2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

I ordered an F-350 reg cab 8' bed single rear wheel gas XLT locking rear, snowplow/camper pkg, LED bed lights duel batteries heavy duty alternators rear defrost & upgraded radio with nav sync 4, bliss system & backup sensors. I got we received the order just the other day we didn't forget about you we are waiting on supply chain shipments. I thought that XLTs were going to be one of the 1st ones being scheduled & built & even though it would have been a short wait since it's a pretty basic order just the standard XLT pkg & upgraded radio. everything else should be already on hand one would think but not a word. We will keep you updated every 45 days!

Edited by sd350
added a word

I ordered a 2023 F250 Lariat with Ultimate Lariat Package on 10/27.  I have yet to receive any communication from Ford.  My dealer says the order has been received.  Should I have received at least some form of communication by now?  or have others experienced the same?

8 hours ago, sd350 said:

I ordered an F-350 reg cab 8' bed single rear wheel gas XLT locking rear, snowplow/camper pkg, LED bed lights duel batteries heavy duty alternators rear defrost & upgraded radio with nav sync 4, bliss system & backup sensors. I got we received the order just the other day we didn't forget about you we are waiting on supply chain shipments. I thought that XLTs were going to be one of the 1st ones being scheduled & built & even though it would have been a short wait since it's a pretty basic order just the standard XLT pkg & upgraded radio. everything else should be already on hand one would think but not a word. We will keep you updated every 45 days!

Your dealer needs available allocation to get you scheduled. If you’re order #30 for comparable trucks and they get 10 allocations per month, you may be waiting several months to see any movement unless they grant you a better priority code. Default at most dealers is 19, the lowest priority for retail orders. 

3 hours ago, JoeO said:

I ordered a 2023 F250 Lariat with Ultimate Lariat Package on 10/27.  I have yet to receive any communication from Ford.  My dealer says the order has been received.  Should I have received at least some form of communication by now?  or have others experienced the same?

Same boat for me.  I ordered 10/28 ( F350 Lariat Ult SRW LB) and never received anything from Ford after the initial conf. My dealer was also able to provide a screen shot of the order from their system with confirmation so I'm confident the order went in.   My dealer changed the priority code last week in the hopes this would cause some movement. I don't know the previous priority code nor the current one . 

Edited by ZZ4X4

38 minutes ago, JoeO said:

My priority code was 16 when it was ordered in October.  Seems like that is a decent priority code?  

It’s all relative.  If the other orders are at priority 19 then you’re first in line.  If all other orders are at priority 10 you’re dead last.

Akirby, let's say two people order the exact same super duty down to each option. If I ordered yesterday and my dealer says I'm a 19, and the other truck is ordered 2 days from now from a different dealer, but is a 16 or even a 10 (let's not talk about 2 and assume both dealers have allocations), would the later order with a lower code get built first? 

29 minutes ago, Pugnmat said:

Akirby, let's say two people order the exact same super duty down to each option. If I ordered yesterday and my dealer says I'm a 19, and the other truck is ordered 2 days from now from a different dealer, but is a 16 or even a 10 (let's not talk about 2 and assume both dealers have allocations), would the later order with a lower code get built first? 

No way to know.  Each dealer gets a certain allocation each week, then the scheduler looks at that dealer’s order bank and normally chooses the lowest numerical priority orders that can be built that week.  So it depends on how much allocation your dealer gets, what else is in the order bank and the priority and what can or can’t be built.  They may have parts one week for the first 1000 orders but not the rest.  It all depends on the order that the scheduler uses - luck of the draw.

23 hours ago, JoeO said:

Me and my brother-in-law ordered SD's on the same opening day for orders.  I received an order confirmation email from Ford 2 days later, he did not.  His issue was that the salesperson had her email address on the order instead of his and she actually received the order confirmation email.  She fixed it on the order and he did get the 45 day update email notification from Ford like most others have received.  I would make sure that your email address is entered correctly on the order, etc.

2 hours ago, ddb said:

Me and my brother-in-law ordered SD's on the same opening day for orders.  I received an order confirmation email from Ford 2 days later, he did not.  His issue was that the salesperson had her email address on the order instead of his and she actually received the order confirmation email.  She fixed it on the order and he did get the 45 day update email notification from Ford like most others have received.  I would make sure that your email address is entered correctly on the order, etc.

This was indeed the issue with mine.  Dealer had inputted an incorrect email address.  They have corrected it and hopeful to get some kind of notification soon.  Thank you

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Think of the priority code system as the dealer’s production wish list. They’re ranking customer orders and asking Ford to build in that order. Ford will honor that request when parts and allocation are both available. If parts aren’t available for the truck(s) at the top of that list, schedulers will move down and build the next logical choice.

Age of order is more of a tie breaker than the first wave of decision making. Competent dealers will manage their order bank, upgrading the priority code for customers who have been waiting the longest. 

Edited by le engineer
  • Like 1

Thanks to both for your scheduling information. That helps  My only hope is that "age of order" also applies to 2022 carryover/cancellations.  Ordered in Dec1, 2021.  Re-ordered a 2023 in November after not getting scheduled (just before the order banks closed)...so I hope my order is actually 14 months old, not 2 months old to the schedulers. 

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

Thanks to both for your scheduling information. That helps  My only hope is that "age of order" also applies to 2022 carryover/cancellations.  Ordered in Dec1, 2021.  Re-ordered a 2023 in November after not getting scheduled (just before the order banks closed)...so I hope my order is actually 14 months old, not 2 months old to the schedulers. 

If you spent a year waiting on a 2022 order and Ford cancelled it, your dealer should have entered you at priority 10 for the new order and immediately petitioned their zone manager to upgrade you to priority 02, which grants additional scheduling consideration. It sounds like your dealer owes you an explanation for why you aren’t getting pushed to the front of their line. 

Edited by le engineer

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

Nope a 2023 order has no connection to prior orders.  Your dealer is supposed to manage that by having the carryover orders at lower numerical priority than new orders.

Well, neat. I've asked twice about changing codes already as both orders were 19s, their default for all orders. Time to move up the chain I guess and see what they say. 

Frustrating that after more than a year.of dealers working through issues, the customer has to be their own advocate through the dealer system. I get it a year ago, but these people should know the situation by now.

Appreciate the guidance from both of you!

18 hours ago, akirby said:

Nope a 2023 order has no connection to prior orders.  Your dealer is supposed to manage that by having the carryover orders at lower numerical priority than new orders.

and IIRC I think Job 2 builds are supposed to be entered at P 99 initially?  

Edited by Monoman

7 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Well, neat. I've asked twice about changing codes already as both orders were 19s, their default for all orders. Time to move up the chain I guess and see what they say. 

Frustrating that after more than a year.of dealers working through issues, the customer has to be their own advocate through the dealer system. I get it a year ago, but these people should know the situation by now.

Appreciate the guidance from both of you!

Make sure you’re having this conversation with the sales manager, not your salesperson. The manager is usually the person who manages the order bank. 

52 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Received scheduling email this morning, week of 20Feb23. F-350 CCSB 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, sports appearance, 5th wheel prep, spray-in liner, max recline and FX4.

My F350 7.3 Lariat is supposed to be built the same week February 20th 2023.. so hopefully it stays that way… ??

• Like 2

Received the scheduled email this morning for Feb 20 build week. F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.7 in Rapid Red. Sport Appearance, 5th wheel prep, moonroof, dual battery, mudflaps. Ordered Oct 28, received my confirmation order a few days later. Never got a 45 day notice. Revised my order on Jan 5 to add the ultimate package. Priority 19. New order, not a 22 roll over. 

Edited by Fox-BLUE1
  • Like 1