2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

If those aren't LED is the outer ring in white led? with that grill it's an upgraded grill since it's not your XL or XLT grill & those were the only 2 where shown with the 2 bar grill. I like that grill a lot better than the XLT grill, it just makes the front end look that much more likable than just the separate center grill & the halogen light hanging off the end, I would like to see if that grill could go on my XLT it would look so much nicer in my opinion. I also thought they would have LEDs front & rear since that was in the PKG if you have LEDs in the front you would think they would include the taillights also. They did say @ the beginning you could have the LEDs as an option on every trim level, but when I ordered mine, you couldn't get them in the XLT & that's not what they were saying. Just like the XM & NAV were described as being part of the 360 camera PKG but now they say only in the XLT Plus PKG & only in an SC & CC, not an RC so that was a letdown & was one of the reasons for adding the upgraded radio with the 360 camera PKG. I don't understand why you need the CC or the SC to get the 12" radio but not in the RC when all the stuff is there. Do you think they are running low on parts so getting the truck made without is better than no truck waiting to be made with LEDs? I am in the Boston, MA area & I haven't seen any 23 or heard anyone saying they got theirs so far. I guess mine might be the 1st around here to be delivered & actually be able to see in person what you actually get compared to the order guide & see one in person. the update says it will be @ the dealer on the 10th only they know for sure, I will check in with the dealer today & see if they can tell me where it is along the route here. overall how do you like the truck & how are others reacting to the new design? The pic on my pg shows the truck the way it was going to look like as per other pictures I have seen of XLT`s even the inside pictures were in line with the guide & ad pictures that were shown around

Ice-Capades: Does Ford have a process in place to change the trim level from say Limited to Platinum (while keeping the same pricing level that the order was placed at) on an order that was already placed and confirmed, as the order bank for the '23 Superduty closed back in November for Lariat, Platinum, and Limited? My order is currently "unscheduled" for Job 2.

3 hours ago, aj4695 said:

Ice-Capades: Does Ford have a process in place to change the trim level from say Limited to Platinum (while keeping the same pricing level that the order was placed at) on an order that was already placed and confirmed, as the order bank for the '23 Superduty closed back in November for Lariat, Platinum, and Limited? My order is currently "unscheduled" for Job 2.

As aKirby replied, changing the trim by changing the Order Code (#608A, 700A, 703A, etc.) creates a new order with a new order date. The original order will/should remain in the order bank along with the "new" order so that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will show 2 orders with the same order number. Error notices such as compatibility, etc. will be noted in the VINView report.   

1 hour ago, XLT_CO said:

several dealers now posting of 2023 fleet and base xl vehicles on their lots. Anyone with a Tremor package and pro-power on board take delivery yet?

I have lariat ultimate tremor pro power with 6.7 Ho that ordered 10/27. No vin yet . So there’s that 

1 hour ago, livinlogs said:

I have lariat ultimate tremor pro power with 6.7 Ho that ordered 10/27. No vin yet . So there’s that 

I ordered a F250 XLT Tremor on ~ 10/20 with the 7.3 and pro-power and nothing on my end either

If those aren't LED is the outer ring in white led? with that grill it's an upgraded grill since it's not your XL or XLT grill & those were the only 2 where shown with the 2 bar grill. I like that grill a lot better than the XLT grill, it just makes the front end look that much more likable than just the separate center grill & the halogen light hanging off the end, I would like to see if that grill could go on my XLT it would look so much nicer in my opinion. I also thought they would have LEDs front & rear since that was in the PKG if you have LEDs in the front you would think they would include the taillights also. They did say @ the beginning you could have the LEDs as an option on every trim level, but when I ordered mine, you couldn't get them in the XLT & that's not what they were saying. Just like the XM & NAV were described as being part of the 360 camera PKG but now they say only in the XLT Plus PKG & only in an SC & CC, not an RC so that was a letdown & was one of the reasons for adding the upgraded radio with the 360 camera PKG. I don't understand why you need the CC or the SC to get the 12" radio but not in the RC when all the stuff is there. Do you think they are running low on parts so getting the truck made without is better than no truck waiting to be made with LEDs? I am in the Boston, MA area & I haven't seen any 23 or heard anyone saying they got theirs so far. I guess mine might be the 1st around here to be delivered & actually be able to see in person what you actually get compared to the order guide & see one in person. the update says it will be @ the dealer on the 10th only they know for sure, I will check in with the dealer today & see if they can tell me where it is along the route here. overall how do you like the truck & how are others reacting to the new design? The pic on my pg shows the truck the way it was going to look like as per other pictures I have seen of XLT`s even the inside pictures were in line with the guide & ad pictures that were shown around

I went to my dealer on the way home, my truck is now 1 hour away in the rail yard waiting for its truck ride to the dealer. Should be here by the end of the week they say, the new system was cool to see it showed it being unloaded & moving into the line for loading. It had a blue line showing where it was all day long as it moved just like the nav does on the screen.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 5:56 AM, ice-capades said:

As aKirby replied, changing the trim by changing the Order Code (#608A, 700A, 703A, etc.) creates a new order with a new order date. The original order will/should remain in the order bank along with the "new" order so that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will show 2 orders with the same order number. Error notices such as compatibility, etc. will be noted in the VINView report.   

I was considering flipping the the Loaded Lariat 450 over to Platinum since many of the add-ons seem to be included on the platinum. The final straw in that was when I realized the power tailgate (tailgate power up and tailgate down camera) was not available even as an add on for Lariat.

My dealer said if they try to upgrade the trim at this point, that we run the risk of the order being cancelled since the order bank is closed? 

47 minutes ago, mike008 said:

My dealer said if they try to upgrade the trim at this point, that we run the risk of the order being cancelled since the order bank is closed? 

It would be good to know what sorts of changes you can make that are "safe" and those that will bump you to the end of the line, and those that will get your order dropped. Based on a previous statement here that changing Trim levels is like creating a new order, I see it as plausible that the order would be rejected because the order bank is closed. My dealer had accidentally put me in for the HO Diesel for my Platinum which I definitely don't need. So I changed the engine, and now I'm afraid I may have lost my place in line. He thinks it's fine as long as they haven't tried to pull it yet, but still. I'm a worrier. 

I understood that, until the order was picked up for scheduling and assigned a VIN, it was no problem to add or remove any features (and I added a few of them including HO and the onboard scales), until I went to change the trim, at which point I was told I couldn't do that without risking the order being cancelled. I didn't understand that any of them affected my place in line but I was at the dealer first thing the day the order banks opened in October and still haven't been scheduled so for all I know I lost my place in line each time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone seen or heard if Ford is forcing upper trims to get the Multi-contour seat delete? I know 23 150s were forced to delete the massaging portion and to me why the heck would I pay the premium price for a Platinum if I can get the same thing in a Lariat for 4-5k cheaper 

56 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Has anyone seen or heard if Ford is forcing upper trims to get the Multi-contour seat delete? I know 23 150s were forced to delete the massaging portion and to me why the heck would I pay the premium price for a Platinum if I can get the same thing in a Lariat for 4-5k cheaper 

Yeah, the '22 SD's lost them for about 4 months of production last year. You got a ridiculous $300 credit if they were deleted. 

Edited by KevinLK

30 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

Yeah, the '22 SD's lost them for about 6 months of production last year. You got a ridiculous $300 credit if they were deleted. 

If that happens unfortunately I’ll be cancelling and ordering again in the fall. 

My wife's Lincoln has the seats. They are a novelty and were used a lot during the first week of ownership and haven't been since. However, when the F150 lost it's heated steering wheel for a bit a while back, I was thinking "no way" on taking my my 23 SD if it was deleted...

38 minutes ago, system said:

My wife's Lincoln has the seats. They are a novelty and were used a lot during the first week of ownership and haven't been since. However, when the F150 lost it's heated steering wheel for a bit a while back, I was thinking "no way" on taking my my 23 SD if it was deleted...

Agreed on the heated steering wheel. I use my seats daily in my current truck. I love them. But no way I’m paying 90k for a truck that doesn’t have the seats it’s supposed to have and doesn’t have a simple heated steering wheel. It’s a bummer to not have those options but it’s really a slap in the face when you see the money they give back for those options.

5 hours ago, mike008 said:

I understood that, until the order was picked up for scheduling and assigned a VIN, it was no problem to add or remove any features (and I added a few of them including HO and the onboard scales), until I went to change the trim, at which point I was told I couldn't do that without risking the order being cancelled. I didn't understand that any of them affected my place in line but I was at the dealer first thing the day the order banks opened in October and still haven't been scheduled so for all I know I lost my place in line each time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's unlikely since before it gets picked up orders are looked at based on production availability and your dealer allotted priority code. Features can be deleted to help you get picked up in a production. Trims would create a new order and the upper trim levels are closed, except for King Ranch I believe. 

I'm in the same boat. Ordered first day, 450 KR, with panoramic roof (constrained item), it comes with pro power (constrained item), fifth wheel prep package (constrained item), HO diesel (constrained item)...so I'm just hoping it gets scheduled period.

On 4/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, F250 2023 said:

My 23 lariat has halogen... supposed to have LED by order guide. Don't really care other than it was promised and not what I got... didn't get compensated.

Tail lights Halogen,  but are the reverse lights are LED??

I wish they were both LED. Ford should have worded it better. Many people are upset about this. 

I believe you get all LEDs or all halogen, I have seen a mix of the 2 lights the wire looms are different in the LEDs from the halogen so I would believe all one or the other you can have the LED 3rd brake light that is a small easy plug change. If you see or find out anything different please post it.