2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

We can’t pick it up until Monday but we went to look at it today. Still dirty but wow, I absolutely love it! I know there will be haters on the wheels but I really like them in person. Definitely needs black lug nuts though. 

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

Edited by Forgirl2003
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

We can’t pick it up until Monday but we went to look at it today. Still dirty but wow, I absolutely love it! I know there will be haters on the wheel’s but I really like them in person. Definitely needs black lug nuts though. 

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

Looks pretty sweet I know that

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Forgirl2003 said:

We can’t pick it up until Monday but we went to look at it today. Still dirty but wow, I absolutely love it! I know there will be haters on the wheels but I really like them in person. Definitely needs black lug nuts though. 

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

Looks great!  Looks almost identical what i ordered. Mine is a black F350 long bed HO Lariat Ult with BAP and 355 gears. It shipped last week so hoping to get it in a couple weeks. How long did yours take to ship to the dealership from the day it left the plant? 

37 minutes ago, jeff51488 said:

Looks great!  Looks almost identical what i ordered. Mine is a black F350 long bed HO Lariat Ult with BAP and 355 gears. It shipped last week so hoping to get it in a couple weeks. How long did yours take to ship to the dealership from the day it left the plant? 

Thanks! It arrived the same day it left. It was shipped convoy on May 5th and arrived that evening. Convoy made all the difference, the dealership is in St. Louis MO, so not too long of a drive from KTP. 

I hope yours comes in soon!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Forgirl2003 said:

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

is this a Non Ultimate? If so did you order Tow Tech? I ordered Non Ultimate CCLB BAP with Tow Tech, and am hoping it comes with ACC. I’ve heard mixed results online. Updated order guide says it comes with ACC and Hitch Assist, which is why the Tow Tech package increased for job 2

5 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

is this a Non Ultimate? If so did you order Tow Tech? I ordered Non Ultimate CCLB BAP with Tow Tech, and am hoping it comes with ACC. I’ve heard mixed results online. Updated order guide says it comes with ACC and Hitch Assist, which is why the Tow Tech package increased for job 2

Non Ultimate and no on the Tow Tech. I hope yours comes exactly how you want it too.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, ice-capades said:

Stop dealing with a sales representative that doesn't have experience or knowledge about the retail order process. The order should be submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) with the specifications you require ASAP. Commodity restraints change constantly. Waiting for there to be no commodity or plant constraints will result in your vehicle never getting scheduled! 

Thanks for the great advice!  I will call him to get it ordered….

For about a few weeks now, I’ve been seeing dealers with ads for Lariats and lower trims. They all started out with no pictures or computer generated pictures. For about a week now, some have begun to have pictures of the actual vehicles at the dealerships.  Many of the vehicles have a market adjustment added but most don’t.  Today I found 3 ads for Platinums. None have pictures of the actual vehicles yet. If the Platinums follow the same trend as the Lariats, perhaps we see some showing up on lots in a few weeks!

1 hour ago, CajunCowboy said:

For about a few weeks now, I’ve been seeing dealers with ads for Lariats and lower trims. They all started out with no pictures or computer generated pictures. For about a week now, some have begun to have pictures of the actual vehicles at the dealerships.  Many of the vehicles have a market adjustment added but most don’t.  Today I found 3 ads for Platinums. None have pictures of the actual vehicles yet. If the Platinums follow the same trend as the Lariats, perhaps we see some showing up on lots in a few weeks!

It used to be an option for Dealers and I don't know if Ford's policy has changed but a lot of dealerships display "In Transit" vehicles on their Ford hosted websites. 

Ford Direct started offering the computer-generated photos a couple of years ago, for which Dealers pay a monthly fee which isn't cheap. Most dealerships do a very bad job of providing inventory photos and show only a few, with many being poorly composed and displayed in a haphazard, random order. Shooting, processing and uploading photos can be very time consuming, which I know very well from personal experience. I used to shoot and upload an average of 40 or more photos for EVERY new and used vehicle in stock. Even pre-pandemic, when the dealership had 300 vehicles in stock, photos were shot and uploaded within 24 hours, weather permitting, upon arrival. There's nothing better, in my opinion, than showing potential customers actual vehicle photos if they're shot and processed properly. Even my own dealership is now paying for the computer-generated new vehicle photos, I guess since I'm no longer there! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CajunCowboy said:

Yeah...about that. When I was looking into getting a '22 I saw the same thing. Picture after picture of trucks with stock photos, then they'd show up at the dealership with what ice-capades said, inventory pictures. But everytime I would call about that vehicle, it was a truck already ordered for a customer and sold. Then they would offer to have me order one or look at another truck if they had one. Most of the time it as a '21 or '20 MY, not in the trim I wanted, and marked up so high that ordering a '23 was actually cheaper. That's why I'm in this mess.

So, good luck at finding one that isn't already sold to a customer and doesn't come with strings attached or huge mark-ups.

10 hours ago, JDUB said:

I had my 250 lariat ho tremor scheduled to be built week of 5/15 and today it was changed to week of 5/21… will ford continue to push back build week after week? Is this an occurring problem??

At least it was only pushed back a week.  Some guys here had their trucks pushed back 2 months from mid May to late July.  

12 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Yeah...about that. When I was looking into getting a '22 I saw the same thing. Picture after picture of trucks with stock photos, then they'd show up at the dealership with what ice-capades said, inventory pictures. But everytime I would call about that vehicle, it was a truck already ordered for a customer and sold. Then they would offer to have me order one or look at another truck if they had one. Most of the time it as a '21 or '20 MY, not in the trim I wanted, and marked up so high that ordering a '23 was actually cheaper. That's why I'm in this mess.

So, good luck at finding one that isn't already sold to a customer and doesn't come with strings attached or huge mark-ups.

The majority of dealership websites include the Window Stickers for the new vehicles. Just check the Window Stickers to see if they were ordered as retail orders. Stock (Order Type 2), Demo (Order Type B) and Fleet (Order Type 5B) will have blue Window Stickers while the Retail (Order Type 1) or A/X/Z Plan orders will have green Window Stickers. A small number of the customer ordered retail orders could be retail orders that were cancelled after the vehicles were scheduled or produced but checking the Window Stickers will save some time chasing online inventory that is sold. A small number of the Stock (Order Type 2) orders could be units sold after they were scheduled, produced or in transit. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDUB said:

I had my 250 lariat ho tremor scheduled to be built week of 5/15 and today it was changed to week of 5/21… will ford continue to push back build week after week? Is this an occurring problem??

It's not uncommon due to changing supply chain, commodity or plant production constraints. The important thing is that the vehicle is scheduled and the changes are close to production. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's not uncommon due to changing supply chain, commodity or plant production constraints. The important thing is that the vehicle is scheduled and the changes are close to production. 

Thanks, today it was updated again to show in production but with a build date of week 5/18. It is worded as if the truck is currently being built though… 

First post here...

Placed an order for a '23 F350 XLT CCSB 7.3 yesterday.

I have heard that the order banks are closed for the higher trim level trucks and no fifth wheel prep after 5/2.

Or tried to place the order.

After "building" the truck with the sales rep he told us that the system would not let him order it as a retail

order but he could order it as a dealer stock order.

Does this sound "right"?

Would this be due to an allocation issue?

Would I be better off at a different dealer?

8 hours ago, JDUB said:

Thanks, today it was updated again to show in production but with a build date of week 5/18. It is worded as if the truck is currently being built though… 

If the date provided is 18th May that is most likely a "Scheduled to Day", rather than the initial "Scheduled to Week", which normally has the Monday date. Your dealer can advise whether your date is scheduled to week or scheduled to day, as the public tracker only show to week, regardless of the actual status.

Truck orders are normally sent to the plant about 7 to 9 days before the build day, then the following day you may find your window sticker. If not posted on the public tracker, you can use one of the 3rd party WS websites to find it.

Once your order is sent to the plant, the primary status is updated from in order processing to in production, but this doesn't mean your truck is on the line. It will probably hit the line about 2 days before your build day. Your dealer has the latest primary and secondary status readily available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

Did anyone get and good updates today? Or Any Platinums scheduled yet?

I haven't heard anything, anywhere. I did find that my priority code is now 12, so I'm moving up. But not up enough I guess. :)

Anyone know if they are doing the same Job1/Job2 thing with 24MY? If they roll over Plats to next year, do we have to wait till Spring all over again? 

8 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

I haven't heard anything, anywhere. I did find that my priority code is now 12, so I'm moving up. But not up enough I guess. :)

Anyone know if they are doing the same Job1/Job2 thing with 24MY? If they roll over Plats to next year, do we have to wait till Spring all over again? 

I too got moved to a code 12. If they do the Job 1 job 2 again I think I’ll be ordering a lariat instead. I can’t wait until next summer for a new truck 

So after 102 days after the last "45 day" email from Ford on January 29th, I got this one late last night.  Had my hopes up when I saw an email finally arrive from Ford.  But it's the same diatribe and my hopes were quickly dashed.  Ordered on 10/28/22, priority code at 10.

2023-05-12_6-03-23.jpg