2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

On 11/21/2022 at 7:26 AM, akirby said:

DORA is dealer order receipt acknowledgment- should be the same as the preview order after it’s accepted in the system.

You agreed to MSRP at delivery time.   Now it’s possible the salesperson doesn’t know about price protection or they’re just being lazy about using it as opposed to a purposeful ripoff, but I would simply go back and ask if your price is what’s on the signed order or what shows up at delivery time and if they say the latter as stated in the contract ask them why if Ford gives them price protection.  If they say it’s the original price have them change the wording.

That's what I thought. Thanks. I'll touch base with him soon.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, akirby said:

Why do people believe random people on the internet over actual facts?

It's not like we can trust dealerships either.  I couldn't get Ford regional sales manager to admit what happened on my order.  The stunt they pulled was bad enough, but the fact I couldn't get a straight answer told me volumes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

It's not like we can trust dealerships either.  I couldn't get Ford regional sales manager to admit what happened on my order.  The stunt they pulled was bad enough, but the fact I couldn't get a straight answer told me volumes.

You do have a point. The dealership model seems to be broken ... at least for customers.

4 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I noticed the Black Appearance package is only available for Job 2. Anyone know or heard if the black package will be available on Superduty  Platinums like it is on the F150s? 

I was told no. Possibly 24. I was hoping as well . I ordered lariat ultimate sport appearance and tremor to try and get it in 23 . :) since order banks closed on platinum’s , I’m guessing no . I was thinking they’d add it when job 2 opens but I guess demand closed out the builds for 23 if I’m hearing it correctly 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:26 AM, akirby said:

DORA is dealer order receipt acknowledgment- should be the same as the preview order after it’s accepted in the system.

You agreed to MSRP at delivery time.   Now it’s possible the salesperson doesn’t know about price protection or they’re just being lazy about using it as opposed to a purposeful ripoff, but I would simply go back and ask if your price is what’s on the signed order or what shows up at delivery time and if they say the latter as stated in the contract ask them why if Ford gives them price protection.  If they say it’s the original price have them change the wording.

Saw a Ford ad on the telly today, Thanksgiving and I assume that it is a national spot.  Ad said to order your new Ford today so that you can lock in the price. Sales staff should be aware of what is being advertised by Ford, especially since the dealer pays Ford a fee for advertising.

8 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Saw a Ford ad on the telly today, Thanksgiving and I assume that it is a national spot.  Ad said to order your new Ford today so that you can lock in the price. Sales staff should be aware of what is being advertised by Ford, especially since the dealer pays Ford a fee for advertising.

The solution is for Ford to generate the invoice and sticker based on order date but their systems aren’t set up to do that because for the last 50+ years 90% of orders were dealer stock and the vast majority of special orders were built before a price increase occurred.  That’s also why many sales people don’t know about price protection.  It was never an issue in the past.  But of course they should know now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Saw that same commercial. Had to re wind it… it was a actually talking locking in a Ford Financing Rate if you finance through Ford, not price protection. 

Hi all.

Had a '22 F350 Lariat order that the dealer converted to a '23. I'm in Canada.

I'm having a problem with adding Upfitter Switches. The dealer is telling me that they are not available on Lariat unless I get the Lariat Ultimate Pkg.

I also can't add them on the Ford Canada website. They are included in the Lariat Ultimate Pkg which I do not want on my '23.

It shows as an option in the order guide, it shows as "Included with the LARIAT Ultimate Package. Available on XL, XLT and LARIAT" on the Ford Canada website.

I feel like this is a mistake, maybe an IT issue? I'm not getting anywhere having my dealer add them. Any suggestions on getting these added on my truck order?

5 hours ago, '37driver said:

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with adding Upfitter Switches. The dealer is telling me that they are not available on Lariat unless I get the Lariat Ultimate Pkg.

I also can't add them on the Ford Canada website. They are included in the Lariat Ultimate Pkg which I do not want on my '23.

It shows as an option in the order guide, it shows as "Included with the LARIAT Ultimate Package. Available on XL, XLT and LARIAT" on the Ford Canada website.

I feel like this is a mistake, maybe an IT issue? I'm not getting anywhere having my dealer add them. Any suggestions on getting these added on my truck order?

Not sure about Canada, but in USA they are available in all trims. I have a Lariat (I didn’t get Lariat Ultimate either since I wanted 6 seats) and I added them. On the USA build and price they are $165 and under Interior Options. Ford Canada must have a glitch 

1 hour ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Not sure about Canada, but in USA they are available in all trims. I have a Lariat (I didn’t get Lariat Ultimate either since I wanted 6 seats) and I added them. On the USA build and price they are $165 and under Interior Options. Ford Canada must have a glitch 

Absolutely I think it's a glitch. My dealer was adamant that they aren't available, but I don't think they actually looked in they order guide.

Does anyone here have a Canadian 2023 Super Duty Order Guide they could share?

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Is there 2 Upfitter switch options ? 1 with switches and one programable ?

That may be the confusion.

There are Upfitter Switches (order code 66S) and Pro Upfitter Integration System (order code 18A) both are optional on LARIAT and I can get the second, but I just want the plain upfitter switches...

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Is there 2 Upfitter switch options ? 1 with switches and one programable ?

That may be the confusion.

There are Upfitter Switches (order code 66S) and Pro Upfitter Integration System (order code 18A) both are optional on LARIAT and I can get the second, but I just want the plain upfitter switches...

On 11/25/2022 at 1:16 PM, '37driver said:

Hi all.

When I check the Ford Canada Build & Price, they are still showing the 22 MY Super Duty and also the 22 MY Escapes. The website hasn't been updated yet for most of the 23MY vehicles. Regardless of the website, if it is shown as an option of the Ford Canada Dealer Order Guide then your dealer should be able to order it.

4 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

When I check the Ford Canada Build & Price, they are still showing the 22 MY Super Duty and also the 22 MY Escapes. The website hasn't been updated yet for most of the 23MY vehicles. Regardless of the website, if it is shown as an option of the Ford Canada Dealer Order Guide then your dealer should be able to order it.

2023 build is here for Canada:

https://shop.ford.ca/configure/superduty/model/customize/?intcmp=vhp-bb-bp

I want to confirm the Canada order guide. Upfitter Switches on LARIAT are in the USA order guide. 

Ford Canada site says Upfitter Switches are available on LARIAT. 

Still seeking a copy of the '23 Super Duty Canada order guide, if someone can confirm it for me, I would like to set this straight before my build is scheduled and I'm stuck...

On 11/25/2022 at 11:13 PM, Tyvaughan2011 said:

I placed an order for a 2023 XLT but now want to change the trim level to a lariat. It seems like nothing has been scheduled yet. Does anyone know if this is possible? Will this change to my order bump me to the back of the line? Thank you

Everything i have read and been told is that you can change options but not trim level. It would essentially be a new order; so yes you would go to the back of the line. 

I’ve searched high and low through the 2023 US order guide. Does anyone know what configuration will force a 3” hitch receiver on a 2023 F350 SRW?

What I understand is that 2.5” hitch receivers will be standard on all F250/350 SRW trims. BUT the order guide shows that 3” hitch receivers are available on all trims as well, although my fist assumption was that 3” hitch receivers were only going to be available on 350/450 DRW.

Edited by nswan

54 minutes ago, nswan said:

I’ve searched high and low through the 2023 US order guide. Does anyone know what configuration will force a 3” hitch receiver on a 2023 F350 SRW?

What I understand is that 2.5” hitch receivers will be standard on all F250/350 SRW trims. BUT the order guide shows that 3” hitch receivers are available on all trims as well, although my fist assumption was that 3” hitch receivers were only going to be available on 350/450 DRW.

If you compare the 2022 and 2023 Order Guides, there is no longer a SRW option to get a 3" receiver.

HRG

2022 SD hitch.JPG

2023 SD hitch.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

28 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

If you compare the 2022 and 2023 Order Guides, there is no longer a SRW option to get a 3" receiver.

HRG

2022 SD hitch.JPG

2023 SD hitch.JPG

That is what I gathered as well. Thank you. Looks like I’ll need to get a new 2.5” hitch for the MY23 F350 as the B&W I got for my MY22 F250 is a 3” hitch. I wonder why Ford did that, perhaps engineered controls to make sure people quit exceeding their GVWR/GCWR.

17 hours ago, wabbastang said:

Everything i have read and been told is that you can change options but not trim level. It would essentially be a new order; so yes you would go to the back of the line. 

For anyone else who may find themselves in this situation I will share my experience today. Once I got in touch with my dealership they were able to make this change with no issues. I also spoke to ford over the phone and they explained that they did not care but that it may be individual dealerships who make rules that may not allow you to change your trim. 

7 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

For anyone else who may find themselves in this situation I will share my experience today. Once I got in touch with my dealership they were able to make this change with no issues. I also spoke to ford over the phone and they explained that they did not care but that it may be individual dealerships who make rules that may not allow you to change your trim. 

Sorry, left out the bit about it being scheduled. Once it's scheduled for production, you can't change it.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, nswan said:

That is what I gathered as well. Thank you. Looks like I’ll need to get a new 2.5” hitch for the MY23 F350 as the B&W I got for my MY22 F250 is a 3” hitch. I wonder why Ford did that, perhaps engineered controls to make sure people quit exceeding their GVWR/GCWR.

2023 towing guide has the 3” hitch being the predominant size similar to the ‘17-‘22

AEF076EA-FE42-44E6-841E-BBF39DB55CD5.png

Edited by Dpbrown02

3 hours ago, Dpbrown02 said:

towing guide reflects 17-22 with the 3” hitch being the predominant size.

AEF076EA-FE42-44E6-841E-BBF39DB55CD5.png

Thank you. My question was about the hitch receiver size for the MY23 F250/350 SRW trims, but yes the order guide for MY17-22 shows the 3” hitch receiver comes with F250 SRW w/ high capacity trailer tow package and F350 4x4 SRW.

For MY23 F250/350 SRW, the MY23 order guide dictates 2.5” receiver hitch for all  F250/350 SRW trims, except for F350 DRW and F450 DRW. 

Of course I’m sitting here wondering, why did Ford take away 3” hitch receivers from MYF250/350 SRW? I have a MY22 F250 SRW w/ the high capacity trailer tow package, so my complaint is that I’ll have to buy a new B&W hitch when my MY23 F350 SRW order arrives because my 3” B&W hitch I have now won’t fit the new 2.5” hitch receiver. I don’t HAVE to have a B&W hitch, but they are my preference and not inexpensive. Ford made a bunch of people invest in 3” hitches only to render them obsolete to the truck owner should they upgrade to the MY23.

Edited by nswan