2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

19 hours ago, XLT_CO said:

Dealer told me my 2023 F250 XLT 7.3 Tremor is built and they have it in "storage" and are not giving the dealer any timing on shipping WTF is going on ?????

Storage means that it is parked off site waiting on the OK to Ship.  If it's a gas truck, then it should be coming back to the plant to be processed down the final inspection line and out the door for shipping.  Diesel trucks are still waiting for the OK to Ship.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:40 AM, system said:

The spray liner is a constraint but won't necessarily stop your build... but understandable that you would want to eliminate anything that could delay you. Dropping an option would depend on how far along they are with scheduling your build they are. Do you have a VIN and window sticker yet? If so, it may well be too late...

Have a vin and dealer says it's un-amenable.  So fingers crossed

• Like 1

Has anyone heard what Ford is doing for us that have been pushed into a 2023 from a 2022. I have had my f-350 platinum dwl diesel on order since 10/5/2021. My dealer replaced my order the day Ford opened up the new order bank. 

2 hours ago, waloud said:

Storage means that it is parked off site waiting on the OK to Ship.  If it's a gas truck, then it should be coming back to the plant to be processed down the final inspection line and out the door for shipping.  Diesel trucks are still waiting for the OK to Ship.

Can you drop any clues about when oktb might happen for diesels? I've seen 4/13 tossed around, but that's awfully late and hard to believe that no diesels will ship until then. Thanks!

15 hours ago, mitime said:

Has anyone actually seen that in writing or gotten it?

Yes I have been told that by Ford and the dealer a few weeks after I converted my order over to a 23.  Unfortunately the price increase on my build went up almost $8K and I have to wait for Job 02.  It's getting tougher to wait for the truck originally ordered in December 2021.      

20 hours ago, XLT_CO said:

Yes, mine is a 7.3 gas. whats the general timing of rolling it back down the production line for final processing to ship? 2 weeks? 1 month?

Wished I had that answer.  They have people working 7x12 at the storage lots to have them ready to come back to the plant.  As far as production, we are running only gas trucks this week.  The last I heard about diesel OK to ship was mid April, but that could change at any time.

• Like 1

Monoman - We are in the exact same boat. I ordered Dec 1, 2021. F250 Platinum.  Re-ordered 11/14/22 with just over an $8k USD increase (and 5k rebate) as my dealer waited until they were for sure not going to see it built which was then close to the last order day of 23s.  So I think I went from one of the oldest orders to actually an order now towards the end of the line...which is crazy.  If the rumors are true about current supply issues, we will likely never see the 23 either on these higher-end trims. I suspect after that, we will be entirely on our own with regular pricing and no rebates if we are forced to order a 24. 

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

Monoman - We are in the exact same boat. I ordered Dec 1, 2021. F250 Platinum.  Re-ordered 11/14/22 with just over an $8k USD increase (and 5k rebate) as my dealer waited until they were for sure not going to see it built which was then close to the last order day of 23s.  So I think I went from one of the oldest orders to actually an order now towards the end of the line...which is crazy.  If the rumors are true about current supply issues, we will likely never see the 23 either on these higher-end trims. I suspect after that, we will be entirely on our own with regular pricing and no rebates if we are forced to order a 24. 

Everything is crazy these days I think what should have happened was rolled 22 orders over to 23s and did 23s lower trims to lariat and shut the order banks down then when the were able sell ship and have supplies start on higher trims… it’s getting to the point they will have to build 200k-300k trucks before September switch over to 24s if that’s when they will do it.. Then the other thing is workers in the plant with fatigue and QC and just pushing vehicles out 

7 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

"Carryover" orders are supposed to get priority .... assuming the dealerships and Ford handle it all correctly.  Having said that, priority is not guarantee. 

On 3/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, Wizardfitz said:

Saw this from town and country for

Starting off with the restrictions on the 2023 Super duty. First is the Tremor Package. Currently Ford is only able to produce 10% of all Tremor Package Super Duty’s. The next restriction is engines. The 6.8L Engine has an 8% restriction. With the 6.7 Diesel Engine, theyre only able to produce 29% of those. Lastly they are only able to make 10% of the 6.7L High output Engine. The next restriction is the 12 inch productivity screen. Ford is only able to produce 36% of these screens. When it comes to Moonroofs, Ford is only able to produce 20% of Super Dutys with that option. The #1 restriction that is wrecking orders is the factory installed bed cover. Less than 1% of orders nationwide will be able to be built with that option. Next is the platform running boards that Ford is only able to make 11% of those orders. When it comes to tires, there is one tire option that Ford is only able to make 2% of. That is the 19 inch BSW Traction tire. If you want a bed liner, only 20% of Spray in bed are being made right now. Lastly is the 5th wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package. Ford is only able to produce 26% of those at this time.

Clown world.  It’s laughable at this point.

On 3/9/2023 at 6:26 AM, mitime said:

Has anyone actually seen that in writing or gotten it?

When I talk to Ford corporate back in November. She said they would be extending PCO’s and giving us an incentive depending on what model you had. I asked what that incentive would be. She said it would not be known until the day you’re there to sign the paperwork. which kind of sucks. 

they decided to push through my ‘22 last minute which is fine. I got that two months ago. With all these delays now, I could not imagine waiting another year on top of the year already wasted. 

My '22 came through in 8 months from order to delivery.  It had a couple of things removed (self induced) to help the build. I had thought about ordering a '23 to upgrade a couple of things. I am now very glad I didn't. I will just go aftermarket to upgrade. Sounds like you '23 guys are in for a ride.

As everyone here knows, there has been no consistency with the CA or US tracking sites. I usually check it once a day for the heck of it. It’s always said “Order Confirmed” even with a vin and build date (2/20 to 4/24 to 5/29 to 3/21). Today is first day it looks like it is accurate for me at least. This is the US site for ref. 

278B4657-3F0C-4792-A7A6-4177F99DAC38.png

Both sites have shown me as in production since mid Feb. I had a build week of Feb 13th and then a date of Feb 16th. Shortly after my modules came to life on the Ford Service site so I was indeed built. The tracking sites haven't updated for me since Feb 24th. Both chat and my dealer's system show me as built, on ramp 1K released to carrier and awaiting carrier pickup. My dealer has an ETA in his system of 3/21 but I don't see that happening. A late March, early April delivery would be sweet though...