2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

4 hours ago, Dpbrown02 said:

towing guide reflects 17-22 with the 3” hitch being the predominant size.

Everyone check out the towing guide that was just released. It differs from the order guide and with everything I’ve been discussing in my last few posts in this thread.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/dam/aem_fleet/en_us/fleet/towing-guides/2023_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide_Nov22.pdf

47 minutes ago, nswan said:

Everyone check out the towing guide that was just released. It differs from the order guide and with everything I’ve been discussing in my last few posts in this thread.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/dam/aem_fleet/en_us/fleet/towing-guides/2023_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide_Nov22.pdf

Yeah, I saw that.  I'd be more prone to believe the Order Guide, that area of the Towing Guide is an exact carry-over from the '22 version.

HRG

5 hours ago, nswan said:

Yeah sorry my post wasn’t clear, that snapshot is from the 2023 towing guide (pg 44)

Edited by Dpbrown02

5 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Yeah, I saw that.  I'd be more prone to believe the Order Guide, that area of the Towing Guide is an exact carry-over from the '22 version.

HRG

I would be more prone to believing the Order Guide as well, although the Order Guide doesn’t include a “star” that indicates the standard 2.5” receiver on SRW is new for this model year. I guess I will find out when the truck arrives or on the window sticker.

I’ve got a 23’ Limited on order in AZ gray.

Its coming with a blue/gray interior only color choice. Works with AZG, white, silver, gray, black exterior paint.

Am I the only one wondering how Ford offers this trim..with a blue/gray interior with red or brown colored paint??

3ADB0042-3198-411C-A260-4825F0C501FE.webp

ABA75F92-D41A-47FE-A858-4E159003BD77.webp

1 hour ago, George C said:

I’ve got a 23’ Limited on order in AZ gray.

Its coming with a blue/gray interior only color choice. Works with AZG, white, silver, gray, black exterior paint.

Am I the only one wondering how Ford offers this trim..with a blue/gray interior with red or brown colored paint??

3ADB0042-3198-411C-A260-4825F0C501FE.webp

ABA75F92-D41A-47FE-A858-4E159003BD77.webp

The interior color options make no sense to me whatsoever. You should always be able to order a plain black interior if you don’t want loud colors, or want a better match to your exterior choice. It pisses me off on Lariat half tons as well… that red highlight inside is so obnoxious. It’s one of the reasons I went super duty. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Can’t see it but it might be a vent to measure cabin temp for the auto hvac.

sorry I guess I don’t know how to post higher def pics on here. The pics didn’t open up on my iPhone but for anyone interested, if you visit the website below on a laptop or desktop you can see this marking on multiple dash pics. 

im thinking it might be part of the phone as a key effort by ford but can’t confirm. 

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/09/2023-ford-super-duty-debuts-with-two-new-engines-class-leading-tech-and-improved-capabilities/amp/

Edited by Tyvaughan2011

Things may be more interesting for those of us with higher trim 23MY trucks on order.

Looks like Ford just moved all Lariat trims back to Job 2 for our Canadian friends. 
That will definitely slow the process down for us. 

2F8D9806-3566-4F89-9224-87DCCEA8BE48.jpeg

Edited by George C

So what are the odds that Lariat for US customers ends up being pushed out to Job 2?

I have saw some guys on facebook with a KR ordered, post a screenshot of their text from dealer, that they are scheduled for first or second week of January. I thought those were all Job 2? Makes no sense at all. 

45 minutes ago, blackduty said:

So what are the odds that Lariat for US customers ends up being pushed out to Job 2?

I have saw some guys on facebook with a KR ordered, post a screenshot of their text from dealer, that they are scheduled for first or second week of January. I thought those were all Job 2? Makes no sense at all. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if they ultimately push Lariats to J2 in the USA. It’s a lot colder up in Canuckistan. If anything, our brothers up north should be getting priority on heated features. 

22 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

does anyone know what the symbol engraved on the dash is for under the push button start?  It looks like an NFC symbol for a phone but I’m not sure what the application is. 
2023-Ford-F-Series-Super-Duty-3-1-300x16

image.png.9a2f568e65bac40f9b3e9e7055c0b8c4.png

Looking at an alternate pic, I'm struggling to figure out what symbol you're referring to?

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they ultimately push Lariats to J2 in the USA. It’s a lot colder up in Canuckistan. If anything, our brothers up north should be getting priority on heated features. 

I'm happy to finally report that I got scheduled this week for a Lariat Ultimate with a build week of 1/23. It was a '22 rollover order, so it's been 51 long weeks of waiting. I hope that it holds as Job1. I also hope that it comes with the heated steering wheel...

Edited by KevinLK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

I think that's where Ford is really screwing up. Promising more than they can deliver. Honestly, it's a bad business model. 

Promise less, and deliver more! 

If the order guide would have stated, XL, XLT are Job1. Lariat and higher trim is Job 2, It would be a much easier pill to swallow, and people wouldn't have such high expectations and hopes on it. 

Also, if the order guide would have been a bit more clear on things for sales and customers to understand. I saw one guy on facebook that's adamant that his KR is going to be built in January. His Salesperson, and Rep have both said to him that his KR will be built in January. Doesn't the order guide state KR is Job 2?

But at the same time, there are people showing their text's stating their KR or Platinum are scheduled for the first or second week of January. Which i swear the order guide said those are J2. 

It's pretty bad when that's what the order guide says. But then Ford contradicts things. Or sales are giving false information. 

In the long run, more and more people get upset the way they are handling it. Promise less and Overproduce. Tell everyone those Lariats and higher trim are J2. Stockpile all of the components you need for those higher trim levels for the 3 months of J1. That way when you get to J2, you have a nice stash of those components, so your not building 95% trucks right away and pushing them to race tracks. Or if you run short on J1 trucks in a certain production week, maybe build some of the lower trim J2 trucks towards the end of the week. But atleast your still building a stockpile of components for that J2 roll-out.

I was thru this stuff in 21, waiting on a truck i ordered. And set myself up to go thru it again on a 23. Atleast now i have the 21 for when i need it. And don't care if i have to wait a year for the 23. But i just think they are jerking to many people around, and way to much of the big promises upfront and can't live up to it, not just because of supply chain issues, but because they promise way to much. And mislead people. Promise less, produce more.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CFMLBread said:

image.png.9a2f568e65bac40f9b3e9e7055c0b8c4.png

Looking at an alternate pic, I'm struggling to figure out what symbol you're referring to?

I am sorry and realize that in the pic it is not visible but if you go to the below link and scroll through the many detailed photos you will notice a distinct engraving that looks like a rectangular phone with a thumb on the bottom and a wifi symbol coming out the side. 

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/09/2023-ford-super-duty-debuts-with-two-new-engines-class-leading-tech-and-improved-capabilities/amp/

I am sorry I cannot post better pictures. If someone can teach me how I would be much appreciative 

11 hours ago, blackduty said:

I think that's where Ford is really screwing up. Promising more than they can deliver. Honestly, it's a bad business model. 

Promise less, and deliver more! 

If the order guide would have stated, XL, XLT are Job1. Lariat and higher trim is Job 2, It would be a much easier pill to swallow, and people wouldn't have such high expectations and hopes on it. 

Also, if the order guide would have been a bit more clear on things for sales and customers to understand. I saw one guy on facebook that's adamant that his KR is going to be built in January. His Salesperson, and Rep have both said to him that his KR will be built in January. Doesn't the order guide state KR is Job 2?

But at the same time, there are people showing their text's stating their KR or Platinum are scheduled for the first or second week of January. Which i swear the order guide said those are J2. 

It's pretty bad when that's what the order guide says. But then Ford contradicts things. Or sales are giving false information. 

In the long run, more and more people get upset the way they are handling it. Promise less and Overproduce. Tell everyone those Lariats and higher trim are J2. Stockpile all of the components you need for those higher trim levels for the 3 months of J1. That way when you get to J2, you have a nice stash of those components, so your not building 95% trucks right away and pushing them to race tracks. Or if you run short on J1 trucks in a certain production week, maybe build some of the lower trim J2 trucks towards the end of the week. But atleast your still building a stockpile of components for that J2 roll-out.

I was thru this stuff in 21, waiting on a truck i ordered. And set myself up to go thru it again on a 23. Atleast now i have the 21 for when i need it. And don't care if i have to wait a year for the 23. But i just think they are jerking to many people around, and way to much of the big promises upfront and can't live up to it, not just because of supply chain issues, but because they promise way to much. And mislead people. Promise less, produce more.... 

IMO, 

I think Ford is doing the best they can. Not company wants to break promises, but Ford and others outsource most of the components to build the truck. Their suppliers are also dealing with supply chain issues and kicks in the stones coming out of nowhere like the rest of us.

I personally understand the challenges of the past year, and do not hold anyone accountable for issues out of their comtrol. It is what it is, and getting upset at an uncontrollable issue is a waste of emotion.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

I am sorry and realize that in the pic it is not visible but if you go to the below link and scroll through the many detailed photos you will notice a distinct engraving that looks like a rectangular phone with a thumb on the bottom and a wifi symbol coming out the side. 

I am sorry I cannot post better pictures. If someone can teach me how I would be much appreciative 

You're talking about this. I don't know what it means. It kind of looks like some of the Near-Field Communication symbols I've seen, but I haven't seen anywhere that the SD's are using it.  This picture is from here.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.00.06 AM.png

Edited by KevinLK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

You're talking about this. I don't know what it means. It kind of looks like some of the Near-Field Communication symbols I've seen, but I haven't seen anywhere that the SD's are using it.  This picture is from here.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.00.06 AM.png

Yea that’s exactly what I was talking about. It’s strange. When you Google ford, phone as a key and read some of the top hits without clicking on them you can see Ford lists this as a possible feature for many cars one of which is the 2023 super duty. Once you click on that link though fords website only mentions the Mach e and the lightning. I just found it interesting. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, Tyvaughan2011 said:

Yea that’s exactly what I was talking about. It’s strange. When you Google ford, phone as a key and read some of the top hits without clicking on them you can see Ford lists this as a possible feature for many cars one of which is the 2023 super duty. Once you click on that link though fords website only mentions the Mach e and the lightning. I just found it interesting. 

This is where you hold your key fob if the battery dies in the key. In the F-150 if your key dies you insert it into the cup holder. They changed it in the 23" Super Duty as the whole center console is changed for the SD. 

• Like 1