2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

3 hours ago, CajunCowboy said:

Has a ‘23 Platinum or King Ranch been built or made it to scheduling yet?  Has anyone with an order for one heard anything encouraging about their build?  

Our local dealer has 1 Platinum and 1 King Ranch F-350 built and enroute.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CajunCowboy said:

Has a ‘23 Platinum or King Ranch been built or made it to scheduling yet?  Has anyone with an order for one heard anything encouraging about their build?  

I’ve heard nothing from my Platinum build other than my sales manager telling me they are doing everything they can… I regret using this dealer. Thought being a big dealer that always had super duty’s would get more of then but the two smaller dealers by me have received many more. 

Good luck to everyone today, hope we get some good scheduling news

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I’ve heard nothing from my Platinum build other than my sales manager telling me they are doing everything they can… I regret using this dealer. Thought being a big dealer that always had super duty’s would get more of then but the two smaller dealers by me have received many more. 

I have the same concern. I ordered my last two SDs from a smaller dealer about 30 miles outside of Dallas and never had any issue. They were great about updating me. But I decided to try one of the largest dealers in Dallas ( nearer to me) on this go-round and nothing is happening plus bad service. They tell me they have LOTS of orders and I think I'm now just a small fish in a big sea and the squeaky wheels ( other customers complaining) are getting in front. 

On 4/25 I got an email stating 

"We are excited to let you know your 2023 Super Duty F-250 Platinum Crew Cab has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of July 24, 2023."

but when I click on "Track My Order" it says my order isn't scheduled yet.  I dropped the Max Recline seats over a week ago.  Maybe that will help get in into production sooner.

According to the latest scheduling update, pro trailer or pro back-up assist is exhausted for June. I don't remember which option and still limited scheduling for KR and Platinum. Hopefully with next months allocations and the other plant working this will mean maybe more of us get scheduled. However, since the pro-backup is part of KR and above, it seems unlikely.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:22 AM, Yankst28 said:

Good luck to everyone today, hope we get some good scheduling news

I got the same answer from my dealer & owner.  He is still trying to put me back into my KR.  My understanding is that when a delivery is made that gives them an allotment back, so its in the dealer's best interest to get you into your truck ASAP

Got my window sticker for my CCLB today. To my horror the window sticker has 3.31 instead of 3.55. My DORA shows 3.55. I am going to get a hold of my dealer. It said in production as of yesterday. I assume I am out of luck? Any way Ford could put me a priority under 10 since they messed up the order and make it right or will I have to order a 2024? I am not taking it if it doesn't come with what I ordered.  @ice-capades @akirby   do you know how a situation like this would be handled?

5 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Got my window sticker for my CCLB today. To my horror the window sticker has 3.31 instead of 3.55. My DORA shows 3.55. I am going to get a hold of my dealer. It said in production as of yesterday. I assume I am out of luck? Any way Ford could put me a priority under 10 since they messed up the order and make it right or will I have to order a 2024? I am not taking it if it doesn't come with what I ordered.  @ice-capades @akirby   do you know how a situation like this would be handled?

I don't recall seeing a case where the axle was changed, unless the change was made at the dealership level or forced by Ford due to a compatibility issue with the vehicle specifications. Compatibility issues are highlighted in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and the AM Preview Scheduling Reports. Most likely, the change was made at the dealership level, and no one reviewed the updated DORA to confirm that the revised vehicle specifications were correct. 

If the axle change was actually a mistake that the dealership failed to notice, the vehicle will be treated as a "misbuilt" unit. The dealership would need to submit a claim to Ford with the related documentation in compliance with the Ford Service and Warranty Manual. If approved, the dealership may be able to install the correct axle and submit the approved claim to Ford for reimbursement. The other matter that could be a factor is the availability of the required parts.

Should it be necessary to reorder the vehicle, the dealership should immediately contact their Ford Zone Manager requesting that the new order be re-prioritized by the Regional Scheduler to either 01 or 02 priority code, preferably 01 for expedited scheduling considering the situation. If it's necessary to re-order the vehicle as a 2024MY, there will be issues with the sales price as price protection would not apply to the original 2023MY order.

The first step is for your Dealer to carefully review the order history and documentation to determine when and how the axle ratio was changed, and a determination of which party was responsible.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I don't recall seeing a case where the axle was changed, unless the change was made at the dealership level or forced by Ford due to a compatibility issue with the vehicle specifications. Compatibility issues are highlighted in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and the AM Preview Scheduling Reports. Most likely, the change was made at the dealership level, and no one reviewed the updated DORA to confirm that the revised vehicle specifications were correct. 

If the axle change was actually a mistake that the dealership failed to notice, the vehicle will be treated as a "misbuilt" unit. The dealership would need to submit a claim to Ford with the related documentation in compliance with the Ford Service and Warranty Manual. If approved, the dealership may be able to install the correct axle and submit the approved claim to Ford for reimbursement. The other matter that could be a factor is the availability of the required parts.

Should it be necessary to reorder the vehicle, the dealership should immediately contact their Ford Zone Manager requesting that the new order be re-prioritized by the Regional Scheduler to either 01 or 02 priority code, preferably 01 for expedited scheduling considering the situation. If it's necessary to re-order the vehicle as a 2024MY, there will be issues with the sales price as price protection would not apply to the original 2023MY order.

The first step is for your Dealer to carefully review the order history and documentation to determine when and how the axle ratio was changed, and a determination of which party was responsible.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for bringing such great information and knowledge to this thread and board.  It significantly enhances my understanding of the way all of this works.  You are a terrific resource.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Hope this helps! 

Thanks so much for the thorough response. You are such a great help on this forum! I will get a hold of them and see why the order changed.

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalled Over Incorrect Labeling

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/2023-ford-f-250-super-duty-recalled-over-incorrect-labeling/

FordAuthority.com_2023 Super Duty_Rear.jpg

Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2023 Ford F-250 Super Duty pickups due to an issue with incorrect labeling.

The defect: in affected vehicles, the Tire and Loading Information (TREAD) label states the incorrect load carrying capacity, which can result in an overloaded vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”

The hazards: an overloaded vehicle increases the risk of a crash.

Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this issue.

Components:TREAD label

Affected vehicles: select 2023 Ford F-250 Super Duty pickups produced between March 16th, 2022, and March 31st, 2023.

Number of vehicles affected: 16,009

The fix: Ford will mail a new TREAD label to install over the existing label, free of charge. Owners will also have the option to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer to have the new label installed.

Owners should: wait for communications from Ford, which will be begin on July 5th, 2023. The Ford reference number for this recall is 23C18.

Contacts:

• Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
  • FoMoCo Recall Number: 23C18
Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

Talked to dealer today, he said 3.55 isn't available with FX4, that's why my window sticker has 3.31 with FX4. It sucks since 3.55 was added when job 2 opened and after a brief glitch in Fords computers FX4 was able to be added to 3.55 on DORA. But now on my window sticker it is 3.31

Has anyone on here ordered an FX4 SRW with 3.55? If so can you post your window sticker. I want to see if my dealer made an honest mistake or if the KTP did.

16 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Build and price won't allow 3.55 with FX4 on a diesel.  If you try to add it, it forces removal of FX4.

I understand that. I also know Build and Price is wrong a lot of the times

I have seen window stickers w/FX4 and 3.55 SRW. So I know the combo is able to be added

11 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

Talked to dealer today, he said 3.55 isn't available with FX4, that's why my window sticker has 3.31 with FX4. It sucks since 3.55 was added when job 2 opened and after a brief glitch in Fords computers FX4 was able to be added to 3.55 on DORA. But now on my window sticker it is 3.31

Has anyone on here ordered an FX4 SRW with 3.55? If so can you post your window sticker. I want to see if my dealer made an honest mistake or if the KTP did.

I'd recommend asking your Dealer for documentation supporting their statement that the 3.55 ratio axle isn't available with the FX4 Off-Road Package (17X). The information in the 2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide (03/17/2023) does not show any axle restriction for the FX4 package. Axle restrictions are noted in other packages. Your Dealer has access to the Super Duty resource guide which may provide additional information. The only other potential documentation that I can think of are older copies of the DORA's, if the dealership retains copies of all DORA's issued for retail orders, which would show the notice of the commodity compatibility error and the date. 

2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide_2023-03-17_FX4 Off-Road Package (17X).jpg

• Like 1

Well my scheduled production just got bumped from the week of 7/24 to the week of 8/28.  I've removed spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and most recently max recline seats.   So much for carryover orders having any kind of recognition and priority.  Oh well.

19 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Well my scheduled production just got bumped from the week of 7/24 to the week of 8/28.  I've removed spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and most recently max recline seats.   So much for carryover orders having any kind of recognition and priority.  Oh well.

My Platinum order also got bumped another month just like yours 

From week of 7/24 to the week of 8/24.

ORIGINALLY scheduled for week of 5/15/23

What is wrong with FORD?

THIS IS GETTING OLD!