2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

1 hour ago, ampmal said:

image.thumb.png.1c361867fa803797b28d4f512ffee5bb.png

here is mine   

I think that everyone is just waiting for Ford to start shipping. I've got a 450 Lariat Ultimate that's been in production for over two weeks. A tech at the plant said that it's built, but on "Launch Hold", which I believe will be lifted once the plant passes the "ok to buy" review. That's hopefully going to happen today. Fingers crossed. It's a bit depressing seeing photos of the speedway full of trucks again. I hope that shipping is less of a disaster than it was for '22's.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HelotesAg said:

Sorry - this may have been covered, but do all of you that are tracking your trucks - either on the US site or the Canada site - already have your VIN's?  If so, how did you get the VIN?  Did Ford let you know (like the email I got a while back that said there's still no update) or did your dealer/salesman give it you outside of the Ford correspondence?  I obviously don't have a VIN yet - ordered F350 Lariat long bed on like 10/29.   Thanks!!

You are purchasing the truck from a dealer, so they should be providing you with the information.

The dealer has access to all the latest information 24/7, including whether your truck is previewing, any holds, when it gets a VIN, scheduled to week, scheduled to day, in production, built and when it is shipped, with updates on the shipping progress.

When my 22MY F-450 was scheduled, I received a call from the Sales Manager, followed up with an email. He then had a salesman provide weekly updates by email.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

You are purchasing the truck from a dealer, so they should be providing you with the information.

The dealer has access to all the latest information 24/7, including whether your truck is previewing, any holds, when it gets a VIN, scheduled to week, scheduled to day, in production, built and when it is shipped, with updates on the shipping progress.

When my 22MY F-450 was scheduled, I received a call from the Sales Manager, followed up with an email. He then had a salesman provide weekly updates by email.

Your dealer has a good operation. Many dealers don't.

This is from my dealer

Status   ETA
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time Start Date End Date ETA Disposition
In Production Sent Offsite Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-25-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD Micro Chip At Plant On Hold
In Production Received Ramp Zq, Gfx Louisville, KY Jan-18-2023, 23:56 ET TBD TBD N/A
In Production Released to Body Company Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-18-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Production Produced Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-18-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-06-2023, 12:07 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-14-2023) Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Dec-21-2022, 15:11 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-09-2023) Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Dec-15-2022, 07:39 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean   Nov-04-2022, 17:51 EDT      
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fezzik said:

This is from my dealer

Status   ETA
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time Start Date End Date ETA Disposition
In Production Sent Offsite Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-25-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD Micro Chip At Plant On Hold
In Production Received Ramp Zq, Gfx Louisville, KY Jan-18-2023, 23:56 ET TBD TBD N/A
In Production Released to Body Company Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-18-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Production Produced Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-18-2023, 00:00 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jan-06-2023, 12:07 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-14-2023) Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Dec-21-2022, 15:11 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-09-2023) Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Dec-15-2022, 07:39 EST TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean   Nov-04-2022, 17:51 EDT      

That’s a lot of TBD’s and N/A.. I was told on mine there wasn’t any chip issues with my order

30 minutes ago, mike008 said:

My dealer has been telling me all 450s are job two. How do you have a 450 in production? I thought maybe it's cause mine was a Lariat Ultimate but @kevinlk said he has one of those in production.

This is incorrect. If anything, the first part of production seems to be really 450-heavy (or at the least DRW heavy). Over on FTE a ton of 450 orders are in production.

Job 2 is King Ranch, Platinum and Limited (AND most of the new/techie options regardless of trim level).

Edited by wabbastang
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, mike008 said:

My dealer has been telling me all 450s are job two. How do you have a 450 in production? I thought maybe it's cause mine was a Lariat Ultimate but @kevinlk said he has one of those in production.

Xl Xlt  lariat are all job one order and are getting built now your dealer is lying to you

29 minutes ago, AggieF350 said:

Other than the exhaust tip which I’ll be changing when I get it I wish it was a option I ordered a black SAP don’t want a bunch of chrome on it 

I believe there will be a few more "blackout" items with the black appearance package too and I think different wheels - I don't really know until we actually get to see it though. We want the 3.55 gears too which is only available with Tremor currently. So i figure we once job 2 items comes available, we can compare the Sport to the Blackout and then go from there. I'm just not loving chrome with antimatter blue. Our 2021 F350 is antimatter and the chrome just doesn't look right to me. I'll just hurry up and wait over here, lol.

1 hour ago, AggieF350 said:

Other than the exhaust tip which I’ll be changing when I get it I wish it was a option I ordered a black SAP don’t want a bunch of chrome on it 

and the chrome around the outside of the headlights which I think will probably be there for both SAP and BAP. This white pic is the SAP. The red pic is the BAP as far as what's been posted out there.

A45B6054-37D5-4055-B307-59396410ECDB.jpeg

f78a2bfb_eccf_4e16_8924_2377bcb90153_67d29b8ebff249a0622081528e97e17847fba699.jpeg

Edited by Morgan92798
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Your dealer has a good operation. Many dealers don't.

Every dealer is capable of providing great customer service.

Yes, I am fortunate, as my Sales Manager, who I have dealt with for almost 20 years, provides excellent pricing and excellent customer service.  Unfortunately, too many customers purchase on price alone, without asking the dealer what customer service is provided during the inevitable long wait for a new vehicle.

When purchasing a retail order that may require a year or more delay, how many customers asked questions about what information the dealer will provide before signing the order? In my opinion, these questions are just as important as shopping for price.

18 hours ago, ampmal said:

Xl Xlt  lariat are all job one order and are getting built now your dealer is lying to you

I don't know why they would lie to me but I have identified misinformation from them before. Is there any publicly available proof I can show them? Before I call them out, I was thinking I was kind of waiting to see what the job 2 features looked like anyways. Some of the smart hitch stuff looks interesting for example. Does anyone have enough information about that stuff to make a decision? I haven't even seen how much any of it costs. If it is too expensive, may not be worth waiting for. If that were the case, then I'd call out my dealer and tell him to switch me from priority code 99. He has me at 99 just cause he thinks all 450s are job 2 but I figured I was waiting anyways.

Edited by mike008

2 hours ago, mike008 said:

I don't know why they would lie to me but I have identified misinformation from them before. Is there any publicly available proof I can show them? Before I call them out, I was thinking I was kind of waiting to see what the job 2 features looked like anyways. Some of the smart hitch stuff looks interesting for example. Does anyone have enough information about that stuff to make a decision? I haven't even seen how much any of it costs. If it is too expensive, may not be worth waiting for. If that were the case, then I'd call out my dealer and tell him to switch me from priority code 99. He has me at 99 just cause he thinks all 450s are job 2 but I figured I was waiting anyways.

Although proprietary, the first two pages of the Oct. order guide lays out what trims would be built in Job 1. The King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited are "Late Availability" trims, ie Job 2. There isn't anything to differentiate between the different models, just trims. As far as the late availability items, I haven't seen anything come out yet for pricing/packaging.  I'm in a status 99 too, just waiting for it to be made available. The information is supposed to be released in February with people theorizing that Job 2 scheduling begining in April.

1 hour ago, F250 order dreaming said:

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a 2023 superduty?  If so, can you share pics and thoughts?  If not, has anyone's 2023 superduty even shipped yet?

Further back in this thread, someone mentioned they just got the "OK to buy" status and the launch hold is now off. Nothing would have physically shipped prior to today.

Edited by Morgan92798
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, akirby said:

The point is you guys need to push your dealers for better customer service and if they won’t provide it go somewhere else.  Don’t just let them get away with being lazy especially on such a huge purchase.

I agree but how does someone do that once they have placed their order?  Do they cancel it and get in the back of the line at another dealer?  Do you think Ford should provide some way for buyers to transfer their order to another dealer?  There needs to be some way to punish bad dealers without also punishing the buyer.  The dealer may be Ford's customer and the buyer may be the dealer's customer but I think Ford (and others) are starting to realize they are the ones looking bad.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Monoman said:

I agree but how does someone do that once they have placed their order?  Do they cancel it and get in the back of the line at another dealer?  Do you think Ford should provide some way for buyers to transfer their order to another dealer?  There needs to be some way to punish bad dealers without also punishing the buyer.  The dealer may be Ford's customer and the buyer may be the dealer's customer but I think Ford (and others) are starting to realize they are the ones looking bad.

Call the sales manager.  Go see the sales manager in person.  Escalate to the dealer principal/owner.   If that fails either find another dealer and start over or tough it out and never do business with them again.  There is no way to transfer an order.

• Like 3

I wish it was that easy in all cases. For certain models or certain trims, the order bank opens and closes (as no one knows better than you, of course).  Then, you have no options other than to walk away and wait another year. I've been to the sales manager and the president/owner.  I've asked for some things you've mentioned on priority codes, scheduling, options etc...I get the "I've been doing this for 25 years....rest easy, you're in the best hands possible.  That said, my order from 12/1/21 was never scheduled, converted to 23, same priority codes as I had 15 months ago. Not going to bat for me either on rebates to better offset the 8k MSRP increase.  "Consider yourself lucky you got anything" After talking to the owner, nothing else I can do now but hope. 

Most recently, I wanted to add a Tremor package...was told we have limited allocations on that package...but, Ive never heard this elsewhere from any other buyer.  At this dealer, adding a Tremor package for $4k wipes away their typical off MSRP discount, plus adds 3k mark up on top of that. It becomes a 12k package on my order. They don't have to offer discounts and their choice to decide when and where, I get that. If I could order this truck again from another dealer and pay MSRP, I might even consider it...but with a Platinum, I have no chance of even doing that. So I wait for a truck to show up again and I have to decide if a Tremor package is worth 12k.  It's not.