2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

5 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

If that’s the case imma be p$$ed…I’ll give it till October 27th 2023 and if I don’t have it in the driveway I’ll just cancel the order and may find one on a lot somewhere 

That's why I ordered a 23. There were too many 21's with like 65-100k miles on them and they were still asking a 35-44k price premium. I saw a 21 Lariat Ult, with 65k miles and they posted the original window sticker (I think to rub it in) in the pics...it was 25k more than when it was brand new, without 65k miles!!! And because there's has been a decreasing stock if new inventory it will still be that way because they know there isn't any other option. That is why I'm sticking with my order.

52 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

That's why I ordered a 23. There were too many 21's with like 65-100k miles on them and they were still asking a 35-44k price premium. I saw a 21 Lariat Ult, with 65k miles and they posted the original window sticker (I think to rub it in) in the pics...it was 25k more than when it was brand new, without 65k miles!!! And because there's has been a decreasing stock if new inventory it will still be that way because they know there isn't any other option. That is why I'm sticking with my order.

I almost bought a 20 lariat with 11K miles on it the only thing was it was $72k and said price wasn’t negotiable I said no thanks I’ll just order one..

32 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

That's fine with me. If you can't get it hitched up with the camera, you need to find something else to do, anyway. :) 

Same here. Mine is built without it and I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want to pay $600 for a feature that is redundant to the backup cam being pointed at the hitch. I'll never use the pro backup assist either but I'm stuck with that one....

We all should have known what current affairs are in the automotive industry.. Those who thought this was a 2019 world should have known better. 

I’ve got a 20’ Limited with 16K on the meter. I ordered the 23’ in anticipation of trading for a 24’. 
No issue here. 
We are living in a different world. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, George C said:

We all should have known what current affairs are in the automotive industry.. Those who thought this was a 2019 world should have known better. 

I’ve got a 20’ Limited with 16K on the meter. I ordered the 23’ in anticipation of trading for a 24’. 
No issue here. 
We are living in a different world. 

I did the same thing. I have a 21 Platinum ordered a 23 platinum in hopes it will either be here in October or I’ll get a 24 Platty next summer. Rolling the dice. 

Only thing that does blow my mind just a little is Ram is having zero issue getting their trucks out. I had two buddies order Rams 1 mega cab limited Cummins and 1 mega cab long horn Cummins. Both ordered late December. The limited is already delivered and the long horn is scheduled to deliver today or Monday. 

2 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I did the same thing. I have a 21 Platinum ordered a 23 platinum in hopes it will either be here in October or I’ll get a 24 Platty next summer. Rolling the dice. 

Only thing that does blow my mind just a little is Ram is having zero issue getting their trucks out. I had two buddies order Rams 1 mega cab limited Cummins and 1 mega cab long horn Cummins. Both ordered late December. The limited is already delivered and the long horn is scheduled to deliver today or Monday. 

I'll suggest the RAM order banks are a fraction of what Ford has. Last I read, KTP has close to 200,000 orders, while last year it was around 300,000. RAM isn't outselling Super Duty, so the demand for Ford trucks is considerably higher.

Also saw adverts a few days ago that RAM are offering some significant discounts to purchase one of their trucks, which means they aren't selling well. Local RAM dealer even has trucks on the lot for sale. Whereas, at my dealer he has no F-series trucks on the lot, everything is sold.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I'll suggest the RAM order banks are a fraction of what Ford has. Last I read, KTP has close to 200,000 orders, while last year it was around 300,000. RAM isn't outselling Super Duty, so the demand for Ford trucks is considerably higher.

Also saw adverts a few days ago that RAM are offering some significant discounts to purchase one of their trucks, which means they aren't selling well. Local RAM dealer even has trucks on the lot for sale. Whereas, at my dealer he has no F-series trucks on the lot, everything is sold.

I just had a friend buy a new hd truck . Ended up with a Duramax, couldn’t find a ford . I know this is off track. Loved the ram interior but got a deal on the Chevy . Ram dealer noted their biggest issue is selling the ram 6 sp auto against the 10 sp gm and ford . Just perceptions. They actually have materials to show why the 6 sp is better to help . I had a ram 3500 Ho with aisin. Obviously in a 350 6.7 now 

3 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Any 23’s show up . Had a friend ordered same day as me 10/27 lariat 350 6.7 . His shipped last week . Mine still no vin or build . Same dealer . Mine has tremor , his doesn’t . Mine also has onboard power so maybe those are the things holding mine . 

I have heard tremors are going to be slow coming out because of various constraint items. Not sure what to believe...

29 minutes ago,  Elf said:

My 2023 F-350 XLT 6.7 diesel (non-HO) finally shipped out:

• Order entered 2022/10/27
  • Scheduled 2023/02/10
  • In Production 2023/02/14
  • Built 2023/03/22
  • Shipped 2023/03/24

It says delivery ETA is between 4/10 - 4/23

Mine have both been built for over a week... just waiting on shipping. Seems like an eternity just to ship.

1 hour ago,  Elf said:

My 2023 F-350 XLT 6.7 diesel (non-HO) finally shipped out:

• Order entered 2022/10/27
  • Scheduled 2023/02/10
  • In Production 2023/02/14
  • Built 2023/03/22
  • Shipped 2023/03/24

It says delivery ETA is between 4/10 - 4/23

shipped in 2 days, dang that's fast

Edit: Found the answer to my own questions. BAP excludes deployable steps and no on needing Tremor too.

Has anyone tried adding the deployable running boards with the black appearance package? We ordered a Lariat back in Nov and were waiting on job 2 items before flipping from priority 99. Our dealer just told us he’s waiting to hear back from Ford on if we can get those with the black appearance package. It doesn’t help that build and price isn't showing job 2 items so I can’t try it for myself. 

Edited to add: Now we’ve been told we have to add Tremor to get the black appearance package. Anyone being told this too? 

Edited by Forgirl2003

15 hours ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Edit: Found the answer to my own questions. BAP excludes deployable steps and no on needing Tremor too.

Has anyone tried adding the deployable running boards with the black appearance package? We ordered a Lariat back in Nov and were waiting on job 2 items before flipping from priority 99. Our dealer just told us he’s waiting to hear back from Ford on if we can get those with the black appearance package. It doesn’t help that build and price isn't showing job 2 items so I can’t try it for myself. 

Edited to add: Now we’ve been told we have to add Tremor to get the black appearance package. Anyone being told this too? 

Are you sure? I have seen online one of fords show super-duty's is a red lariat with the BAP, I can ask my dealer about it see what they say, but I currently have a plat on order not a lariat so I cant get BAP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fordsixsev said:

Are you sure? I have seen online one of fords show super-duty's is a red lariat with the BAP, I can ask my dealer about it see what they say, but I currently have a plat on order not a lariat so I cant get BAP

We figured out the issue and now all is good, thankfully. They had added on Tremor and the BAP,  this allowed for the power deployed steps and gave us the 3.55 gears.  Once our guy took the Tremor package and steps off, he was able to add the BAP and the 3.55 gears just fine. There's still a glitch though because for whatever reason you can't add FX4 and get the 3.55 gears. We'll do without the FX4 and get the power deployed steps later.