

Upfitter switches

Roof lights

Tailgate step

I received my confirmation email from Ford a half hour ago.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but my dealer doesn’t seem to have the info.  I put in my X plan order on 10/27 for a Platinum Tremor.  Does anyone have access to the actual build sheet to confirm if these options are “still” part of the platinum trim or if they are part of “build 2” options that I need to be ready to edit / add come February?

-Heated Steering Wheel

-Heads up display

-Adaptive Cruise control

-Contouring Seats

thanks in advance!