2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

On 2/1/2023 at 5:36 AM, AggieF350 said:

It is a different color.. we went up to Dearborn after Christmas and saw a Raptor at our hotel and I think it had that color if it’s the same color then I should have ordered my truck with that color and the sport appearance package… I’ve heard to many problems with the Star White there was a dealer here giving $5k off of a Super Duty because the paint was wrong and not correct… so I ordered Black 

What problems have you heard of with the Star White paint?    I have a 2023 KR 7.3L Star White on order (bumped from a 2022 which was ordered 5 Jan 2022).

My window sticker with the codes that I could decipher. I'll modify the sticker if I'm told what some of the other codes mean.
Was invoiced on 2 Feb. Order Tracker shows In Production on 14 Feb. Truck build was completed on 14 Feb and My Truck is at ramp 1K Kentucy Truck Plant (Probably the holding area awaiting OKTB.) Its built. Completed on the 14th. Waiting on 6 campaigns to clear. And oktb

windowsticker explained.pdf

Edited by rottekatz1

12 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:
My window sticker with the codes that I could decipher. I'll modify the sticker if I'm told what some of the other codes mean.
Was invoiced on 2 Feb. Order Tracker shows In Production on 14 Feb. Truck build was completed on 14 Feb and My Truck is at ramp 1K Kentucy Truck Plant (Probably the holding area awaiting OKTB.) Its built. Completed on the 14th. Waiting on a 6 campaigns to clear. And oktb

windowsticker explained.pdf

Mine up at the top has codes in CERT/TRD/CAMP also. I believe that date under 'special order' you have circled as 'invoice date' is actually the day the window sticker was first generated. I'm surprised that more info on these hasn't been decoded at this point. 

FYI you blanked out the end of your vin in the upper right, but that large PECxxxxx in the green box is the other half (the part that's vehicle-specific and they must use to identify on the line). It really doesn't matter anyway, VINs are published all over the place. 

58 minutes ago, wabbastang said:

Mine up at the top has codes in CERT/TRD/CAMP also. (I didn't find anything that defined these codes) I believe that date under 'special order' you have circled as 'invoice date' is actually the day the window sticker was first generated(I believe that the window sticker is first generated when the vehicle is invoiced, so either definition could apply) I'm surprised that more info on these hasn't been decoded at this point.  (Me Too!)

Knowing the codes won't help the truck get here faster, but I'm an information Junky.  I just want to know all that there is to know.  One of the codes was identified as the price code on a site and the price code on my DORA does not match what would be identified as the price code on my window sticker, so I didn't mention it.

Edited by rottekatz1

I’m assuming I’m like some of you on here . I see lots of posts where people got their vins and a date . I haven’t . Ordered 10/27/22. No trims or items that were supposed to be job 2 and still nothing . Is it likely I have nothing because I’m priority 19? I’m guessing that’s the case . Just wondering if there are others like me out there :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, livinlogs said:

I’m assuming I’m like some of you on here . I see lots of posts where people got their vins and a date . I haven’t . Ordered 10/27/22. No trims or items that were supposed to be job 2 and still nothing . Is it likely I have nothing because I’m priority 19? I’m guessing that’s the case . Just wondering if there are others like me out there :) 

You won't get an email from Ford unless your dealer put your email address on the original order.  You could go on the Ford website and query your order on a chat. You can also contact the New Vehicle Support Team for further assistance. You can reach them at 1-800-334-4375. Their hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday).

1 hour ago, livinlogs said:

Same here! Ordered a pretty standard F350 Lariat Ultimate on 10/28 and nothing back from Ford. Dealer tells me it will be scheduled "any day now" but they've said that for two months. They did upgrade me from priority 19 to priority 10 about 4 weeks ago and still nada. They also said that the factory is reporting "no constraints" on options so nothing should be delaying the scheduling. I saw a photo today on Facebook of the Kentucky Racetrack "storage parking lot" with 1000's of  super dutys waiting for the OKTB. So seems like until that is done, nobody is getting one. I guess I'd rather have mine built later and shipped immediately rather than have it sitting in a lot for who knows how long. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Same here! I’m pri 12 7.3 f350 standard lariat with SAP and 4.30 gears. Nothing insane. According to my dealer he had three orders scheduled which then made me third in line based on priority only to get scheduled. This was before the reports of delaminating issues with the 7.3 that I’ve seen on other forums and folks getting their build dates pushed back from February to the end of April. Just plan on continuing to wait and stack that cash to lower the finance payment. 

34 minutes ago, F350Fanatic said:

Same here! I’m pri 12 7.3 f350 standard lariat with SAP and 4.30 gears. Nothing insane. According to my dealer he had three orders scheduled which then made me third in line based on priority only to get scheduled. This was before the reports of delaminating issues with the 7.3 that I’ve seen on other forums and folks getting their build dates pushed back from February to the end of April. Just plan on continuing to wait and stack that cash to lower the finance payment. 

What’s going on with the 7.3 ? I saw something awhile back but thought they had fix that problem 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AggieF350 said:

What’s going on with the 7.3 ? I saw something awhile back but thought they had fix that problem 

I may be wrong and this was an old issue that was fixed already but I saw a bunch of videos and comments posted recently across forums that issues were found with the cams and lifters delaminating. I hope I’m wrong I chose the engine because it is supposed to be a beast and super reliable. Plus I don’t tow enough to justify the 6.7. 

Gig ‘em!

That’s what I heard was about the Cam.. YouTube has had a few videos recently about them the videos I’ve seen the people on them haven’t had issues they were just talking about the issue.. I thought I heard back in 20 or 21 that they had issues with the cams but have seen issues as of recent.. I got the 7.3 like you I wouldn’t be towing enough for the diesel… I don’t think it’ll stop me from canceling my order.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:00 AM, F350Fanatic said:

3 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

Found out today my order has been pushed now to the build week of May 29th???

That’s a bummer but now I know my 10/27 order that still doesn’t have a vin isn’t happening until after then and I’m wondering if I will even get a 23 model . I called Ford  marketing last week and they saw my order as confirmed but still no build date . That’s weird that you have a build date 3 months from now . Do you have anything that was supposed to be job 2 build ? 

Speaking of which; has anyone who has a higher trim level or a job 2 item been told when that will be available? My dealer hasn't gotten back to me and I've not seen any news regarding any of these things so I've not pressed the issue. F450 KR HO6.7, waiting on onboard scales and trailer 360 system info.

37 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

Speaking of which; has anyone who has a higher trim level or a job 2 item been told when that will be available? My dealer hasn't gotten back to me and I've not seen any news regarding any of these things so I've not pressed the issue. F450 KR HO6.7, waiting on onboard scales and trailer 360 system info.

This video is probably the latest and best actual info there is as of last Thursday.

An interesting point to remember is that the order guides were not complete with all the job 2 options when the guide was initially put out back in October, so as soon as the updated guide is out you will want to update your order with the dealer before scheduling happens.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, livinlogs said:

That’s a bummer but now I know my 10/27 order that still doesn’t have a vin isn’t happening until after then and I’m wondering if I will even get a 23 model . I called Ford  marketing last week and they saw my order as confirmed but still no build date . That’s weird that you have a build date 3 months from now . Do you have anything that was supposed to be job 2 build ? 

I have nothing that’s job 2 I originally had a build date of February 20th then it was moved to April   And now moved to May.. I had no chip issues in the beginning so they said… I’m wondering if the dealer has done something wrong and it keeps getting pushed out I mean if it gets pushed a couple more times I’ll be looking at Fall/Winter delivery… and on top of that the dealer told me yesterday that 24s are supposed to start in September and they haven’t even said anything about Job 2s so I don’t know how in the world they are going to get this done .. I think if it gets pushed a few more times I’ll cancel my order and probably look for something used I don’t want to go that route as I ordered this truck to my specs. 

I noticed something interesting on the build site. If you select the winch, it requires dual alternators ( 410 amp) but if you select the 2K Pro-Power onboard, it says it deletes the 410 amp dual alternators which are required for the winch.   So.... has anybody been scheduled for production who has selected both the Winch and Pro-Power?? 

Also per the video, we should delete wheel well liners.   Anybody been scheduled for production who has front and rear liners?

Just grasping at straws as to why my truck isn't being scheduled.  ( F350 SRW LWB 7.3 Lariat Ultimate - order placed 10-28)

14 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Mine was placed 10/29 there are other that was placed the day before and a few days after that haven’t received Vins or build weeks @ the same dealership.. all I ordered was a 350 7.3 lariat ultimate with sport appearance pkg..with a few options nothing crazy.. no job 2 stuff 

59 minutes ago, F250 order dreaming said:

I just got a text from my salesman that my 23 f250 ccsb lariate is supposed to be delivered the middle of this month... has anyone else heard anything? Seems a bit suspect to me since we haven't heard anything on the oktb yet.

Last week my dealer told me that mine was scheduled for delivery Mar 29. She did not know that the lots were filling up with MY 2023s; she said that those were MY 2022s. I advised her that most of the 2022s had been shipped and that the lots were refilling with 2023s pending Ford issuing an OKTB. She was surprised. So, little do they know.