2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer is just being lazy or incompetent. That information is included in the order guide which is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

Plus on here also if I remember correctly 

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

So hate being that guy but I’m considering placing a second order in hopes a lariat would get built quicker than the Platinum order I submitted last November. Just concerned the Platinum won’t get built and I really need a diesel again before next February when I have a big trip planned. 

With that being said does anyone know what the major differences are between sport appearance package and black appearance package is? I can’t find it anywhere and the dealer I talked to said they weren’t positive but they didn’t think there was a big difference. 

The grill is a different style and black. The wheels are also black and look completely different than any other wheels offered. The Ford emblems are blacked out. The mirror caps are black and the side badges are black. Any stickers are also black. I’m probably missing a few things. 

On 5/2/2023 at 8:22 PM, akirby said:

Not exactly.  They use 99 so the scheduler ignores it, but when job 2 starts scheduling the dealer has to change the priority to 10-19, not Ford.

That’s not the way I understood it. I could very well be wrong. 

Correct me if I’m wrong. I read, “read” for what that’s worth…the only person who can change priority on the 23’ is the field rep liaison to Ford. I will check with my dealer. 
Either way, I’m expecting a 24’. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

That’s not the way I understood it. I could very well be wrong. 

Correct me if I’m wrong. I read, “read” for what that’s worth…the only person who can change priority on the 23’ is the field rep liaison to Ford. I will check with my dealer. 
Either way, I’m expecting a 24’. 

Wrong.  The only time Ford changes a vehicle priority is when they move a retail order to priority 1 or 2 which is rare.  Dealers have full control over their order bank and priority.  The dealer decides when to change it from 99 - they may have some orders they want to leave at 99 for whatever reason.  How would Ford even know what priority to change it to?  Normally they wouldn’t even allow job 2 orders so early but this is a special case.

• Like 2

So here's some things that would be nice to know were it possible.

How many allocations at each dealership for each vehicle.

What order place is your dealership in the scheduling process?

And I know my priority code but how many are ahead of my order?

By the way, is it possible to assign the same priority code for the same vehicle at the dealership?

Yep, unless it's missing or really late...not scheduled yet again.

49 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

By the way, is it possible to assign the same priority code for the same vehicle at the dealership?

So just ask your dealer.

I had two trucks to order this year. Work rig came from a big dealer, they had 45 spots in allocation, when I ordered he said I was in the #2 spot so no problem. Low option, early order with high priority at the dealer; got built in Jan. My personal (job 2) one is going thru a small town dealer who was real up front when I first asked about ordering & allocation, and he said they only get 1 - and that it was already spoken for. I could get it in on the books, just be aware of the wait. I emailed when Job 2 started and asked how allocation was looking, he said the one ahead of mine was pulled already and they had room. Scheduled for end of May. Point being, both dealers were right up front with this stuff, shared the info and actually both seem (so far) to be going right according to plan. Speaking of, your next question:

They can assign all orders the same code if they want, doesn't matter, most dealers have to and would normally. It's dealer-specific and aids in determining what builds within THEIR orders get pulled first. Default is 19 and highest they can assign is 10. Gives them some flexibility in prioritizing specific orders when they need to.

As I understand it, order date is the next sorting factor. In theory if a dealer has allocation, and you are the highest priority in the dealer order bank, Ford will try to build your truck - unless there is a constraint and then it gets passed over for the next one in line until the next week when it can try again. Also per what I know, regional reps (or whatever they are called) have the ability to escalate orders to priority above 10 in certain cases if it's deemed necessary.

11 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Yep, unless it's missing or really late...not scheduled yet again.

Allocation is based on a number of factors but primarily the dealership's sales history. Total allocation for a production period is set by Ford corporate, based on production capacity and constraints. Then Ford determines the allocation for each Region, then the Zones within each Region and then for each dealership that has earned allocation.

The dealership's allocation for each vehicle line is determined on a monthly basis except for the "System Fill" allocation at the beginning of each Model Year and the "Balance Out" allocation, each of which are two-month allocation figures. The system for allocation is part of the "Wholesale Allocation Commitment" with the dealership accepting, declining or submitting a supplemental request for additional allocation for each vehicle line. Vehicle lines with multiple allocation is usually spread out evenly for the upcoming monthly scheduling period. 

Each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is independent of any other dealership. Dealerships with scheduling allocation have an equal opportunity to get vehicles scheduled based on commodity and plant production constraints.

Only your Dealer can tell you how many retail orders are ahead of you based on priority codes. 

Dealers can place multiple orders with the same priority code but it is not recommended. When there are multiple orders in the USOB with the same priority code, the scheduling system will schedule the order that will schedule the easiest (fewest or no supply chain, commodity or production constraints if applicable) and possibly overlook a retail order with an older original order date. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 6:20 PM, Yankst28 said:

So hate being that guy but I’m considering placing a second order in hopes a lariat would get built quicker than the Platinum order I submitted last November. Just concerned the Platinum won’t get built and I really need a diesel again before next February when I have a big trip planned. 

With that being said does anyone know what the major differences are between sport appearance package and black appearance package is? I can’t find it anywhere and the dealer I talked to said they weren’t positive but they didn’t think there was a big difference. 

I AM that guy.  2 days ago I saw a 2023 F-250 Lariat Ultimate with Sport Appearance and Tremor package at a dealer online and promptly called my dealer to order one.  A few weeks ago they told me that my Platinum build (ordered November 2, 2022) was scheduled to be picked up in June.  If I get a good feeling on the new build, I might just release the Platinum.  If anyone is interested in seeing ACTUAL pictures of the vehicle that changed my mind, it’s at https://www.piersonford.com/new/Ford/2023-Ford-F-250SD-aberdeen-sd-63924cb00a0e0a9436a5be18c648fe96.htm

42 minutes ago, CajunCowboy said:

I AM that guy.  2 days ago I saw a 2023 F-250 Lariat Ultimate with Sport Appearance and Tremor package at a dealer online and promptly called my dealer to order one.  A few weeks ago they told me that my Platinum build (ordered November 2, 2022) was scheduled to be picked up in June.  If I get a good feeling on the new build, I might just release the Platinum.  If anyone is interested in seeing ACTUAL pictures of the vehicle that changed my mind, it’s at https://www.piersonford.com/new/Ford/2023-Ford-F-250SD-aberdeen-sd-63924cb00a0e0a9436a5be18c648fe96.htm

That is insane, they are asking $105k for a Lariat.  Even worse is it stickers a $94k.  They have $11,000 in ADM ?

Ordering 2 vehicles isn’t a big deal now since it doesn’t change the dealer’s allocation.  Previously dealers got additional allocation for retail orders which is why Ford cracked down on unfulfilled retail orders to keep dealers from playing games just to get extra allocation.

Both trucks come out of the dealer’s normal allocation now so Ford doesn’t care.  If the dealer is ok with it go for it.

59 minutes ago, CajunCowboy said:

I was going to do the same thing but I had to dealers tell me they could no longer order tremor packages. Is this true? Or do those two dealers just not know what’s going on 

54 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

That is insane, they are asking $105k for a Lariat.  Even worse is it stickers a $94k.  They have $11,000 in ADM ?

Right?  I’ve seen some dealers adding a “market adjustment” as high as $20,000.  It’s possible there are others even higher.  It’s insane.  I guess when supply is limited and demand is high, people are willing to pay.  I’m content to order and be patient…and avoid the “market adjustment” fee added to the sticker price.

F250 Lariat 
order 11-2-22

in production 2/13

Built 3/26

Not shipped yet.

I've talked to Ford Cust Svc./Ford Marketing/Dealer almost daily with no action.

Current estimated ship date is 5/12 (according to Ford Cust Svc)  

Anybody have a suggestion on my next move? 

11 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I was going to do the same thing but I had to dealers tell me they could no longer order tremor packages. Is this true? Or do those two dealers just not know what’s going on 

They are correct. The banks closed for tremor packages on Wednesday sometime according to The Ford guys latest video on YouTube. I can find the link if needed.

Edited by ImmortalJman

On 5/1/2023 at 4:11 PM, Rangers09 said:

I will be very surprised if the panoramic roof is the only major constraint, based on the weekly information that was posted in BOF until last year. When the Ford weekly updates to dealers were posted, it usually included multiple items, which changed weekly. One week the constraints for my F-450 included wheels, dually truck bed, engine, panoramic roof, 5th wheel hitch prep, bed liner, and the following week they changed.

All dealers have ready access to the information and reports, so as customers of a dealer, we should have no need to receive updates directly from Ford. Since my Sales Manager was on holiday and unable to provide updates, I tried Ford chat for the first time for DW's Escape order and receive no more information than I can get from the public trackers. As soon as my Sales Manager returned he sent a screen shot with latest info. Therefore, dealers have access to the latest info and as customers we need to make them provide customer service.

I suppose what I intended to say was it was the only "option" constraint I was aware of. Wheels and truck beds would be difficult to avoid. Of course there could be other things holding me up but I decided not to dig into it too deep because there's just no point. Knowing too much without any influence somehow doesn't make me any more patient. :) 

Hi I’m new to the super duty world.. well still not quite there.. ordered a 2022 F250 super duty platinum in January 22.. which I never received was told it was reordered and I was getting priority! Sweet! Fast forward to this week my dealer gave me the vin I tracked it, it’s on the way but it is a F350 lariat.. not a 250 or a platinum… the dealer said he wanted to try get me to get the 350…. I passed but he forgot to change the build before he processed the order..?! I couldn’t believe it to see after 15 months it’s not even the truck I want. I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has dealt with anything like this? And has any advice or suggestions of what I should do!?!

So far the only dealer solution so far is to take the lariat for now.. and reorder the platinum… trade or sell the lariat once that finally shows up.. doesn’t seem like the best solution and I’ll probably end up paying more than just originally getting the truck I wanted and ordered!! Any help would be great, thank you!?

11 hours ago, Jshadd said:

Anybody have a suggestion on my next move? 

I feel like everyone here generally at least understands the madness of ordering  22 or  23 Ford truck. Nothing makes sense or is predictable once you enter….the twilight zone !

Me…ordered 10/28. 250 Lariat Ultimate Chrome. Shipped 4/24.. Train to Mass from Kentucky….arrived 4/29 there.

Due any day in the next 10 days in Maine. BIG GUESS. 

Nothing makes sense for timing…but whenever it happens it will Rock ! Patience is my only advice that will help. ?

-

On 5/5/2023 at 7:55 AM, Yankst28 said:

It appears my salesman didn’t know what was going on.  Yesterday he sent me a document showing as of Week 18 (last week - week of April 30) Super Duty had no availability for the following:  360 Degree Camera, SC/CC Running Boards, Fifth Wheel Hitch Kit, Lariat, Mobile Office Pack, 205 WB, 18” Aluminum Whl. So….my build could not be ordered.  I asked him to save my build and order it when/if availability changed.  We shall see.

7 hours ago, Astofooroff said:

Hi I’m new to the super duty world.. well still not quite there.. ordered a 2022 F250 super duty platinum in January 22.. which I never received was told it was reordered and I was getting priority! Sweet! Fast forward to this week my dealer gave me the vin I tracked it, it’s on the way but it is a F350 lariat.. not a 250 or a platinum… the dealer said he wanted to try get me to get the 350…. I passed but he forgot to change the build before he processed the order..?! I couldn’t believe it to see after 15 months it’s not even the truck I want. I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has dealt with anything like this? And has any advice or suggestions of what I should do!?!

So far the only dealer solution so far is to take the lariat for now.. and reorder the platinum… trade or sell the lariat once that finally shows up.. doesn’t seem like the best solution and I’ll probably end up paying more than just originally getting the truck I wanted and ordered!! Any help would be great, thank you!?

The Dealer should have confirmed the specifications with you prior to submitting the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). They obviously just submitted the order and never bothered to check the order themselves. They should order the correct vehicle after confirming the specifications with you, at priority code 10, then have the Ford regional office re-prioritize the order at 01 and agree to sell you the correct vehicle at Dealer Invoice. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, CajunCowboy said:

It appears my salesman didn’t know what was going on.  Yesterday he sent me a document showing as of Week 18 (last week - week of April 30) Super Duty had no availability for the following:  360 Degree Camera, SC/CC Running Boards, Fifth Wheel Hitch Kit, Lariat, Mobile Office Pack, 205 WB, 18” Aluminum Whl. So….my build could not be ordered.  I asked him to save my build and order it when/if availability changed.  We shall see.

Stop dealing with a sales representative that doesn't have experience or knowledge about the retail order process. The order should be submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) with the specifications you require ASAP. Commodity restraints change constantly. Waiting for there to be no commodity or plant constraints will result in your vehicle never getting scheduled! 

• Like 1

Our Lariat with BAP just arrived at our dealership, hoping they have it ready for us today. Ordered Nov 5, 2022 and had it at priority 99 until Job 2 opened and flipped it immediately adding the 3.55's and BAP. We were picked up for build the first week of Job 2. I think we got lucky since we didn't do Ultimate or Tremor and our dealership had allocations. Good luck to those waiting, I hope next Thursday brings lots of scheduled builds for everyone!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Forgirl2003 said:

Our Lariat with BAP just arrived at our dealership, hoping they have it ready for us today. Ordered Nov 5, 2022 and had it at priority 99 until Job 2 opened and flipped it immediately adding the 3.55's and BAP. We were picked up for build the first week of Job 2. I think we got lucky since we didn't do Ultimate or Tremor and our dealership had allocations. Good luck to those waiting, I hope next Thursday brings lots of scheduled builds for everyone!

Can’t wait to see it congrats 

• Like 1