2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

On 12/3/2022 at 10:28 AM, Tyvaughan2011 said:

Yea that’s exactly what I was talking about. It’s strange. When you Google ford, phone as a key and read some of the top hits without clicking on them you can see Ford lists this as a possible feature for many cars one of which is the 2023 super duty. Once you click on that link though fords website only mentions the Mach e and the lightning. I just found it interesting. 

Should be where you hold your key fob if the battery in the key fob dies, and would still be able to start the truck.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Has anyone heard back from ford? When I received the order confirmation it said they would provide an update in the next 45 days. Still haven’t heard anything. Any VINS out there yet?

Nothing other than the initial order confirmation email so far. From what I’ve seen elsewhere sounds like ford builds stock orders first until there are 5 days or no errors before they produce retail orders. Of the folks I’ve heard about who have a VIN, they are MY22 roll overs so they should have priority anyway assuming they are in the confines of the Job1 and Job2 orders. Who knows though. At the end of the day I don’t think all the data in the world will make any sense of it. So many suppliers to manage, inventories, deliveries, the random nature of computer based scheduling, etc. as eager as many of us are to get all the details we can as quick as we can (because we’ve been ruined by Amazon) we just need to sit down with a few beers and chill while we wait. Easier said than done!

9 Dec - Dealer called and informed me that a VIN has been assigned and the truck is scheduled for production the first week of January. Have not received any emails from Ford.  Am able to find on the Ford My Account to track status.

Not a MY 2022 rollover.

Ordered 27 Oct 22

XLT Stone Grey

Edited by rottekatz1
add info
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

9 Dec - Dealer called and informed me that a VIN has been assigned and the truck is scheduled for production the first week of January. Have not received an email from Ford.  Am able to find on the Ford My Account to track status.

Not a MY 2022 rollover.

Ordered 27 Oct 22

XLT Stone Grey

Cool. No "Scheduled for Production" email for me, either. Someone posted somewhere that Ford isn't sending those emails this time around. Maybe too many missed dates and reschedules. I did get the "Order Confirmed" email. The next one might be the "In Production" email. Maybe they'll give us some info in the promised "45 day" email. I'm not holding my breath, though. 

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

Cool. No "Scheduled for Production" email for me, either. Someone posted somewhere that Ford isn't sending those emails this time around. Maybe too many missed dates and reschedules. I did get the "Order Confirmed" email. The next one might be the "In Production" email. Maybe they'll give us some info in the promised "45 day" email. I'm not holding my breath, though. 

I was just looking at your post, and on your signature on the bottom, it sure didn't take long for them to schedule your 2023 that you ordered. Although, it should be scheduled early, you ordered a 2022, and it was never scheduled. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:26 AM, blackduty said:

I think that's where Ford is really screwing up. Promising more than they can deliver. Honestly, it's a bad business model. 

Promise less, and deliver more! 

If the order guide would have stated, XL, XLT are Job1. Lariat and higher trim is Job 2, It would be a much easier pill to swallow, and people wouldn't have such high expectations and hopes on it. 

Also, if the order guide would have been a bit more clear on things for sales and customers to understand. I saw one guy on facebook that's adamant that his KR is going to be built in January. His Salesperson, and Rep have both said to him that his KR will be built in January. Doesn't the order guide state KR is Job 2?

But at the same time, there are people showing their text's stating their KR or Platinum are scheduled for the first or second week of January. Which i swear the order guide said those are J2. 

It's pretty bad when that's what the order guide says. But then Ford contradicts things. Or sales are giving false information. 

In the long run, more and more people get upset the way they are handling it. Promise less and Overproduce. Tell everyone those Lariats and higher trim are J2. Stockpile all of the components you need for those higher trim levels for the 3 months of J1. That way when you get to J2, you have a nice stash of those components, so your not building 95% trucks right away and pushing them to race tracks. Or if you run short on J1 trucks in a certain production week, maybe build some of the lower trim J2 trucks towards the end of the week. But atleast your still building a stockpile of components for that J2 roll-out.

I was thru this stuff in 21, waiting on a truck i ordered. And set myself up to go thru it again on a 23. Atleast now i have the 21 for when i need it. And don't care if i have to wait a year for the 23. But i just think they are jerking to many people around, and way to much of the big promises upfront and can't live up to it, not just because of supply chain issues, but because they promise way to much. And mislead people. Promise less, produce more.... 

My salesman who is a friend of mine told me their company line…to expect my order in a year, and anything sooner is a plus. After the 22 MY, no promises are being made.

That said, they don’t expect a repeat of 22’. 

April is J2 scheduling. I’m thinking that a lot of the issues are ironed out. would guess I’ll see my truck in July, which would be great. If not, then it is what it is…

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 11:26 AM, blackduty said:

I think that's where Ford is really screwing up. Promising more than they can deliver. Honestly, it's a bad business model. 

Promise less, and deliver more! 

If the order guide would have stated, XL, XLT are Job1. Lariat and higher trim is Job 2, It would be a much easier pill to swallow, and people wouldn't have such high expectations and hopes on it. 

Also, if the order guide would have been a bit more clear on things for sales and customers to understand. I saw one guy on facebook that's adamant that his KR is going to be built in January. His Salesperson, and Rep have both said to him that his KR will be built in January. Doesn't the order guide state KR is Job 2?

But at the same time, there are people showing their text's stating their KR or Platinum are scheduled for the first or second week of January. Which i swear the order guide said those are J2. 

It's pretty bad when that's what the order guide says. But then Ford contradicts things. Or sales are giving false information. 

In the long run, more and more people get upset the way they are handling it. Promise less and Overproduce. Tell everyone those Lariats and higher trim are J2. Stockpile all of the components you need for those higher trim levels for the 3 months of J1. That way when you get to J2, you have a nice stash of those components, so your not building 95% trucks right away and pushing them to race tracks. Or if you run short on J1 trucks in a certain production week, maybe build some of the lower trim J2 trucks towards the end of the week. But atleast your still building a stockpile of components for that J2 roll-out.

I was thru this stuff in 21, waiting on a truck i ordered. And set myself up to go thru it again on a 23. Atleast now i have the 21 for when i need it. And don't care if i have to wait a year for the 23. But i just think they are jerking to many people around, and way to much of the big promises upfront and can't live up to it, not just because of supply chain issues, but because they promise way to much. And mislead people. Promise less, produce more.... 

IMO, 

I think Ford is doing the best they can. Not company wants to break promises, but Ford and others outsource most of the components to build the truck. Their suppliers are also dealing with supply chain issues and kicks in the stones coming out of nowhere like the rest of us.

I personally understand the challenges of the past year, and do not hold anyone accountable for issues out of their comtrol. It is what it is, and getting upset at an uncontrollable issue is a waste of emotion.

IMO, most of the backlog jams are behind us. 
I ordered my truck on day 1, and received confirmation the next day. The trick will be to get the dealer to change the J2 order priority from 99 to the lowest number in April. 

On 12/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, mc4man said:

Got my Ford email with VIN today - so some progress I suppose

2 hours ago, Fezzik said:

Just got an email today stating my F350 Lar. Ultim. Tremor is being built Jan 16, 2023

Congrats that’s super exciting. We’re y’all MY 22 roll overs or was this just a normal order?

Hello All,

New user here. I have been a Ram guy, but my 2021 3500 Dually was stolen on Black Friday in Houston.  I am trying to decide on a new truck... Looking at the Big 3 again. I know that it's about 4-8 months for a new Ram. 2023 GMCs are on the Lot -- but I don't love the interior. So I have a few questions for ya'll; 1)How long to order a New Limited Dually if you are willing to guess? 2) Are there any dealers that will get you invoice pricing, (or below)? (I can still do this with Ram.)  I called my local dealer, they said a year... which means that I can't actually order a 2023 does it? A year from now they will be building 2024's won't they? Thanks for reading and for your response.

2 hours ago, Bags said:

Hello All,

New user here. I have been a Ram guy, but my 2021 3500 Dually was stolen on Black Friday in Houston.  I am trying to decide on a new truck... Looking at the Big 3 again. I know that it's about 4-8 months for a new Ram. 2023 GMCs are on the Lot -- but I don't love the interior. So I have a few questions for ya'll; 1)How long to order a New Limited Dually if you are willing to guess? 2) Are there any dealers that will get you invoice pricing, (or below)? (I can still do this with Ram.)  I called my local dealer, they said a year... which means that I can't actually order a 2023 does it? A year from now they will be building 2024's won't they? Thanks for reading and for your response.

Platinum, Limited and all F450 orders are closed for the '23 model year.  You can still order King Ranch and lower level trucks as long as they aren't F450.  

Timing is hard to say.  I don't think anyone really knows.

You may be able to find invoice pricing on an order, but best bet is X-Plan.  Join mustang club, experimental airplane club (or others) to get a PIN.  Your employer may even offer it.  Many dealerships will order at X-Plan, which is about the same price as invoice.

17 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Platinum, Limited and all F450 orders are closed for the '23 model year.  You can still order King Ranch and lower level trucks as long as they aren't F450.  

I have not been following the forum as much lately. Where are you getting the information that order banks have closed or are closing relative to certain models or the whole lineup. I would assume the it would have been posted in the...

2023 Super Duty Production Information

but haven't seen any updates lately.

Thanks!

Edited by Robin Hood

On 12/17/2022 at 8:51 AM, Robin Hood said:

I have not been following the forum as much lately. Where are you getting the information that order banks have closed or are closing relative to certain models or the whole lineup. I would assume the it would have been posted in the...

2023 Super Duty Production Information

but haven't seen any updates lately.

Thanks!

2023 Super Duty Facebook group.

ford-trucks.com

I don't think @ice-capades has access to all the info anymore and therefore isn't posting updates.

• Like 1