2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

12 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Assuming no one got the good news of a order scheduled on this scheduling Thursday?

I feel like most people don't get emails until the evening; every mail related to this order has come after 7pm my time. 

Tried placing an order on 5/10. (XLT  CCSB 7.3 4.30)

Due to a communication error between myself/the salesman/the sales manager the order went in as a stock order.

Spoke with the sales manager on Tuesday 5/23 and he redid  the order as retail.

Scheduled today, Thursday 5/25, for the week of 6/12.

Received the scheduling email 9:05am today.

Two days from order to scheduled!  

58 minutes ago, billtrev said:

Tried placing an order on 5/10. (XLT  CCSB 7.3 4.30)

Due to a communication error between myself/the salesman/the sales manager the order went in as a stock order.

Spoke with the sales manager on Tuesday 5/23 and he redid  the order as retail.

Scheduled today, Thursday 5/25, for the week of 6/12.

Received the scheduling email 9:05am today.

Two days from order to scheduled!  

I’m not bashing you guys at all when I say this, I'm truly happy you guys are getting your trucks scheduled so super fast. But it is really frustrating how many people are placing orders in the last month and almost everyone within a week or two is scheduled. Super frustrating for the guys who have been waiting since October or longer…… 

Again, I’m pumped you guys are getting your trucks. Just crazy ford is fore getting about the people who have been waiting so long. 

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Currently have a priority code of 10 so doesn’t look like they’ve forgot about me. Was a 12 three weeks ago. 

I was a 2, when the order had to be rolled to a ‘23.

And it had been a 2 for a while….

3 minutes ago, Mags10 said:

I was a 2, when the order had to be rolled to a ‘23.

And it had been a 2 for a while….

So I’m assuming the regional for rep stepped in on yours? I was told dealers could only go as low as a 10. Anything lower required the ford regional rep. This could be wrong and inaccurate. Just thought I saw that somewhere. Ice-capades may be able to verify 

48 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Currently have a priority code of 10 so doesn’t look like they’ve forgot about me. Was a 12 three weeks ago. 

If your priority code is still at 10 and you ordered more than 3 months ago, I would be asking my dealer why they are reducing from 12 to 10 and not contacting their local Ford manager to get 2 assigned. Does your dealer have orders ahead of yours that they have requested PC2?

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

But how many other 10s does your dealer have?  You could be 1st or 20th in line.  It’s also possible they’re having repeated parts shortages for your particular build.

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

So I’m assuming the regional for rep stepped in on yours? I was told dealers could only go as low as a 10. Anything lower required the ford regional rep. This could be wrong and inaccurate. Just thought I saw that somewhere. Ice-capades may be able to verify 

That sounds right. I've been a 10 from outset last October. KR 450's just have a lot of missing/constrained items; one week it was tires ?. Like I said in the previous post, hopefully with the Kentucky plant fully running it will ease the burden of scheduling the KR and Play builds and open up the possibility of more being accommodated. If it continues at this rate of limited production for KR and Play, I'll be as likely to see my truck as I am to win the lottery twice in a row.

10 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Don’t know, but the clock was going to start fresh with what the dealer said was another 6-9 months.  It was a Platinum, so job 2. I figured the new estimate would likely be no better than the initial one I had in January of ‘22, so I pulled the plug and bought a Chevy High Country.  As it turns out, that looks accurate.  Maybe next time.

13 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

The Ford Zone Managers handle 10-12 dealerships on average and Ford works them hard. As such, they don't usually have time to monitor each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). If Ford doesn't automatically re-prioritize a retail order to priority code 01 or 02, the Dealer has to make that request. Dealers can request that a retail order be reprioritized through their Ford Zone Manager who will then contact the Regional Scheduler with the order information. In some cases, Dealers can contact the Regional Scheduler directly if they have that contact information. Again, retail order management responsibility belongs to the Dealer. 

12 hours ago, Mags10 said:

Don’t know, but the clock was going to start fresh with what the dealer said was another 6-9 months.  It was a Platinum, so job 2. I figured the new estimate would likely be no better than the initial one I had in January of ‘22, so I pulled the plug and bought a Chevy High Country.  As it turns out, that looks accurate.  Maybe next time.

I’m about to give up also. I ordered a Chevy High Country and a GMC Denali from different dealers. Will take whatever comes in and I’m willing to bet it’s much sooner than my Platinum I ordered. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dble Dewars said:

I kinda like the new front end on the 2024 HD Chevy. I’m not overly thrilled with the 23 SuperDuty grill. But I ordered a Lariat anyway. I just believe Ford builds a better truck.

I agree, I’m not sold on the 23 redesign. I do however really like the GMs. But I’m honestly done waiting 2 years for my Platinum which is why I also just ordered the Denali and a High Country. What sold me was when I drove a 24 high Country. The update to the duramax is very impressive. I know I know… haters are going to say the ford still has more horsepower and torque. But all I can say is drive one. The duramax is every bit as responsive as the powerstroke. They did it right with the Duramax update. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dble Dewars said:

I kinda like the new front end on the 2024 HD Chevy. I’m not overly thrilled with the 23 SuperDuty grill. But I ordered a Lariat anyway. I just believe Ford builds a better truck.

That’s why I had the 450 on order.  I have to say tho after driving the Chevy 3500 dually for 6 months now, it’s a pretty darn nice truck.  No CP4 pump either.

2 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I agree, I’m not sold on the 23 redesign. I do however really like the GMs. But I’m honestly done waiting 2 years for my Platinum which is why I also just ordered the Denali and a High Country. What sold me was when I drove a 24 high Country. The update to the duramax is very impressive. I know I know… haters are going to say the ford still has more horsepower and torque. But all I can say is drive one. The duramax is every bit as responsive as the powerstroke. They did it right with the Duramax update. 

Aside from all the cameras, buttons, and technology I haven’t gotten used to yet, the thing I like the most is the Allison 10 speed.  I’ve never in forty years driven any vehicle from any manufacturer that shifts as smooth as this tranny.  If you didn’t hear the rpm change, you wouldn’t know it just shifted.  I wish they had the multi contour seats though.  But then, no guarantee I would have gotten them anyway with the F450.

10 hours ago, Mags10 said:

Aside from all the cameras, buttons, and technology I haven’t gotten used to yet, the thing I like the most is the Allison 10 speed.  I’ve never in forty years driven any vehicle from any manufacturer that shifts as smooth as this tranny.  If you didn’t hear the rpm change, you wouldn’t know it just shifted.  I wish they had the multi contour seats though.  But then, no guarantee I would have gotten them anyway with the F450.

As crazy as it seems that’s literally the only thing that has me contemplating is the multi contour seats haha could always go with an ultimate but that’s considerably more price wise