2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

40 minutes ago, ampmal said:

whoever is running ford needs to step down!   while ford struggles getting out 2023s to dealers chevy has there 2024s already arriving. its a shame poor leadership.  

It's Chris Farley's cousin if you can believe that... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Forgirl2003 said:

As of yesterday, Ford Video Guy said he didn’t haven’t the order guide yet, just codes and prices. Build and Price still hasn't updated with job 2 items yet (as of me writing this). We haven’t heard from our dealer yet either. I’m wondering if it’ll be Monday after Ford does the big webcast with theirs dealers.

I got an email from my dealer saying that they haven't released the ability to add in the on-board scales which is what I was waiting for and whether I should push the order without it or wait to see when it goes live. I'm on the fence because from what I can tell it would be a very useful  tool without me having to go to the scales each time. What do you guys think?

8 hours ago, truckasaur said:

Some hope! My build was updated yesterday to 3/29/23! It used to be 4/24/23. 
F350 Ultimate lariat crew 7.3 2kw w/ spray liner.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Any thoughts on how long a train trip to the west coast takes?

Mine made it in 15 days, but dealer's average from KTP is 23 days to Vancouver.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, waloud said:

We was told at the plant to expect full production starting this Monday.  Hopefully we can get this production going.

Apparently some FB plant guys are saying that you got oktb on diesels Friday and several people say that their diesel has shipped. Have you heard anything? 

Ok, so my dealer got back to me and said that KR has on-board scales as standard equipment and that the J2 bank opened for it, so mine is in at priority 10. (And I removed the spray in bed liner option.) Now I just have to wait for all the planets to align so that my build can actually get picked up. ??

Edited by ImmortalJman
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ampmal said:

This is Terrible!!!! they can blame supply issues all they want, but the customers know better. I know 2 suppliers that were told to hold product. I'm starting to think this is intentional.

That is how just in time inventory works.  If they cannot get all of the specific parts they need to build something (i.e. a trim line), then they hold off on all of the specific parts for it (that trim line).   They simply do not have the space to hold onto parts that are not going to be used immediately.   if the line shuts down for any significant amount of time then they have to hold off all parts. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, ampmal said:

whoever is running ford needs to step down!   while ford struggles getting out 2023s to dealers chevy has there 2024s already arriving. its a shame poor leadership.  

It's because Ford is in much higher demand than the other guys; let them have their Chevy's. They have them on lots because they're not moving them.

And to be frank, everyone has different supply issues. I've seen things come out of the blue that no one would love expected to affect another business. The ripple effect to the extreme.

Ordered my F350 Platinum on 10/28/22.  On December 15th, I received the email from Ford saying "Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what."  On January 29th, I got that 45 day email update as promised.  So with that being the last email I've seen from them which is now 50 days ago, I guess I can officially say that Ford broke their promise.  Imagine that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ampmal said:

I'm calling for the ceo of ford to step down.  this is some bullshit people need their vehicles. 

That won’t get parts here any faster.  Maybe all the CEOs at every company should step down because they’re all having supply issues.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ddb said:

Ordered my F350 Platinum on 10/28/22.  On December 15th, I received the email from Ford saying "Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what."  On January 29th, I got that 45 day email update as promised.  So with that being the last email I've seen from them which is now 50 days ago, I guess I can officially say that Ford broke their promise.  Imagine that.

Yeah, I ordered 10/28 as well ( F350 Lariat Ultimate) and only received 1 email and it was at 90 days. It's been another 50 days since that email with no update and no build scheduled. I'm priority 10 at a huge dealership in Dallas so I have no idea why the delay in scheduling. 

I am still waiting for my F-350 XLT Reg Cab 8' box SRW, I was also told by the way I ordered that it would most likely be built earlier than expected to be ready if it shows up sooner than later & still nothing just 1 update from ford themselves. So I don't understand why they can't get a pretty basic truck built how are they jumping up to the higher trim levels? Just wait & see I guess!

On Monday my dealer called me and said my VIN had been created and I was scheduled for production on 29 March 2023. What was weird was that the ford tracking website said “week of 29 March” on Tuesday morning the status changed to in production. Does this actually mean my truck is being built or is it more that the parts are being prepared for the assembly line and the truck will actually be built a few days from now? I’m just curious what I should expect going forward. I’m not worried about the shipping because I will get those updates and “tracking” from the dealer. I just know there is a lot happening behind the scenes at the plant that they order tracking site does not show. 

Thank you!

F4F43944-9C74-4756-A26B-511D395BD911.png

35 minutes ago, system said:

When you have a date show up under "in production" you will know that it's actually in the process of being built. To verify it's built, you can always use your VIN number on the Ford Service website. If all the modules populate, then you know she's alive... 

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt

Thanks that’s awesome. I was wondering where folks were seeing their modules come to life.

I had finally relaxed on waiting for my order and now it’s all I can think about again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F350Fanatic said:

On Monday my dealer called me and said my VIN had been created and I was scheduled for production on 29 March 2023. What was weird was that the ford tracking website said “week of 29 March” on Tuesday morning the status changed to in production. Does this actually mean my truck is being built or is it more that the parts are being prepared for the assembly line and the truck will actually be built a few days from now? I’m just curious what I should expect going forward. I’m not worried about the shipping because I will get those updates and “tracking” from the dealer. I just know there is a lot happening behind the scenes at the plant that they order tracking site does not show. 

Thank you!

When mine showed "In Production" in the tracker,  my F-450 order was sent to the plant. A day after seeing "In Production" my window sticker was available.