2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

7 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Tail lights Halogen,  but are the reverse lights are LED??

I wish they were both LED. Ford should have worded it better. Many people are upset about this. 

The order form clearly states that the taillights  and reverse lights should be LED on Lariats, however my taillights are halogen and the reverse lights are LED.

13 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

It would be good to know what sorts of changes you can make that are "safe" and those that will bump you to the end of the line, and those that will get your order dropped. Based on a previous statement here that changing Trim levels is like creating a new order, I see it as plausible that the order would be rejected because the order bank is closed. My dealer had accidentally put me in for the HO Diesel for my Platinum which I definitely don't need. So I changed the engine, and now I'm afraid I may have lost my place in line. He thinks it's fine as long as they haven't tried to pull it yet, but still. I'm a worrier. 

Ice-Capades: To change trim level on a confirmed, unscheduled order, is the understanding of the following correct based on your original reply?

-Original order number, new order date, new pricing level if applicable. Is this correct?

-Does the dealer do this on their own or does a reginal manager need to get involved for approval?

-Since the order number does not change, changing trim level can be done even when the order bank is closed. Is this correct?

1 hour ago, aj4695 said:

Ice-Capades: To change trim level on a confirmed, unscheduled order, is the understanding of the following correct based on your original reply?

-Original order number, new order date, new pricing level if applicable. Is this correct?

-Does the dealer do this on their own or does a reginal manager need to get involved for approval?

-Since the order number does not change, changing trim level can be done even when the order bank is closed. Is this correct?

Order number is assigned by the dealer and is t even unique in most cases.  Most use it to identify the sales person.  Ford doesn’t use it.

15 hours ago, mike008 said:

I was considering flipping the the Loaded Lariat 450 over to Platinum since many of the add-ons seem to be included on the platinum. The final straw in that was when I realized the power tailgate (tailgate power up and tailgate down camera) was not available even as an add on for Lariat.

My dealer said if they try to upgrade the trim at this point, that we run the risk of the order being cancelled since the order bank is closed? 

As both aKirby and I stated, changing the Trim creates a new order. The original order remains in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and is available for scheduling subject to commodity and production constraints. 

Ford's made a mess of the ordering process with opening and closing the order banks on short notice, different timetables for retail and stock orders, etc. and then making additional changes (limited or restricted re-opening of order banks). In the past, orders could be submitted and the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system would either accept the order to be included in the USOB or generate an error notice with specific information. The VINView reporting system will display any compatibility or commodity/production constraints with additional information available in the AM Preview Scheduling Reports.

If the USOB is closed and the WBDO system will no longer allow the order submission, WBDO will generate a notice of such. 

There's no easy answer to this question. Ford keeps changing the ordering process making it more difficult and time consuming for both Dealers and customers. There are too many managers at Ford and everyone thinks they have a better idea!

Edited by ice-capades

15 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

It would be good to know what sorts of changes you can make that are "safe" and those that will bump you to the end of the line, and those that will get your order dropped. Based on a previous statement here that changing Trim levels is like creating a new order, I see it as plausible that the order would be rejected because the order bank is closed. My dealer had accidentally put me in for the HO Diesel for my Platinum which I definitely don't need. So I changed the engine, and now I'm afraid I may have lost my place in line. He thinks it's fine as long as they haven't tried to pull it yet, but still. I'm a worrier. 

It's important that orders are carefully reviewed before being submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and those orders need to be placed with the appropriate priority codes. Commodity and production constraints change constantly and orders are reviewed weekly for commodity and scheduling compliance to determine eligibility for scheduling each week. Any changes to an order can affect potential scheduling due to the existing commodity and scheduling constraints. Changes to order can either make it easier to schedule or more difficult. Too many dealerships fail to spend the time to manage their USOB's, or access and review the scheduling and commodity information available.

Your Dealer ordered the wrong engine initially? Not a small mistake or encouraging as to their competency. 

There is no simple answer as to what changes are "safe" as option availability and other commodity restrictions change constantly.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, F250 2023 said:

The order form clearly states that the taillights  and reverse lights should be LED on Lariats, however my taillights are halogen and the reverse lights are LED.

Yeah that sucks. I’ll be prepared for the same if my Lariat ever arrives

@ice-capades  @akirby   I’m not sure if they have commented on the issue? If order guide says 
LED, is Ford obligated to give credit back or to replace with LED when they get more in? 

15 hours ago, mike008 said:

I understood that, until the order was picked up for scheduling and assigned a VIN, it was no problem to add or remove any features (and I added a few of them including HO and the onboard scales), until I went to change the trim, at which point I was told I couldn't do that without risking the order being cancelled. I didn't understand that any of them affected my place in line but I was at the dealer first thing the day the order banks opened in October and still haven't been scheduled so for all I know I lost my place in line each time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Changes to an order can make it easier or more difficult for the order to get scheduled depending on the nature of the changes. Ching the Trim creates a new and separate order. Orders are not just "cancelled". 

14 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Has anyone seen or heard if Ford is forcing upper trims to get the Multi-contour seat delete? I know 23 150s were forced to delete the massaging portion and to me why the heck would I pay the premium price for a Platinum if I can get the same thing in a Lariat for 4-5k cheaper 

You should talk to your Dealer regarding current option availability or restrictions.

2 hours ago, aj4695 said:

Order numbers and priority codes are assigned by the Dealer and each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and content is completely independent from that of any other Dealer. The Ford Zone Manager doesn't get involved at all unless a Dealer contacts them for assistance related to a specific issue or concern. 

Changing Trim creates a new order as I've posted. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system should accept orders but I'm not sure what Ford's policy is with the recent action of closing of the order banks early and then re-opening the order bank, all within the Model Year and well before the end of the Model Year or when the order bank would normally close. It's all a mess!

49 minutes ago, steaknpotatoes said:

@ice-capades  @akirby   I’m not sure if they have commented on the issue? If order guide says 
LED, is Ford obligated to give credit back or to replace with LED when they get more in? 

Order guides are updated on a regular basis but Ford can make changes to vehicle specifications at any time without any obligation to issue credits unless stated in the notice released to Dealers. Placing an order doesn't obligate Ford to actually produce the vehicle! Applicable credits at the time of production are noted on the Window Sticker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's important that orders are carefully reviewed before being submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and those orders need to be placed with the appropriate priority codes. Commodity and production constraints change constantly and orders are reviewed weekly for commodity and scheduling compliance to determine eligibility for scheduling each week. Any changes to an order can affect potential scheduling due to the existing commodity and scheduling constraints. Changes to order can either make it easier to schedule or more difficult. Too many dealerships fail to spend the time to manage their USOB's, or access and review the scheduling and commodity information available.

Your Dealer ordered the wrong engine initially? Not a small mistake or encouraging as to their competency. 

There is no simple answer as to what changes are "safe" as option availability and other commodity restrictions change constantly.  

Totally fair, he got everything else right but the engine is a big deal. In this case I switched from the HO to the 7.3 gas, so I'm guessing based on your statement that this change might have improved my chances of getting scheduled. 

I don't know about others, but I think going into this I had this idea that we have a "take a number", and any changes makes our number change. I figured it was like the KR's in one line, Plats in another, Limited in a 3rd but otherwise your place in line was first come first served. Reading your comment makes it seem like there are so many OTHER considerations that even if we did have a number it plays a much smaller role than simple availability of components.

Thanks for the insight! 

4 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

when you say obligated is there a law? or is it something ford should do out of good faith? because I ordered a lariat and when I did it stated led tails, but those that are shipping have halogen.

1 hour ago, Wizardfitz said:

when you say obligated is there a law? or is it something ford should do out of good faith? because I ordered a lariat and when I did it stated led tails, but those that are shipping have halogen.

No obligation.  Ford reserves the right to make changes and you have the right to not buy it if you don’t like the changes.  So unless Ford agrees to replace it you get what you get.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

No obligation.  Ford reserves the right to make changes and you have the right to not buy it if you don’t like the changes.  So unless Ford agrees to replace it you get what you get.

just called ford, he said there are no restrictions on the LED tails. So Im curious why some are being delivered with halogen tails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

just called ford, he said there are no restrictions on the LED tails. So Im curious why some are being delivered with halogen tails.

the whole thing is confusing. I am just assuming only the reverse portion is LED. I’ll keep checking on the forums on YouTube to look at Lariats being delivered. 

My guess on the tails would be this. Lariats were never meant to get full LED for 2023. Just like they get the reflector LED headlights as opposed to projector. Someone at Ford, seeing that the reverse lights were LED, misrepresented the tails as a whole and now that the issue has been caught, Ford is removing mention of full LED tail lights from all literature and their website. 

Edited by system
  • Like 1

I got a call from my dealer today that my truck will arrive between 4/20-4/26. Ordered an F350 Lariat CC, SWB, 7.3, Ultimate, Sport Package, 4.30 Gears, 5th Wheel Prep, & Wheel Well Liners on Oct 27.  Window Sticker

This is my first contact from anyone (dealer or Ford) since I placed the order. I never even received a confirmation email from Ford. I knew it would be a wait and never tried to maintain contact and have visibility of the build process.  It would just drive me crazy with promises and missed expectations.

The dealer did mess up by not putting my order in 99 Status.  I asked for 99 status and wanted to evaluate some of the J2 items like BAP . I guess I'm grateful I'm liking the SAP better than the BAP now that pictures are appearing. I don't know that BAP is worth the price either compared to SAP. I didn't really like either wheel choice and probably going aftermarket anyways.

Edited by Morgan92798

Wow as I read this,  I'm so glad I got my 2022 King with the 7.3 gas and full LED's.  Its awesome.  This order and wait 10 months,  then they change you to halogens and  say "sorry" is crazy.  Hold your orders, its worth the wait!  Rob

LEDs in the tails is just a gimmick. No matter the light source, the red lens makes it look identical. I could care less what I have for tail lights to be honest. Headlights or any other white light source like reverse or fogs is a different story though...

• Like 1