2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

9 hours ago, waloud said:

We was told at the plant to expect full production starting this Monday.  Hopefully we can get this production going.

Does that mean back to producing 6.7's? I had read somewhere that you were building only gassers for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livinlogs said:

Anyone get there 23 yet ? I’m still not scheduled, ordered 10/27/22 

Yes the first '23s have been making their way to dealers with a few actually in customer hands. At this point they are all gas (7.3 specifically) as the diesels haven't begun shipping yet. The factory seems to be in full production mode though, and things are now getting sceduled.

There are lots of threads that explain the process, but in summary to make sure you get scheduled: You need to not have any options that are constrained (unavailable), and your dealer needs to have allocation available (dealers are allotted a certain number of trucks out of the total production). Then if both those are met, the order priority code that your dealer sets controls how soon you get picked from their orders. This is typically 10-19, with 10 being first and 19 being last among their group.

1 hour ago, wabbastang said:

Yes the first '23s have been making their way to dealers with a few actually in customer hands. At this point they are all gas (7.3 specifically) as the diesels haven't begun shipping yet. The factory seems to be in full production mode though, and things are now getting sceduled.

There are lots of threads that explain the process, but in summary to make sure you get scheduled: You need to not have any options that are constrained (unavailable), and your dealer needs to have allocation available (dealers are allotted a certain number of trucks out of the total production). Then if both those are met, the order priority code that your dealer sets controls how soon you get picked from their orders. This is typically 10-19, with 10 being first and 19 being last among their group.

Yeah I’m priority 19 so probably last to be scheduled. No constraint options . Didn’t order anything considered job 2 but is the HO diesel . So maybe it will get scheduled for early summer :) 

Any word on when diesels will start shipping? Mine was produced 2/9 and sitting somewhere on a lot. Hoping it is soon as I am very anxious. I am sure Ford is doing everything they can to get whatever it is (rumored EPA) approved so they can ship, but the lack of communication has been slightly frustrating. I've already read of a few people jumping ship to a GM or Ram as they are tired of waiting.

1 hour ago, Dsmoto32 said:

Any word on when diesels will start shipping? Mine was produced 2/9 and sitting somewhere on a lot. Hoping it is soon as I am very anxious. I am sure Ford is doing everything they can to get whatever it is (rumored EPA) approved so they can ship, but the lack of communication has been slightly frustrating. I've already read of a few people jumping ship to a GM or Ram as they are tired of waiting.

You're a better person than I am if you're just slightly frustrated :).

38 minutes ago, Dsmoto32 said:

I'm being nice by saying "slightly" lol ;)

I saw someone announce that the Job2 order banks open this afternoon. Those trucks will probably be delivered before our Job1 trucks that have been sitting around for over a month. 

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

I saw someone announce that the Job2 order banks open this afternoon. Those trucks will probably be delivered before our Job1 trucks that have been sitting around for over a month. 

Wouldn't surprise me. The good thing that our trucks are already built means there most likely aren't any missing items from shortages. Ex: Heated Steering Wheel, CHMSL Camera, etc.

46 minutes ago, XLT_CO said:

If my truck has been built  and put in storage ( 7.3 xlt) per salesman at dealer, would they have the VIN? if I could get the VIN, would I be able to track my truck since the dealer has no clue?

Yes, your dealer can supply your VIN and order number and you can track it on Fords tracking website. Tracking website doesn't give much info, but at least it's something. You can also reach out to Ford Chat with your VIN and they can give you a more indepth update with the Primary and Secondary Status of your vehicle. My guess it's: Primary - In Production, Secondary - Offsite. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dsmoto32 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. The good thing that our trucks are already built means there most likely aren't any missing items from shortages. Ex: Heated Steering Wheel, CHMSL Camera, etc.

I totally agree with that. I keep waiting for them to start dropping features. I'm half surprised that they opened up the J2 order banks. If they can build those, maybe than can ship ours.

6 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Yeah I’m priority 19 so probably last to be scheduled. No constraint options . Didn’t order anything considered job 2 but is the HO diesel . So maybe it will get scheduled for early summer :) 

If your dealer only ordered one truck, you are next for that dealer. The 10 through 19 priorities are for that specific dealershiop.

My build just pulled a u-turn. About 2 weeks ago or so I was told by chat that I was built and released to carrier but I hadn't been picked up yet by said carrier. (Tracker still showed "in production.") The truck was on ramp 1k at KTP and awaiting pickup. Flash forward to last week and I was only listed as in production by chat. No more mention of ramp location or carrier release. My dealer did have an ETA of 3/21 though so that was a positive. Moving forward again to today and chat says I'm now offsite. My dealer's system shows me as "on the road" but current location is Sparta and gives GPS coordinates. I search these and find it's now at the KY Speedway. Looks like 3/21 is a bust... Not sure what the situation is but I was built with no chip holds and no constraints as of 2 weeks back. Hmmmm....

12 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

So, if job 2 order banks opened, does that mean the ordering guide came out(the updated one)? I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet. Anyone else hear on J2 items?

As of yesterday, Ford Video Guy said he didn’t haven’t the order guide yet, just codes and prices. Build and Price still hasn't updated with job 2 items yet (as of me writing this). We haven’t heard from our dealer yet either. I’m wondering if it’ll be Monday after Ford does the big webcast with theirs dealers.

Some hope! My build was updated yesterday to 3/29/23! It used to be 4/24/23. 
F350 Ultimate lariat crew 7.3 2kw w/ spray liner.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Any thoughts on how long a train trip to the west coast takes?

Edited by truckasaur