2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

Makes no difference.  And where did you get the idea that orders are processed first in first out based on order date?  That’s incorrect.

It came directly from the ford customer service chat.  The rep told me that I had a high priority of 12 and that ford works to build in the order they were received and that I should be getting a build date "any day". 

Even though there are no published commodity constraints, in any given week any part could be unavailable due to shipping delays or supplier delays.  That could cause certain orders to be passed up for others in that week’s scheduling.

Your dealer may not be telling the truth or if it’s not the sales mgr just unaware of order status.  Does your dealer’s Ford inventory search show any 2023 trucks with VINs?

27 minutes ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

It came directly from the ford customer service chat.  The rep told me that I had a high priority of 12 and that ford works to build in the order they were received and that I should be getting a build date "any day". 

First 12 is not that high - 10 is the best.  But it’s better than 19.

And Ford does build by order date - but only within the dealer’s allocation and assuming all are at the same priority.  I can almost guarantee your dealer has orders at priority 10 or 11 that will get built before your 12.

Your order date has nothing to do with orders from any other dealer.  And if your dealer has you at 12 and I order today and they make mine a 10 mine will get built first.  All else being equal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

Even though there are no published commodity constraints, in any given week any part could be unavailable due to shipping delays or supplier delays.  That could cause certain orders to be passed up for others in that week’s scheduling.

Your dealer may not be telling the truth or if it’s not the sales mgr just unaware of order status.  Does your dealer’s Ford inventory search show any 2023 trucks with VINs?

That makes sense.  All the info I've gotten has come from the sales manager.  I just checked their website and they do not show any 2023 super dutys in inventory.

1 hour ago, blackduty said:

I think, as stated, a larger dealer might get more built in a week because of their allocation. Their allocation of total vehicles, and allocation of certain vehicles. The dealer i ordered mine from, was allocated 30 super duty's. Mine was the only priority code 10. So in theory, they might only get 22 of those 30 super duty's. Mine should be the first one picked from there. But, to this day, it hasn't been picked yet. It was their first super duty order submitted. But dealers with a much larger allocation, will get more built. And guys with a lower priority code than mine, at a much larger dealer, will actually be built before mine, because certain dealers have a much larger allocation, and for Ford to try and fill atleast 70-85% of the orders, a dealer that is allocated 500 super duties will get more picked every week, and possibly more with a lower priority code than mine. And possibly by the time mine get's picked, there could be commodity constraints. Which is why, i see no way possible for Ford to have all J1 trucks built before J2 starts. 

My build was J1 with a priority code of 19 and was supposed to be built February 20th and then yesterday moved to February 13th I figured it would be the other way around.. so who know what they are doing 

40 minutes ago, AskF350 said:

so who know what they are doing 

Really?  After everything that’s been explained about parts issues you can’t understand why builds are getting moved around and rescheduled?

If 1000 trucks previously scheduled for that week have a last minute parts issue doesn’t it stand to reason they’d move them out and move up 1000 other orders that can be built that week?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wfjames22 said:

Just got off the phone with Ford marketing. She couldn't explain why the order tracking wouldn't work for me but said it's "in production" which I assume is not anything other than it's in line to be built. Any ideas?

It means it’s been scheduled and you should have a VIN and build date.

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

It means it’s been scheduled and you should have a VIN and build date.

Yes, I got both of those on 12/22. The issue is that the link from that email to track the order does not work for me.  Let me rephrase that, the link works, the actual tracking system does not work for me.

16 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Go on Ford dot com and initiate a chat. Ask for current status of your order and give them the order number and vin.  Or call Ford customer service and give them your order number and vin. i believe that their phone number is 800-334-4375 or 800-392-3673. I believe that their hours are 9 - 5 Eastern.

You should be calling your dealer, as they have all the information readily available. Your dealer should provide regular updates, if not, call the Sales Manager, General Manager or owner to find out why they aren't providing customer service. 

On 1/19/2023 at 11:12 AM, Tyvaughan2011 said:

blackduty,

Thank you for the detail and explanation.  It does provide a lot of insight.  I guess the only point where I have some confusion is with the allocation.  I am ordering from a dealership in Southern Maryland which is not a mega dealer but its not super small either.  The Sales Manager said he has not had any orders selected yet for a build date which I find surprising considering Ford builds an average of 25K Super Duty's per month (based on MY 22 figures).  

Based on what you said above it sounds like large dealerships are almost guaranteed to get a weekly allocation but others may not be so lucky.  Is that accurate?  Or would it be more accurate to say every dealer should be getting at least one order selected but the large ones will obviously get significantly more?

thank you again for your help and insight.

41 minutes ago, Fox-BLUE1 said:

Try the Ford Canada site. It works for me there. Haven’t had any luck with the US site. 
https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking/

Thank you.  I can see my order there.  A Canadian advantage with an American company. It looks like the power retracting mirrors were deleted. I really wanted those. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by rottekatz1
add info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

Thank you.  I can see my order there.  A Canadian advantage with an American company. It looks like the power retracting mirrors were deleted. I really wanted those. We'll just have to wait and 

1 hour ago, Fox-BLUE1 said:

Try the Ford Canada site. It works for me there. Haven’t had any luck with the US site. 
https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking/

Mine worked also thanks… 

3 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Thank you.  I can see my order there.  A Canadian advantage with an American company. It looks like the power retracting mirrors were deleted. I really wanted those. We'll just have to wait and see.

Where did your see that options were deleted I couldn’t really see anything that was deleted on my order if any

1 hour ago, AskF350 said:

Where did your see that options were deleted I couldn’t really see anything that was deleted on my order if any

When I looked at the details it showed everything that I selected except the power extending mirrors.  Build week, last I checked, is 6 Feb, so I'll know once I'm able to pull up the window sticker. Would be disappointed, but not a deal breaker.

52 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

When I looked at the details it showed everything that I selected except the power extending mirrors.  Build week, last I checked, is 6 Feb, so I'll know once I'm able to pull up the window sticker. Would be disappointed, but not a deal breaker.

I’ll go back through mine again I ordered a Lariat hopefully they don’t take those off I probably won’t accept that.. Thanks 

New to the forums, hello to all and good luck with your orders.  My new 23 order, priority 10, was confirmed by Ford on October 30, 2022, received VIN and scheduled for production email on January 12, 2023 for a build week of February 13, 2023, F-250 XLT CC LWB.

Update, US tracking site says unavailable, Canadian site works and shows a week earlier build week of FEB 5, interesting.

Edited by F250inMaine
Update