2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

1 hour ago, Havasu Guy said:

My Platinum order also got bumped another month just like yours 

From week of 7/24 to the week of 8/24.

ORIGINALLY scheduled for week of 5/15/23

What is wrong with FORD?

THIS IS GETTING OLD!

I would be willing to bet it has to do with the pro backup assist since I heard it was exhausted for the month of June and possibly July. Since that is part of the package that is required on Platinum, it would not be able to be built. You're lucky to at least be scheduled and this early in Job 2. You will at least have a higher probability of getting your truck built before it moves over to MY24.

My KR order was also bumped from the week of 7/24 to the week of 8/28.  I placed my original order on 4 Jan 2022 and was bumped to the 2023MY.   The week of 8/28 is only five weeks from the balance out date of 10/1/23 for 2023 MY builds.  Getting closer and closer to being bumped to a 2024.

1 hour ago, Blue05 said:

Anyone have a clue as to why a lariat ultimate- 350 SRW, Crew cab 8’ box, HO, spray in liner, goose neck prep, winch, pro power, Snow plow prep ordered 10/27/22 priority 10 hasn't been scheduled or built?

I'm probably wrong but still convinced it has something to do with the winch and Pro-power combo. The build page says you need the dual alts ( 410 amp) with the winch. But when you select the Pro-Power, it says you must remove the 410 amp dual alts.       I discussed this with my dealer and they say there is no conflict listed in the documents but I'm still suspect.

FWIW, I have similar options to yours and mine hasn't been scheduled either.  Ordered 10/28, Priority 10 for the past 3 months,  F350 CC. 7.3L, 8' Bed, SRW, Lariat Ultimate, Moonroof, Winch, Pro-Power

1 hour ago, Blue05 said:

Anyone have a clue as to why a lariat ultimate- 350 SRW, Crew cab 8’ box, HO, spray in liner, goose neck prep, winch, pro power, Snow plow prep ordered 10/27/22 priority 10 hasn't been scheduled or built?

It is either a commodity or allocation issue most likely.  Priority 10 is the highest that a dealer can set for a retail order and if they do not have the allocation it will not get you built any faster. Will take someone above the Dealer (Zone Rep?) to bump up priority, but not sure how much that will help there is a commodity issue.

11 hours ago, Monoman said:

Well my scheduled production just got bumped from the week of 7/24 to the week of 8/28.  I've removed spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and most recently max recline seats.   So much for carryover orders having any kind of recognition and priority.  Oh well.

Removing options from a scheduled retail order doesn't result in the order's scheduled production date being pulled forward because there are fewer options and the build "simpler" to build. The revised or reduced specifications forces the order to face an updated commodity restraint compliance review, resulting in a later scheduled production week assignment.

Carryover orders and priority matters are a different subject and fall under order management with other factors involved.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, danglin said:

It is either a commodity or allocation issue most likely.  Priority 10 is the highest that a dealer can set for a retail order and if they do not have the allocation it will not get you built any faster. Will take someone above the Dealer (Zone Rep?) to bump up priority, but not sure how much that will help there is a commodity issue.

Allocation is required for any order to get scheduled along with priority code, commodity constraints, supply chain issues and the orginal order date. Even at priority code 10, the number of other unscheduled retail orders with the same priority code is a factor. Re-prioritizing retail orders is part of the dealership's responsibility regarding USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Dealers need to review unscheduled retail orders on a regular basis and contact their Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler to have longstanding retail orders re-prioritized to 01 or 02. 

• Thanks 2

If you’re scheduled then bumped it’s not an allocation or priority issue - you already made it past that part.  It’s strictly a parts issue.  And it’s not just the published constraint items.  This week could be steering wheels, next week could be door handles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Allocation is required for any order to get scheduled along with priority code, commodity constraints, supply chain issues and the orginal order date. Even at priority code 10, the number of other unscheduled retail orders with the same priority code is a factor. Re-prioritizing retail orders is part of the dealership's responsibility regarding USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Dealers need to review unscheduled retail orders on a regular basis and contact their Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler to have longstanding retail orders re-prioritized to 01 or 02. 

thank you for the responses (all of you ?)

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Removing options from a scheduled retail order doesn't result in the order's scheduled production date being pulled forward because there are fewer options and the build "simpler" to build. The revised or reduced specifications forces the order to face an updated commodity restraint compliance review, resulting in a later scheduled production week assignment.

Carryover orders and priority matters are a different subject and fall under order management with other factors involved.   

Thank you for explaining the short term ramifications for removing options from an order.  The more we customers understand how the system works the better we can adjust our expectations.

• Like 1

No luck here. It was noted that this was cleanup week for any dealership with unused allocations and that KR and Platinum were limited scheduling. It will be next week I believe when the June's allocations will be used.

Edited by ImmortalJman

Got the great news yesterday afternoon from the sales manager at my dealership……..not…….I have been inquiring weekly on the status of my Platinum every Thursday afternoon. This week they told me they were waiting on a calm back from their ford regional rep. Fast forward to last night I was informed my truck would be rolling over to a 24 and they will reach out to confirm my order as soon as the order banks are open……. First time I’ve heard this but doesn’t sound like I’ll be receiving my October order until summer 24 at earliest.  

Edited by Yankst28
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Got the great news yesterday afternoon from the sales manager at my dealership……..not…….I have been inquiring weekly on the status of my Platinum every Thursday afternoon. This week they told me they were waiting on a calm back from their ford regional rep. Fast forward to last night I was informed my truck would be rolling over to a 24 and they will reach out to confirm my order as soon as the order banks are open……. First time I’ve heard this but doesn’t sound like I’ll be receiving my October order until summer 24 at earliest.  

That is awful. I’m sorry to hear that

4 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I'd want to see written documentation stating that Ford is going to "roll over" your order to the 2024 Model Year. If so, Ford would have issued a notice to all Dealers specifying the details for affected, unscheduled 2023MY retail orders. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone, my first post So I ordered a 7.3 F-350 Lariat crew cab ultimate with the Max Recline seats/410 duel alternator, duel battery, Azure Grey paint on 10/27/22. No bed spray. Job 1/priority code 19, but the salesman bumped it to Priority 12 last March.

I got my first scheduling email from Ford April 25th, stating that my truck was slated for July 24th production. Sigh, my camping plans for the summer with my new truck are shot. But then...on May 23rd, I received an email from Ford saying the scheduling was changed, and my truck was/is scheduled for the build week of May 29th-yay! Got my window sticker too! 

Now here's the strange part, and I hope you folks can figure this out for me. The scheduling bar on the tracker shows 'in production' June 2nd, and hadn't received any email since May 23rd. So I decided to call Ford directly last Thursday 6/8. The Ford person said regarding tracking on his end, 'that the truck was in production, off-site, and a delivery date to the dealer 7/2-7/8, but not built. Huh??? "What does that mean, is it built?", I asked. He didn't know, and recommended contacting my Ford dealership. After I got off the phone I noticed my window sticker is no longer available. Still isn't. Any clues as to what might be going on? 

In the meantime, if I don't get an email from Ford in the next few days, I'll go to the dealership and ask the sales manager what might be happening. 

16 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I agree with ice-capades. I've not heard of Ford essentially stopping production for a trim level this early and giving up. They still have a number of months to possibly schedule the order. This would also be affecting other people as well and I've not seen nor heard anything from others of a similar situation. This would also make the Ford authority news because this would be significant.

8 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

I agree with ice-capades. I've not heard of Ford essentially stopping production for a trim level this early and giving up. They still have a number of months to possibly schedule the order. This would also be affecting other people as well and I've not seen nor heard anything from others of a similar situation. This would also make the Ford authority news because this would be significant.

Very possible it’s my dealership trying to take the “easy way” out so I stop asking every Thursday. I’ll try and get better answers from them and documentation. If they can’t provide I will absolutely be going to a different dealer for a 24 or just saying bye to ford and try another brand for a few years until things “hopefully” settle back down

• Like 1

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumors of KR and up already being rolled into 24 orders? Someone in one of the FB groups said there would be no limited production and they had a photos of the Ford production sheet that said the limited production was exhausted. Thank you. 

Ordered 03/01/23, Lariat Ultimate 7.3l, 4.30 gears, black appearance package, dual alternator, Pro Power Onboard, Max Recline, etc etc. Basically checked nearly all the options. Initially scheduled to wek of 5/24, then changed near the end of April to week of 7/29, a couple weeks ago I got an rail saying bumped to week of 8/24. Checked this morning and to my surprise, iam scheduled to week of 6/22!  We will see if it comes to fruition but this is hopeful as I was starting to consider having to place an order for a '24 and lose my PCO. 

Remaining skeptically hopeful. 

I got a phone call and voicemail from my salesman this morning. They have a few that were ordered 10/27 and 10/28. To this point, no VIN's, nothing. Mine was even a 10 for a priority code. He said they pushed them thru to their ford rep, and should have a build date by end of the week. I haven't had a chance to call him back, but i probably will at some point today. I hadn't even called him or emailed him in 2 months. I had kinda decided that if i didn't have the truck by july 10, i was just going to order a 24 and not take this one.

I guess i have a feeling it won't come as ordered. 350 DRW Lariat, ultimate package, HO motor, Black with black onyx interior. I just saw something yesterday, where someone posted that black onyx interior is another one of those items with limited availability. Ford rep might move it to a priority code 1 or 2, but if that's limited availabilty, it probably doesn't matter. It'll either get built with the wrong interior or still pushed back.