2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Is anyone else ( besides the few who posted earlier) receiving any production dates for their vehicles? I ordered on Oct 28 ( F350 Lariat Ultimate LWB SRW ) and received a message from Ford on Oct 31 saying there would be an update within 45 days. It's now nearing 60 days without any further info.   Just checking if others are getting production dates?

34 minutes ago, wabbastang said:

Mine just got pushed back one week, so they are doing something over there..

Can you guys tell me when you ordered and what vehicles / trim?  I'm curious if one or more options I picked are preventing scheduling. I avoided the spray-in liner since that was an issue with the '22s, but I did opt for the winch and lay-flat seats which both have me worried will push my order to Job2. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, ZZ4X4 said:

Is anyone else ( besides the few who posted earlier) receiving any production dates for their vehicles? I ordered on Oct 28 ( F350 Lariat Ultimate LWB SRW ) and received a message from Ford on Oct 31 saying there would be an update within 45 days. It's now nearing 60 days without any further info.   Just checking if others are getting production dates?

My order was received in the system on 10/29 ( f350 lariat CC SWB) and I got my confirmation email on 1 Nov.  The next email I got was on Dec 15 just saying that it was”too long” since they had last contacted me but that they have continued supply chain problems….and that they’d be in touch.

My hope is that once production actually starts next week and suppliers are 100% supporting only MY 23 super duties that they will become more aggressive with their scheduling. Assuming suppliers can keep pace of course. Here’s to hoping!

Edited by Tyvaughan2011
  • Like 1

I have been on the build and price page several times and cannot believe they don't even have pictures of anything loaded in the page yet for everything lariat and below, which I believe are the only trims that can be ordered at the moment.  It doesn't show anything other than a super duty logo for interior and exterior.  I think I read somewhere recently that they have over 150,000 orders already, which must be approaching the production capacity for the model year, assuming it will be a short production year. Being a new style, I wouldn't want to make an order without seeing what it would look like first.  They only just recently added pictures of the wheels.  Just seems like they could step up the effort in that department for such an important vehicle segment.  

Edited by Kory04
Spelling
  • Like 1

My dealer has been told 23 production runs only through May this year at which point they will move to late Summer resumption with 24 my restoring original production cycle. If true this does suggest Ford is going to work more agressively to meet order demand and accelerate timelines previously circulated . BTW I too am a 350 SRW Lariat Ultimate (but with Tremor) ..similar order entry dates and receipt of the 15 December standard supply chain constraint form email from Ford. Have not been scheduled.

The 150K order received was as of the end of November (doesnt account for additional orders received this month).

Edited by schneesb
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, ZZ4X4 said:

Can you guys tell me when you ordered and what vehicles / trim?  I'm curious if one or more options I picked are preventing scheduling. I avoided the spray-in liner since that was an issue with the '22s, but I did opt for the winch and lay-flat seats which both have me worried will push my order to Job2. 

450 lariat ultimate. Moonroof, HO, pro power, FX4, supplemental heat. I canceled the rest of my options that could be done aftermarket (bedliner, well liners, vault) as I decided against the ford liner, and didn't want to see the build to be help up by silly things I can easily add later. When I canceled the options my dealer had said there were no known holdups yet, but I went with my gut and it happened to get scheduled the very next day. To this day I have still not seen anything about potential commodity constraints.

The same day I did see someone with an almost identical build (including the bedliner though) get scheduled.

27 minutes ago, wabbastang said:

450 lariat ultimate. Moonroof, HO, pro power, FX4, supplemental heat. I canceled the rest of my options that could be done aftermarket (bedliner, well liners, vault) as I decided against the ford liner, and didn't want to see the build to be help up by silly things I can easily add later. When I canceled the options my dealer had said there were no known holdups yet, but I went with my gut and it happened to get scheduled the very next day. To this day I have still not seen anything about potential commodity constraints.

The same day I did see someone with an almost identical build (including the bedliner though) get scheduled.

Ok great info!

So looks like the winch is not going to delay anything per Fezzik's info. Per some older posts on this site, seems the MY22 had -- and now MY23 may have seat supply delays for KR, Platinum, and Limited which push those builds to J2.   Since I ordered the lay-flat seats ( which I don't even need ?) which is a feature of the higher level seats, I'm hoping that this doesn't mean the seats come from that supplier and it will delay the build.  Did anyone get scheduled who ordered the lay-flat seats? That's the only option I'm concerned about at this point. Just a little paranoia at work ?

Frustrated because my order does not come up on the Ford order tracking page I went on Ford's chat this morning and asked, "What's up?"

On Ford Chat they told me that my order is scheduled for build 20 Feb.  They stated that it should be on the tracking site, "once it goes into production."

I sent dealer a message on 2 Jan and asked if there was any change as when the dealer gave me the VIN they told me that it was scheduled for production 2 Jan. 

2 hours ago, wfjames22 said:

I ordered an F250 lariat ultimate with the max recline seats on 10/27, received email confirmation from Ford on 10/31, received bs email on 12/15 and got vin/scheduling email on 12/22. Scheduled production date of 1/16.

I was notified on 12/1 that my production date is the week of 1/30. Amazing how slowly the days can pass when you're anxiously awaiting something...:)  

49 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

I was notified on 12/1 that my production date is the week of 1/30. Amazing how slowly the days can pass when you're anxiously awaiting something...:)  

I originally ordered a 2022 on 8/5/21, was given a vin and a production date of 9/19/22 on 9/2/22. On 9/21/22 I was told that my order was cancelled and I could reorder when the bank opened. I'm over the process. 

1 hour ago, wfjames22 said:

I originally ordered a 2022 on 8/5/21, was given a vin and a production date of 9/19/22 on 9/2/22. On 9/21/22 I was told that my order was cancelled and I could reorder when the bank opened. I'm over the process. 

I have to admit that I'm a bit tired of it, too. I'm in my 13th month of waiting since my '22 order was never scheduled.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Accurate planning on anything hasn’t been possible for 3 years now and probably won’t be for several more months at least.  

Sorry, the planning that I mentioned is on my end. Like selling or trading in old truck and purchasing accessories.  I don't want to purchase any accessories until the truck is shipped.  I worked logistics for over 25 years so I have an idea of sone of the issues the Ford is facing.  The just in time order and shipping for production really gets wacked when one supplier fails to meet delivery time.

4 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Sorry, the planning that I mentioned is on my end. Like selling or trading in old truck and purchasing accessories.  I don't want to purchase any accessories until the truck is shipped.  I worked logistics for over 25 years so I have an idea of sone of the issues the Ford is facing.  The just in time order and shipping for production really gets wacked when one supplier fails to meet delivery time.

thats the point - you can’t really plan anything with any degree of confidence.

so I’ve read the long posts about how the ford ordering system supposedly used to work and I heard that the system has changed since the supply chain shortages to fulfill retail orders ahead of stock orders and in a more first come first served way. I placed an order for a 350 ccsb lariat with sport appearance pkg. which posted to the system on 29 Oct. 

I’ve seen posts by people who report ordering a few weeks after me with similar builds but have already gotten scheduled. Also of note my dealership hasn’t gotten any of their orders selected to be built yet. 

does anyone have any concrete info on how the selection process works or is totally random?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

so I’ve read the long posts about how the ford ordering system supposedly used to work and I heard that the system has changed since the supply chain shortages to fulfill retail orders ahead of stock orders and in a more first come first served way. I placed an order for a 350 ccsb lariat with sport appearance pkg. which posted to the system on 29 Oct. 

I’ve seen posts by people who report ordering a few weeks after me with similar builds but have already gotten scheduled. Also of note my dealership hasn’t gotten any of their orders selected to be built yet. 

does anyone have any concrete info on how the selection process works or is totally random?

Thanks

Ford’s system has always prioritized retail orders over dealer stock.  Normally it’s only 10% of orders so they got built very quickly.  The problem is there are so many retail orders backed up and so many dealers needing products that they can’t possibly build all the retail orders immediately.  

• Like 2