2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Would any have any idea why ford isn’t offering Sirius XM at all In an XLT trim for 2023.  
Im specifically looking at a f-550 in chassis form, but It appears to be the same in pickups. They offered it as a standalone option last year, and I have satellite radio in my 2012 f-450 chassis! This is really backwards progress in my opinion . 

23 super duty ordered lariat with ultimate package and sport package..

Salesman ordered but it say PVD 20” wheels instead of the 20” Dark carbonized Grey is this correct? I also noticed a few other things odd for the lariat also that the rear glass says fixed but also power sliding some of these packages are confusing on fords site.

Are you guys receiving confirmation emails even with Job 2 items? Does it list the job 2 items in the confirmation. My dealer said they couldn't submit the order, only save it. I am wondering if they need to submit it without job 2 items and with priority code 99 or if they are just mistaken.

6 hours ago, Jim750! said:

Would any have any idea why ford isn’t offering Sirius XM at all In an XLT trim for 2023.  
Im specifically looking at a f-550 in chassis form, but It appears to be the same in pickups. They offered it as a standalone option last year, and I have satellite radio in my 2012 f-450 chassis! This is really backwards progress in my opinion . 

It is offered on XLT trim (250/350/450) if the XLT PREMIUM PACKAGE (17P) is selected.

48 minutes ago, mike008 said:

Are you guys receiving confirmation emails even with Job 2 items? Does it list the job 2 items in the confirmation. My dealer said they couldn't submit the order, only save it. I am wondering if they need to submit it without job 2 items and with priority code 99 or if they are just mistaken.

I received a confirmation email from Ford for my F350 Platinum order.  The dealer submitted it with a priority code 19.  They of course should have submitted it with priority code 99 but since I have the confirmation email from Ford, I haven't said anything to them about it.

1 hour ago, ddb said:

I received a confirmation email from Ford for my F350 Platinum order.  The dealer submitted it with a priority code 19.  They of course should have submitted it with priority code 99 but since I have the confirmation email from Ford, I haven't said anything to them about it.

Thanks for confirming. And it says Platinum right on the confirmation, right? Anyone get submitted with priority code 99 and get a confirmation? Just want to make sure this isn't a unique case before I raise the issue with the dealer.

Edited by mike008

2 hours ago, mike008 said:

Thanks for confirming. And it says Platinum right on the confirmation, right? Anyone get submitted with priority code 99 and get a confirmation? Just want to make sure this isn't a unique case before I raise the issue with the dealer.

Correct.....It says "Since we're building this 2023 Super Duty F-350 Platinum just for you, we'll be keeping in touch...", etc.

20 hours ago, akirby said:

Should submit the order without those items with a 99 priority then add them in Feb.

That's what we tried to get him to do and he said he couldn't do it. He said he could 99 it but Ford could still pick it up for build because it wouldn't have those 2 items on the build sheet. This made no sense to me - even the dealer build sheet says to do it this way. I think we may just go talk to another dealer and see what happens. Kinda bummed it went this way with him but what do you do?

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

That's what we tried to get him to do and he said he couldn't do it. He said he could 99 it but Ford could still pick it up for build because it wouldn't have those 2 items on the build sheet. This made no sense to me - even the dealer build sheet says to do it this way. I think we may just go talk to another dealer and see what happens. Kinda bummed it went this way with him but what do you do?

He’s an idiot. Talk to the sales manager.  If he is the sales manager find a new dealer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mike008 said:

I order a KR 450 and said that I wanted to wait for the onboard scales to be added on when they're available for Job 2. So they entered it as priority 10 first to get the order in and submitted. But once it was submitted they changed it to 99. I got my confirmation email from Ford yesterday. No job 2 items will be listed in the email since they aren't even available to select on the order sheet yet.

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Maybe I missed your post but what did you order? If it's KR and above trim , regardless it won't get scheduled until next year sometime. February is when the job 2 bank opens the job 2 options also become available. So, technically speaking, even if it's priority code 10 for anything KR and above it wouldn't get scheduled anyways. And your salesman an idiot. He can change it 99 and it won't get scheduled.

31 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

Maybe I missed your post but what did you order? If it's KR and above trim , regardless it won't get scheduled until next year sometime. February is when the job 2 bank opens the job 2 options also become available. So, technically speaking, even if it's priority code 10 for anything KR and above it wouldn't get scheduled anyways. And your salesman an idiot. He can change it 99 and it won't get scheduled.

It's a Lariat

Ice-Capades:

My local dealer stated that Ford got rid of all Zone Managers and Regional Reps this past June with the 6,000 salaried person layoffs. Is there any truth to this?

If so, what system took the place to prioritize orders to 02 and 01?

Thank you all for the info (greatly appreciated).  Another question for this group.  I ordered a 250 short bed platinum tremor because I was told it’s got a softer suspension and therefore rides “better” than stock for daily driving.  

(Yes I’m one of those guys who is going to have a boat / trailer behind me 15x a year - and the rest of the time it’ll be my wife, kids, and a dog in the cab).

So now I’m seeing more and more posts (a lot are carli) - stating that the tremor gives you the 350 leaf springs and as a result rides like a rodeo bull.

So my question to those in a similar situation- should I stick with the tremor package OR spend the $5K on an aftermarket suspension (like carli)? I’ll never use the off road gear that comes with the tremor and while im not looking for 30MPG - im wondering if the 3:31 ratio will be better for my 90% of the time vs the 4:30 in the tremor.

thanks !

2 hours ago, OhioSuperdutyDude said:

Thank you all for the info (greatly appreciated).  Another question for this group.  I ordered a 250 short bed platinum tremor because I was told it’s got a softer suspension and therefore rides “better” than stock for daily driving.  

(Yes I’m one of those guys who is going to have a boat / trailer behind me 15x a year - and the rest of the time it’ll be my wife, kids, and a dog in the cab).

So now I’m seeing more and more posts (a lot are carli) - stating that the tremor gives you the 350 leaf springs and as a result rides like a rodeo bull.

So my question to those in a similar situation- should I stick with the tremor package OR spend the $5K on an aftermarket suspension (like carli)? I’ll never use the off road gear that comes with the tremor and while im not looking for 30MPG - im wondering if the 3:31 ratio will be better for my 90% of the time vs the 4:30 in the tremor.

thanks !

It is true 250/350 Tremor have same leaf springs…….if it was me I’d stay stock suspension, but what do I know?

Ford Tremor Forum will have much more people in your situation. I would ask them. 

https://www.fordtremor.com/

Edited by steaknpotatoes

3 hours ago, aj4695 said:

Ice-Capades:

My local dealer stated that Ford got rid of all Zone Managers and Regional Reps this past June with the 6,000 salaried person layoffs. Is there any truth to this?

If so, what system took the place to prioritize orders to 02 and 01?

The last time I looked at Ford's New York Region directory just a few months ago, the Zone Manager positions still existed. The Zone Managers are really the same as what you're also referring to as Regional Reps but there are higher level managers that have "Regional" as part of their title. Those "Regional" managers supervise the Zone Managers, while others work in other sales, marketing and other disciplines. The Zone Managers are the primary contact between the dealerships and the regional office. It's not often that Dealers have contact with other or upper-level regional managers.  

There is no new system that's replaced the use of priority codes 01 and 02 which are assigned by Dearborn and/or Regional Schedulers. The Zone Managers can request retail orders being reprioritized but don't have final approval authority.   

15 hours ago, OhioSuperdutyDude said:

thanks !

I have not looked at the 23 changes to the tremor, but I have a 22 F350 Tremor.  It is all stock and I think it rides great for an HD truck.  The biggest difference is the tires, when towing I air them up to 80psi and the truck rides noticeably firmer.  However when not towing if you air down to 60ish psi the 18" wheels give those large sidewalls a significant amount of compliance and is great for daily driving.

So i am new to x-plan pricing, my dealer said they would take it but I could not lock in my x-plan price until they get an invoice?  Is this correct?  I signed an order sheet but they do not have any x-plan pricing on the bottom just MSRP.  They had wrote on the sheets x-plan.

Has anyone gotten 100% confirmation on whether adding the 360 camera package bumps up the screen size from 8” to the 12”? I ordered my F450 XLT today and the salesman thought it did and the ordering manager wasn’t certain. The description and accompanying photo are vague at best and the ordering guide doesn’t offer any more info than this.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, Supra19 said:

So i am new to x-plan pricing, my dealer said they would take it but I could not lock in my x-plan price until they get an invoice?  Is this correct?  I signed an order sheet but they do not have any x-plan pricing on the bottom just MSRP.  They had wrote on the sheets x-plan.

I received a DORA with MSRP and no X Plan price listed.  I asked the dealer if it should show an X Plan Price and she responded that she will send a new DORA as soon as she has one. 

27 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

I received a DORA with MSRP and no X Plan price listed.  I asked the dealer if it should show an X Plan Price and she responded that she will send a new DORA as soon as she has one. 

I’m currently in the same boat. It is written multiple times on different forms that it’s an x plan priced vehicle 

Edited by Tarmijo94
  • Like 1