2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

16 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

When I looked at the details it showed everything that I selected except the power extending mirrors.  Build week, last I checked, is 6 Feb, so I'll know once I'm able to pull up the window sticker. Would be disappointed, but not a deal breaker.

I’ll go back through mine again I ordered a Lariat hopefully they don’t take those off I probably won’t accept that.. Thanks 

21 hours ago, Fox-BLUE1 said:

Try the Ford Canada site. It works for me there. Haven’t had any luck with the US site. 
https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking/

Thank you for sharing, I was able to track my 2023 order as well.

21 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Thank you.  I can see my order there.  A Canadian advantage with an American company. It looks like the power retracting mirrors were deleted. I really wanted those. We'll just have to wait and see.

17 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

When I looked at the details it showed everything that I selected except the power extending mirrors.  Build week, last I checked, is 6 Feb, so I'll know once I'm able to pull up the window sticker. Would be disappointed, but not a deal breaker.

I have a XLT on order with the Premium Pkg that includes the Power Mirrors.  I do not see the mirrors listed individually on the tracking site, but if I click on the Package, it does still list the power mirrors.  I also do not see Block Heater or Supplemental Cab Heater listed anywhere that we added on.  Really hoping they don't get deleted.  I don't see anything anywhere in my tracking list, that specifically says something was deleted.  I would hope I get notification from Ford or my dealer if that is the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreyShadow350 said:

Thank you for sharing, I was able to track my 2023 order as well.

I have a XLT on order with the Premium Pkg that includes the Power Mirrors.  I do not see the mirrors listed individually on the tracking site, but if I click on the Package, it does still list the power mirrors.  I also do not see Block Heater or Supplemental Cab Heater listed anywhere that we added on.  Really hoping they don't get deleted.  I don't see anything anywhere in my tracking list, that specifically says something was deleted.  I would hope I get notification from Ford or my dealer if that is the case.

Greyshadow

I have a lariat ultimate ordered I don’t see my block heater listed also but I do have a gasser so I may not get it.. power mirrors are not showing but I think it’s in a package with lariat ultimate package I hope.. I would hope that the dealer would say something before it gets shipped

• Like 1

Seems like the .ca website "works" for everyone so far as you can look up the VIN and see your order, but as far as I can tell it also doesn't really say any more useful information unless you are actually in production. For me it's always said "in production" but there's no actual substance; no window sticker, as-built site doesn't show anything, and the build breakdown with all the options everyone is analyzing just seems to be how it the site breaks down the order and nothing else. Might as well be the US site that just shows "not available yet" as there's really no new info there. 

That said, still fun to pull up your order and see it. Watching to see if anyone starts to get window stickers available there.

6 hours ago, wabbastang said:

Seems like the .ca website "works" for everyone so far as you can look up the VIN and see your order, but as far as I can tell it also doesn't really say any more useful information unless you are actually in production. For me it's always said "in production" but there's no actual substance; no window sticker, as-built site doesn't show anything, and the build breakdown with all the options everyone is analyzing just seems to be how it the site breaks down the order and nothing else. Might as well be the US site that just shows "not available yet" as there's really no new info there. 

That said, still fun to pull up your order and see it. Watching to see if anyone starts to get window stickers available there.

If you want more information, contact your dealer for the print out from the VVR. At present, the weekly information I receive shows

- Order #

- VIN

- Primary Status - In order processing

- Secondary Status - Build week

- Plant - which plant is building the vehicle

- Delivery estimate - late March

The dealer has this information readily available.

32 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

If you want more information, contact your dealer for the print out from the VVR. At present, the weekly information I receive shows

- Order #

- VIN

- Primary Status - In order processing

- Secondary Status - Build week

- Plant - which plant is building the vehicle

- Delivery estimate - late March

The dealer has this information readily available.

It is easier to call or chat with Ford customer service.

4 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

It is easier to call or chat with Ford customer service.

Only when you have a very poor dealer. I'm assuming Ford doesn't call you, so you actually have to take the time to call Ford for the information and probably wait in a phone queue for an employee to answer. I'm retired and I don't have that time to waste.

My dealer requests how often I want updates, so I receive calls directly from the Sales Manager and he tasks a salesman to send a weekly email showing the VVR information. Personally, I can't imagine wasting time trying to call Ford, or connect by chat. I also prefer to deal with someone I know, rather some other person at the end of a phone, who is reading the same information the dealer has available.

So I respectfully disagree, when you have a quality dealer, it is way more convenient getting the updates from them. Make your dealer provide you with the customer service applicable to making a significant investment.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Only when you have a very poor dealer. I'm assuming Ford doesn't call you, so you actually have to take the time to call Ford for the information and probably wait in a phone queue for an employee to answer. I'm retired and I don't have that time to waste.

My dealer requests how often I want updates, so I receive calls directly from the Sales Manager and he tasks a salesman to send a weekly email showing the VVR information. Personally, I can't imagine wasting time trying to call Ford, or connect by chat. I also prefer to deal with someone I know, rather some other person at the end of a phone, who is reading the same information the dealer has available.

So I respectfully disagree, when you have a quality dealer, it is way more convenient getting the updates from them. Make your dealer provide you with the customer service applicable to making a significant investment.

Rangers09 

I’ve never had to wait to talk to someone at Ford Marketing 10mins tops from beginning of call to end … some of us don’t have the luxury of having good dealers around or close to one..The dealer I liked screwed me over so I switched dealers… I don’t know what it matters if we call Ford or not it’s our choice some of us were saying it was easier then playing phone tag or not getting the right information etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AskF350 said:

I don’t know what it matters if we call Ford or not it’s our choice some of us were saying it was easier then playing phone tag or not getting the right information etc.

I think the point is you’re letting your dealer get away with being lazy AND the dealer can give you more details from the VVR like rail car numbers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I think the point is you’re letting your dealer get away with being lazy AND the dealer can give you more details from the VVR like rail car numbers.

I asked the dealers sales rep for an email weekly showing the VVR information so I have current status. She responded that she is not sure what a VVR is. 

Please, what does VVR stand for? Found it -  Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR). The VVR is usually monitored by the inventory manager.

I also don't believe she is monitoring status as the last build week provided by dealer was 20 Feb and last week Ford Customer Service gave 6 Feb.

Today she restated the 20 Feb date.

Edited by rottekatz1
Found answer

53 minutes ago, rottekatz1 said:

I asked the dealers sales rep for an email weekly showing the VVR information so I have current status. She responded that she is not sure what a VVR is. 

Please, what does VVR stand for? Found it -  Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR). The VVR is usually monitored by the inventory manager.

I also don't believe she is monitoring status as the last build week provided by dealer was 20 Feb and last week Ford Customer Service gave 6 Feb.

Today she restated the 20 Feb date.

Sales reps don’t deal with that stuff.  Go to the sales mgr.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AskF350 said:

Rangers09 

I’ve never had to wait to talk to someone at Ford Marketing 10mins tops from beginning of call to end … some of us don’t have the luxury of having good dealers around or close to one..The dealer I liked screwed me over so I switched dealers… I don’t know what it matters if we call Ford or not it’s our choice some of us were saying it was easier then playing phone tag or not getting the right information etc.

As the moderator responded, why do you accept a lack of customer service from a company you will be paying a substantial amount of money. If you were purchasing an appliance, would you accept similar lack of customer service from the retailer and call the manufacturer directly.

You have limited options to build a relationship with the dealer, to ensure the painful part of paying the cost is painless. If you don't have a relationship, how do you know you're not going to get screwed in pricing, especially if Ford increased pricing between order and delivery. Having participated in the 2022 Super Duty thread, all the posters that had issues with price protection didn't have any relationship with the dealer. The few of us that had developed a relationship with the dealer had no pricing issues, in fact, in my case I had to point out to the Finance Manager, she didn't include the Line-X coating that was deleted from the original order and applied locally.

So yes, everyone is welcome to call Ford directly, but may I suggest, by not developing a relationship with the dealer and ensuring they provide customer service, don't bother complaining if you experience pricing issues at time of payment.

52 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

As the moderator responded, why do you accept a lack of customer service from a company you will be paying a substantial amount of money. If you were purchasing an appliance, would you accept similar lack of customer service from the retailer and call the manufacturer directly.

You have limited options to build a relationship with the dealer, to ensure the painful part of paying the cost is painless. If you don't have a relationship, how do you know you're not going to get screwed in pricing, especially if Ford increased pricing between order and delivery. Having participated in the 2022 Super Duty thread, all the posters that had issues with price protection didn't have any relationship with the dealer. The few of us that had developed a relationship with the dealer had no pricing issues, in fact, in my case I had to point out to the Finance Manager, she didn't include the Line-X coating that was deleted from the original order and applied locally.

So yes, everyone is welcome to call Ford directly, but may I suggest, by not developing a relationship with the dealer and ensuring they provide customer service, don't bother complaining if you experience pricing issues at time of payment.

I get what you are saying I’ve tried to get my dealer/salesman to respond to me in getting information.. I emailed him Friday it’s Monday evening and haven’t heard anything from him if I don’t get anything from him in the morning I’m  going to call.. last time I talked to him I had to call and ask if l received a Vin I already knew because I called Ford marketing and that was 2days after I emailed him he said he was busy 

• Like 2

I dont think we have gotten close to the Job 2 scheduling date (whenever that is supposed to be).....however given Job 2 builds are rumored not to occur until Spring (2 months from now at a minimum) it seems that scheduling is at lease a month out ..

Edited by schneesb

5 hours ago, AskF350 said:

I get what you are saying I’ve tried to get my dealer/salesman to respond to me in getting information.. I emailed him Friday it’s Monday evening and haven’t heard anything from him if I don’t get anything from him in the morning I’m  going to call.. last time I talked to him I had to call and ask if l received a Vin I already knew because I called Ford marketing and that was 2days after I emailed him he said he was busy 

Are you trying to contact a salesman, or the Sales Manager. Personally, I deal directly with the Sales Manager, who is one of the few employees who has access to all the information. The Sales Manager assigns me a salesman to provide regular updates and to fill the gas tank & other prep before delivery.

If the Sales Manager refuses to do their job, go to the General Manager or owner.