2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

I received a DORA with the MSRP and this is my first vehicle order with Ford. Seemed odd that this is the only paperwork provided, but really didn't know if that was the norm. I also asked about X-plan pricing as discussed earlier in the forum, but seems like others experienced the same issue with not getting a DORA with X-plan pricing.

25 minutes ago, stehobbs said:

I received a DORA with the MSRP and this is my first vehicle order with Ford. Seemed odd that this is the only paperwork provided, but really didn't know if that was the norm. I also asked about X-plan pricing as discussed earlier in the forum, but seems like others experienced the same issue with not getting a DORA with X-plan pricing.

My DORA includes X=Plan pricing.

26 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

My DORA includes X=Plan pricing.

I guess I need to ask my dealer for an updated copy with X-plan pricing. He just mentioned that all of the X-plan pricing would be sorted out once the truck arrived....I was apprehensive when he stated that.

34 minutes ago, stehobbs said:

I guess I need to ask my dealer for an updated copy with X-plan pricing. He just mentioned that all of the X-plan pricing would be sorted out once the truck arrived....I was apprehensive when he stated that.

You can do a build with x-plan pricing on the ford web site if you go in through the friends and partners portal.

AXZ Plan - Login (fordpartner.com)

If you can, I'm sure that the dealer can also.

25 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

You can do a build with x-plan pricing on the ford web site if you go in through the friends and partners portal.

AXZ Plan - Login (fordpartner.com)

If you can, I'm sure that the dealer can also.

Thanks rottekatz1, I actually did provide the dealership with the build from the fordpartner website. Being new to ordering a vehicle, I guess I need to learn my terminology. Looks like the document I have is the VOC, not a DORA. I will call the dealership on Monday and request a DORA with X-plan pricing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wharrell said:

Is there any word on when the Job 2 order bank will open for the King Ranch model 

It is frustrating Ford promotes something they can not build 

You can (and should) order a King Ranch right now. The order bank is open now and will likely close soon. They just won't schedule/build it until Job2

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stehobbs said:

Doras always show MSRP by default.  Means nothing other than hey this truck was ordered.

The dealer is correct that when the truck comes in the invoice will show the x plan price BUT it won’t show the original price if the price goes up.  That’s why you need to get the current x plan price documented on a buyers order or the x plan purchase form.

So, I'm new to some of this terminology for ordering. I'm not a friend or family member of a Ford employee, just average Joe ordering. I want to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row too. First, what is DORA?

Second, I have my order in as of the first day. Recieved a document called a preview order at the top with the order number and it lists all my configuration, with a price at the bottom and it was DocuSign'd by me and the dealer. Now, I am waiting for the onboard scales to be come out so it can be ordered on my vehicle so, there will be another update to this order and the dealer knows that. After that happens should I expect or need to get something that specifically calls it a buyers order?

Third, price protection. I'm a little worried about the wording in the bottom: the total MSRP price is listed and it says "Price will be the MSRP listed on the vehicle window sticker when it arrives, minus any rebates, plus tax, DMV fees and 899 dealer fee." That but about the price being what it will be when it arrives looks like a way for them to charge me the new price if/when the price will go up instead of what it is now. Are my suspicions correct and how do I deal with this. I saw the video posted earlier about price protect and I know what to tell them as my argument as to why they should garuntee my price but I'm looking for tactics I suppose.

Edited by ImmortalJman

9 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

So, I'm new to some of this terminology for ordering. I'm not a friend or family member of a Ford employee, just average Joe ordering. I want to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row too. First, what is DORA?

Second, I have my order in as of the first day. Recieved a document called a preview order at the top with the order number and it lists all my configuration, with a price at the bottom and it was DocuSign'd by me and the dealer. Now, I am waiting for the onboard scales to be come out so it can be ordered on my vehicle so, there will be another update to this order and the dealer knows that. After that happens should I expect or need to get something that specifically calls it a buyers order?

Third, price protection. I'm a little worried about the wording in the bottom: the total MSRP price is listed and it says "Price will be the MSRP listed on the vehicle window sticker when it arrives, minus any rebates, plus tax, DMV fees and 899 dealer fee." That but about the price being what it will be when it arrives looks like a way for them to charge me the new price if/when the price will go up instead of what it is now. Are my suspicions correct and how do I deal with this. I saw the video posted earlier about price protect and I know what to tell them as my argument as to why they should garuntee my price but I'm looking for tactics I suppose.

DORA is dealer order receipt acknowledgment- should be the same as the preview order after it’s accepted in the system.

You agreed to MSRP at delivery time.   Now it’s possible the salesperson doesn’t know about price protection or they’re just being lazy about using it as opposed to a purposeful ripoff, but I would simply go back and ask if your price is what’s on the signed order or what shows up at delivery time and if they say the latter as stated in the contract ask them why if Ford gives them price protection.  If they say it’s the original price have them change the wording.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:39 PM, schneesb said:

Rumors all over the map on when order banks are closing...16th, 21st, all trims, just high end trims, ect ect.

Dont know what to beleive

I just left the Ford Dealership this afternoon and Ordered a 2023 F-350 Platinum SRW CCLB @X-Plan Pricing

Today (November 21, 2022) IS the LAST DAY Ford accepts Orders for King Ranch and above along with any F-450's

Not sure if anyone cares but looks like superduty fleet orders open Monday for a week and a half.  My fleet manager in an email says Ford has given agency's an allocation and we have 3.  There are a total of 28 for the entire state of Oregon. I'm thinking this is for Cities and Counties.  I think I might try and pick up a F550 if I can as this doesn't feel like things are going to get any better. Wasn't going to replace a rig this year but if it's going to be a year wait, may as well do it now.  Glad I have received my personal 2022 SD this year and didn't wait for a 23.  

16 hours ago, akirby said:

Why do people believe random people on the internet over actual facts?

Random? He has over 7K subscribers!  ?   

I don't know anything about him, he may know something but I sure as heck can't tell from his "About" section on YT.  He's random for me.  I'll stick to getting info from folks like 

https://www.youtube.com/@longmcarthur and https://www.youtube.com/@PowerStrokeTechTalkwARod as well as known good sources here and BOF. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

Random? He has over 7K subscribers!  ?   

I don't know anything about him, he may know something but I sure as heck can't tell from his "About" section on YT.  He's random for me.  I'll stick to getting info from folks like 

https://www.youtube.com/@longmcarthur and https://www.youtube.com/@PowerStrokeTechTalkwARod as well as known good sources here and BOF. 

Random as in he has no direct information just what he’s heard (I think I didn’t watch the entire video).   There are probably hundreds who could say the same thing. As opposed to actual dealer info posted here or at least a video from an actual dealer.

• Like 3