2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Akirby,

Thanks for everything you do on this forum to keep us informed.

I have ordered a 2023 F-450 King Ranch new order two months ago before the F-450 order bank was closed.   Will I received communications from Ford every 45 days from the order date or will I receive the communication when Job #2 starts being scheduled sometime in March?

2 hours ago, jtcdmc said:

Akirby,

I have ordered a 2023 F-450 King Ranch new order two months ago before the F-450 order bank was closed.   Will I received communications from Ford every 45 days from the order date or will I receive the communication when Job #2 starts being scheduled sometime in March?

I really don’t know.   Your dealer has all available details on your order - make them earn their sale,

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jtcdmc said:

Akirby,

Anything you receive between now and a meaningful order update is a generic “thanks for waiting” email. Ford isn’t going to tell you that your order is waiting on part ________ from this supplier, etc. It’s no news until good news. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

An interesting data point to throw on the pile here. I just got off chat with Ford and they told me that my order is still in order processing but has been sent to the plant and that I should expect a build date any day now. I’ll believe it when I see it and keep my fingers crossed that the report was accurate. 

3 hours ago, le engineer said:

Anything you receive between now and a meaningful order update is a generic “thanks for waiting” email. Ford isn’t going to tell you that your order is waiting on part ________ from this supplier, etc. It’s no news until good news. 

Yep.  There's no benefit to Ford to let you know which specific parts they're short on for any given week.  It doesn't really help you.

The "here's an update every 45 days" is literally just them saying "hey, we still have your order in the system, and it's still not been scheduled yet we'll let you know when something changes or repeat this message in 45 days".  Except many have actually received that email even after their vehicle was in production..

Commodity constraints get shared with dealers who can work with you to make changes to your order, but many would rather wait for what they chose, anyway.

Reality is that they'll let the consumer know when there's a change in the order status - nothing more.  They'll send you an update when there's a meaningful update.  Meaning when the order is scheduled for production, any changes in the scheduled week/date, when it's in production, when it's built, when it's expected to be delivered, and again any delays along the way.  Any other emails aren't very informative anyway.

Unfortunately, it's just a waiting game, hoping that your order will be one of The Chosen Ones any given week.

2 hours ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

An interesting data point to throw on the pile here. I just got off chat with Ford and they told me that my order is still in order processing but has been sent to the plant and that I should expect a build date any day now. I’ll believe it when I see it and keep my fingers crossed that the report was accurate. 

Nice. When is your scheduled build date?

32 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

Nice. When is your scheduled build date?

So that’s the strange thing and I don’t know enough about the different status levels.  The way I understood what the customer service rep said via chat was that my order and been selected and sent to the plant and that the plant would provide the build date. I still do not have a VIN or a build date. 

28 minutes ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

So that’s the strange thing and I don’t know enough about the different status levels.  The way I understood what the customer service rep said via chat was that my order and been selected and sent to the plant and that the plant would provide the build date. I still do not have a VIN or a build date. 

I'll admit that I'm no expert, but typically, "sent to the plant" has meant that it's about to go into production. Maybe it's a terminology issue. If you don't yet have a VIN, I'm not sure what it means.    

26 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

I'll admit that I'm no expert, but typically, "sent to the plant" has meant that it's about to go into production. Maybe it's a terminology issue. If you don't yet have a VIN, I'm not sure what it means.    

I know it seems hopeful and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that by this Thursday or Friday I will get an email with my vin and a production date. Until I get that (and even then) it’s still a waiting game. 

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

Sent to plant means it’s scheduled and you have a build date

Akirby,

thats what I expected but the folks working the chat system said it was sent to the plant and I’m confused because I have not gotten a vin or build date via email yet.  Maybe this week?  I wish I knew how I could upload a picture of the chat but I asked that exact question and she said I should expect an email showing my trucks scheduled build date “any day now”

Edited by Tyvaughan2011

43 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Now that trucks are in production, I'm assuming that at least some of them have been built completely. When will we start seeing trucks delivered to the consumer?

Who knows I was told mine was going in to production the week of Feb. 20th and would take supposedly 2mo. to get to the dealer which seems like along time but that’s if it’s built that week… If people had theirs built the first week of January we probably should see them hitting the dealers around the 1st of March.. we went to Dearborn couple of days after Christmas driving back I-75 3 car carriers with new Super Duty’s on them probably going to be tested… with that being said who real knows..

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:10 AM, bigbobsha said:

Any intell on Ohio truck production? I ordered a F-600 gas backwhen the order bank opened. I got the confirmation e mail and the e mail stating supply chain issues etc. Have they started production or scheduling? I was priority 19 when ordered.

They are supposed to start scheduling Ohio on the 19th, with Job one starting on 2/13 according to the FDNB on the 13th.

23 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

Now that trucks are in production, I'm assuming that at least some of them have been built completely. When will we start seeing trucks delivered to the consumer?

Who knows I was told mine was going in to production the week of Feb. 20th and would take supposedly 2mo. to get to the dealer which seems like along time but that’s if it’s built that week… If people had theirs built the first week of January we probably should see them hitting the dealers around the 1st of March.. we went to Dearborn couple of days after Christmas driving back I-75 3 car carriers with new Super Duty’s on them probably going to be tested… with that being said who real knows..

50 minutes ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Anyone hear when the Job 2 items should be coming available to add to your order? We are waiting on the details of the black appearance package and the 4.55 gears without Tremor. Our order is in but 99'd at this point waiting on those 2 options to be available.

I heard spring 2023 is all I heard … I was hoping mine wouldn’t be built till spring there was a few things I wanted to add and I had a priority code of 19 thinking it would push it to a spring build… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Anyone hear when the Job 2 items should be coming available to add to your order? We are waiting on the details of the black appearance package and the 4.55 gears without Tremor. Our order is in but 99'd at this point waiting on those 2 options to be available.

I heard they'd be available sometime in February to add to orders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AskF350 said:

Called ford marketing today finally have a Vin# and a build week of February 13th moved from February 20th… ??????looks like stuff is straightening out.. I do feel for the people that have been waiting so long for there trucks??

Just out of interest, why do you have to call Ford directly to get this information. This is readily available to your dealer, who should be contacting you with updates. Last year, when waiting for my F-450, the dealer provided regular updates, which increased to weekly once it received a VIN. Today my Sales Manager advised my wife's Escape PHEV is showing on the AM preview reports.

Rather than calling Ford, I suggest making your dealer work for the mark-up they are making. At a minimum, your dealer should be advising you when you get a VIN and any changes to Build Week/Day. Quality dealers also advise when you are previewing.

49 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

Just out of interest, why do you have to call Ford directly to get this information. This is readily available to your dealer, who should be contacting you with updates. Last year, when waiting for my F-450, the dealer provided regular updates, which increased to weekly once it received a VIN. Today my Sales Manager advised my wife's Escape PHEV is showing on the AM preview reports.

Rather than calling Ford, I suggest making your dealer work for the mark-up they are making. At a minimum, your dealer should be advising you when you get a VIN and any changes to Build Week/Day. Quality dealers also advise when you are previewing.

I call Ford directly because when they setup my email address for some reason it goes to my old address from 10years ago which I think is funny because I’ve owned a Ford since our current address so all my emails and updates go to him instead of me.. and also my sales guy doesn’t really respond for a few days. The lady from ford marketing told me if you want information and you don’t get emails then call them.. I emailed my salesman around 10am and asked if he’s heard anything and no response yet..